Have You Finished Your Christmas Shopping Yet?

I finished all my holiday shopping back before Hanukkah, so I’ll just be chilling out around Consumerist HQ and occasionally playing with a plastic bag. But I am aware that with only hours to go until Santa Claus squeezes his jolly girth down millions of chimneys, many of you humans are still scrambling to do some last-minute shopping.

And since most of the people that normally scratch my neck or tease me with the laser pointer are busy waiting in line (and hoping they don’t get recognized) at Best Buy or Walmart, it’s up to me to check in with the readers to see how you all are doing today.

So are you reading this on your smartphone while some shopper ahead of you refuses to show his ID for a credit card purchase? Or are you at home, sipping eggnog and wrapping up all the presents you purchased for the most important person (or cat) in your life?

Comments

1. APriusAndAGrill says:

bout to start in 15 mins

• Clyde Barrow says:

I did mine yesterday also and got everything at JC Penney and I was pleasantly surprised at their low prices. I spent a little under $500.00 for everyone. My nephew got a $180 ski jacket for $50.00. My mom, wives of my nephew’s, and my sister each got a heated plush throw blanket on sale for $50.00 each and my other nephew’s wife got a card from their salon for a pedicure/manicure. All in all, it was inexpensive but cool cuz I know that they’ll like what I go them.

2. Straspey says:

+1 For Holiday Cat

3. DogiiKurugaa says:

I finished with the important gifts (gifts for the nieces that I’m visiting tomorrow), but will be waiting till after Christmas for everyone else. Not because I’m a jerk mind, but because I have a VERY low disposable income threshold.

4. evilpete says:

I’m never done. since 2011 Christmas shopping starts on Sunday

• Cheap Sniveler: Sponsored by JustAnswer.comâ„¢ says:

If I had money left, I would start on 2011 now. Some great deals to be had.

Maybe I should move our family holiday festivities to January. After all, Jesus WASN’T born on Dec 25th!

• RandomHookup says:

You can always claim you observe the original tradition of Christian gift giving — the Epiphany (the 12th Day of Christmas). In Puerto Rico, this is perhaps a more important holiday than Xmas.

Or claim you converted to an Orthodox faith that celebrates Christmas on January 7th.

5. Keter says:

My Christmas shopping consisted of buying some things to resell to others for them to give as Christmas gifts. I hate the commercial aspect and haven’t “done” Christmas since my son grew up and moved away. I give things to people I care about through the year.

6. yevarechecha says:

Did everything online, haven’t wrapped any of it yet. I will get around to that at some point today.

7. whitecat says:

PLASTIC BAGS ARE NOT TOYS!!!!

8. jason in boston says:

Just got back from the packie. Final shopping complete. Going to introduce the family to good beer. Mmmmm…craft beer.

How the hell am I gonna wrap a 6 pack?

9. backinpgh says:

Actually I have nothing left to do but wrap lol

10. RadarOReally has got the Post-Vacation Blues says:

I just got back from buying a last-minute gift on my lunch hour for someone who’s coming to a party where we exchange presents. I didn’t know she was coming, so I just ducked out and bought her a pretty scarf. NOW I’m done.

11. Ayanami says:

Thanks to amazon, ebay, newegg and monoprice, I got done on cyber monday.

12. 6T9 says:

I don’t have any money for gifts this year.

13. segfault, registered cat offender says:

“Are we finished with Holiday Cat yet?”

14. Fubish says: I don't know anything about it, but it seems to me... says:

“I’m never done. since 2011 Christmas shopping starts on Sunday”

+10! LOL!