Pack A Suit Coat Without Wrinkles

Here’s how to perform that heretofore impossible trick of packing a suit coat without a garment bag or putting up with wrinkles. This soundless video shows how you turn the coat inside out and perform the necessary suit origami so you can pack light and not look like a schlump. Just pay more attention to the moves than to the actor’s shirt.

Jacket folding – light travel one-bag packing technique [YouTube via Lifehacker]

Comments

1. vizsladog says:

This really does work; my father taught me to do this years ago. The only difference is that he taught me to hold the “hook loop” in my teeth while making the fold; that way it can be done in one smooth motion without risking an additional crease by having to “turn” the jacket. I think the military has been doing this for centuries. Regardless, it works very well.

2. c!tizen says:

Warning: unrelated to actual post.

This posts reminds me of high school project we did about making an effective “how-to” for anything we wanted. One girl did a really interesting one about making a projection TV out of some household items and a normal TV, it was actually pretty good, but this post reminds me of one that the “quiet kid” did… “how to fudge pack without chocolate.”

I was literally rolling on the floor laughing. You just wouldn’t expect it from him, it was comedy gold. I wish we had phones with video capability back then… good times.

• Holybalheadedchrist! says:

Imagine how funny it would have been if we were all there…

;)

• c!tizen says:

The teacher didn’t let him actually show the how-to, even though she was also laughing at it, she made him redo it later, but it’s still one of my all time favorite in-class high school memories.

• DH405 says:

What are the odds that it was a stall tactic and the video was blank?

• c!tizen says:

no video, all of the projects were done on poster board with a hand written presentation on index cards. Of course, drawings were allowed.

3. CapitalC says:

Can someone adjust the vertical-hold on that guy’s shirt? ;)

4. packcamera says:

I could get stoned, flick on the blacklight, and stare at that shirt all day…

5. rahntwo says:

That looks very clever…but I believe I’ll stick with my Tim Allen patented Suit in a Can. No folding required.

6. tiz says:

how about rolling it? same way as packing for a trip, rolling takes up far less room in a suitcase/duffel bag than folding.