Reach Dell Resolution Expert Center

Here’s how to contact the Dell Resolution Expert Center (REC), another place to get action on your Dell customer service issue. It’s a special internal escalations team set up to resolve thornier problems that’s been around for several years but many customers aren’t aware of.

One Dell call center employee calls them “demigods” and recommends that “if there is no luck after trying at least twice to get something resolved, fill out the form and wait about 1-4 days for a turnaround, which can end up being faster than a mass emailing.”

Another arrow in your quiver!

Dell Resolution Expert Center [Dell]

Comments

1. c!tizen says:

This departments been around since October of 2004… bit late to game.

2. Mr. Fix-It says: "Canadian Bacon is best bacon!" says:

Ahhh yes, these would be the people that sent me my new laptop, saying “Thanks for not suing us for selling you a flammable laptop!” Or at least, they’re the ones who arranged that to happen ;P

3. jimmyhl says:

I never heard of a demigod that needed a 1-4 day turnaround.

• c!tizen says:

I take it you’ve never worked for Dell. It takes a presidential order, a ancient Aztec ritualistic sacrifice, an act of god, and the blood of 2 virgin hookers to get anything done in less than a week there.

• Mr. Fix-It says: "Canadian Bacon is best bacon!" says:

Virgin Hookers… goddamn, them’s some hard Material Components to come by.

Or is it an Arcane Focus? Can you use it more than once, or does it burn up during the ritual? o3o;;

/D&Dnerd

4. AllanG54 says:

Dangling modifier….was the department set up years ago or the thornier problems that the customers don’t know about. My guess is BOTH.

5. Duckula22 says:

Still with a pretty strong and broken accent?

6. ryan444123 says:

For the bonus round, anyone who has a Dell knows they better get Dell small business(Latitude NOT VOSTRO!) if they want decent customer service. Dell Home customer service is abysmal. On the other hand, writing on Michael Dell’s Facebook wall that you don’t like his customer is a good customer service catalyst as well. This customer service department used to be in the U.S. but got shipped offshore and can be just as terrible as regular customer service. However, at least they call you often to ensure your problem was resolved…five calls later.

• Red Cat Linux says:

^ this.

Dell corporate or government support is generally “yes, Ma’m, thank you Ma’m, anything I can do fo you Ma’m?” when there is an issue. On occasion you do need to saddle up and get yer shootin’ iron, but that’s rare.

Dell home support is a sad state of affairs. You spend most of the calls trying to explain to the person (I refuse to call them techs) on the other end of the phone why the topic of your call is a problem, why they should care and what they need to do about it.

If you ever call Dell home desktop support and get someone who seems to be intelligent, attentive, helpful and talented, you will never hear from them again. They will be bumped up to a higher tier of support.

On the other hand when Dell escalates, they are like the Terminator. They absolutely will not stop until the problem is resolved. You know how some CS shops will tell you they’ll call back and don’t? This is not them. The phone calls and e-mails will continue until morale improves.

• MW says:

This, so much this.

My laptop started smoking at about 1am one monday morning a couple months ago; I had a replacement sitting at my front door by about midday tuesday and I doubt I was on the phone for more than 10 minutes. Every time I’ve ever called in, it’s been pretty much perfect service.

7. AntiNorm says:

This is moot, because Dell has a binding mandatory arbitration clause in their Terms of Sale. Until this clause goes away, I won’t even consider buying from Dell. (I just bought a ~$2500 HP laptop a couple of months ago. Because of this, I didn’t even look at Dell laptops.)

• davidsco says:

A. You bought a $2500 laptop??? Is it encased in Gold?
      B. You bought an HP, which is a FAR worse company, and product than Dell. You’ll learn

8. jstsimplyme says:

Just so you understand there are two divisions of the Dell REC team. If your made your purchase on a business or government type of account then you will speak to someone from their call center in Round Rock, TX. If you purchased on a consumer or EPP program you will still speak with support still in India but they will have more authority to resolve your issue.