Markets held onto a rally Monday, spurred by news of continuing manufacturing sector growth. The Dow gained .98% in mid-morning trading, the S&P 1.24% and the Nasdaq 1.7%. But don’t start firing up your Scottrades and Etrades just yet unless you’ve got a fifth of Pepto in your desk drawer. 2011 is looking to be just as rocky as ever.
Markets Hit 2011 With A Jump
By Ben Popken January 3, 2011
More From Consumerist
- Procter & Gamble Is Planning To Ditch Its Duracell Battery Business
- Tesla Predicts One Million Vehicles By 2020, Including Model 3 ‘Family’ Of Cars
- Hellmann’s Sues Mayo Start-Up For False Advertising Because Mayonnaise Is Supposed To Contain Eggs
- Mercedes-Benz Planning To Launch Its First Pickup Truck By 2020
- Could A JetBlue Hotel Be Part Of Your Future Travel Plans?