Holy Crap, The Electric Heated Snuggie Really Exists

I’ve never found the Snuggie all that appealing. “Call me when they make an electric, heated version,” I’ve always said. Yesterday, our man on the ground at the Consumer Electronics Show called. The Coz-E, an electric blanket with sleeves, debuted this past fall, and somehow nobody gave me one for Christmas. Or even told me.

Actually, the reason why nobody gave me one is that most of my friends and family have at least a little bit of financial sense. The thing costs $68.

With the same amount of money, you could go to Walmart and buy an original-brand Snuggie and a heated electric throw blanket, and have enough left for a pizza and a six-pack of cheap beer.

Coz-E Electric Blanket [Urban Outfitters]

Comments

1. Mr. Fix-It says: "Canadian Bacon is best bacon!" says:

68 bucks for an electric blanket isn’t bad, actually…

It still looks like a creepy cultist robe though, so that might be a bit of a trade-off.

• Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

For a crappy ass electric blanket, it is.

• Mr. Fix-It says: "Canadian Bacon is best bacon!" says:

Oh no doubt. A good electric blanket in these parts is worth over a hundred dollars, easily. Usually closer to two hundred…

• Foot_Note says:

heh now i have visions of “thuggie” cultists from the indiana jones movie all with electric snuggies and looong extension cords! “protect your heart!”

2. zegron says:

Whoosh!! You are now on fire. Thanks for buying snuggie!

• mmbb says:

At least your estate can dig through the ashes for the UL label and maybe an address of who to sue. DIY and you’re just that crazy mad-scientist charred corpse that smells a bit like BBQ (sorry, am ex-medic and we joke about stuff like that so that we don’t have to think about it much. …and we have great pity for er docs and coroners; they never joke).

• mmbb says:

• mmbb says:

• mmbb says:

3. Mark says:

“It still looks like a creepy cultist robe though…”

Imagine a wave of cultists attacking you.

All suddenly stopped as if by a giant invisible hand.

When they reach the end of their electric cords.

4. RandomHookup says:

If she comes with the Snuggie, I’m in.

5. rpm773 says:

Call me when they make an electric, heated version,” I’ve always said.

Check and mate, Laura

6. Excuse My Ambition Deficit Disorder says:

I like the way you think Laura, but is it safe to drink cheap beer while wearing an electric snuggy. I just hear the commerical using that song they used to play while all the drunk people are doing the electric slide. Electric snuggy, makes me think of that great ole 80′s movie ‘Breakin’….

7. PadThai says:

It’s $68 because it comes from Urban Outfitters.

8. Necoras says:

I’d be curious about the quality of the fabric. I *LOVE* my Slanket; it keeps me plenty warm. I’m not entirely certain that the electric component is at all needed though. Slanket + electric socks would be nice though.

9. IraAntelope says:

how about a battery-heated version, so I can be mobile and warm at the same time? that would be great for ice-fishermen and hunters. maybe in camo or blaze orange?

• Mr. Fix-It says: "Canadian Bacon is best bacon!" says:

Shouldn’t be too hard to do… the problem is you’ll be carrying around a big-ass battery though. :(

Well, if it’s a robe you wear backwards, I suppose the battery could go on like a backpack-sorta-thing…

10. Jane_Gage says:

Does the thing she’s holding vibrate? Is it surface washable?

11. stormbird says:

My nieces love their Snuggies… because they’re 8 and 10. Even they would think this was too far. There’s being comfortable and there’s the fire department cutting through a wall so the forklift can get you out of the house.

12. AnthonyC says:

Maybe it’s just the way the cloth hangs, but that woman looks really ridiculously thin. Someone get her a nice hot meal to go with that snuggie!

13. Difdi says:

Not only are they still fire hazards…now it’s been upgraded to an electrical fire.

14. Cyniconvention says:

It’d be kind of amusing to see thugs in a gang wearing these things and carrying around an extension cord.

15. mmbb says: