Tossing That Newspaper In A Trash Can Could Cost You $100

What one elderly woman in NYC thought was a good deed was actually a violation worthy of a $100 ticket from the Dept. of Sanitation.

The 80-year-old woman tells the NY Post that she was slapped with the hefty fine when she tried to keep the streets clean by tossing out her newspaper in a city trash can.

“I was walking to take the subway downtown and dropped it in a trash can, and this lady in a blue uniform ran up to me,” she tells the paper. “I thought she was going to ask for directions. She said, ‘You just dropped garbage in there.’

“I said, ‘I didn’t, it was just a newspaper,’ and I offered to take it out.”

The ticket was written for placing “improper refuse” in a city litter basket. The Post says the bin in question is marked with signs that read “litter only” and “no household trash.”

The Dept. of Sanitation tells the Post, “Being fined for tossing a newspaper into a basket is odd…. Too many apartment dwellers use the corner litter basket as their personal household dumping site.”

The woman says that she intends to fight the fine, but that if she doesn’t pay up within 10 days it will soar to $300.

Some of you may remember that the NYC Dept. of Sanitation attempted to fine a man $2,000 for picking up an air-conditioner that had been left on the curb as trash.

Granny’s $100 ticket – for throwing out newspaper [NY Post via Gothamist]

Comments

1. Alvis says:

If the alternative is throwing the paper on the sidewalk, doesn’t that make it litter?

• Quake 'n' Shake says:

That’s the key. Toss it on the ground first, get fined for litering. Then, and only then, can you throw it in the trash bin.

• Griking says:

Actually the fine for throwing it on the ground (littering) is probably less.

2. Muddie says:

What the headline said: “Tossing That Newspaper In A Trash Can Could Cost You $100″

What the headline meant: “Tossing a newspaper into a trash may cost woman $100″

Don’t sensationalize headlines. You’re supposed to be better then that.

Also, this is dumb and will be overturned.

• Shadowman615 says:

Thanks for telling them how to run their blog, but nearly every headline since this blog’s inception has been written about “you” in that manner. Just noticing now?

• theycallmeGinger says:

But are they incorrect in saying “Tossing That Newspaper In A Trash Can Could Cost You $100″? When, in fact, it COULD cost you $100? No sensationalism, they’re just sayin’.

3. FrugalFreak says:

Glad I don’t live in NY

4. McRib wants to know if you've been saved by the Holy Clown says:

How is a newspaper household trash? It’s pretty common to a) carry newspapers outside the house (esp in NY) and b) you can get and use newspapers completely outside of the home!

• Ziggie says:

Read the original article — she threw her newspaper away in a plastic bag which “may have” also had an empty canola oil bottle in it… That does sound like she was throwing out her personal trash not just dumping a newspaper after reading it.

• ajaxd says:

Read the article. The lady came out of her apartment building and dropped a plastic bag in the trash can. Sanitation officer claims there was a newspaper and some household trash inside. Why didn’t the lady just drop the trash in her building is unclear but the law is meant precisely to fight that.

5. pecan 3.14159265 says:

The question is: does a newspaper qualify as household trash, making it a violation to throw a newspaper in a bin that is marked “no household trash?”

I say no, since a newspaper can be obtained anywhere (certainly outside of a house), and can easily qualify as litter as well.

• Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

My newspaper was tossed outside my porch. So it was not household trash.

Also, I bought a newspaper from a kiosk at the corner store, so it is not household trash.

That blue uniformed moron should be fired.

• JennQPublic says:

The lady even admitted that there “may have been an empty canola oil bottle” in the bag. Or didn’t you RTFA?

Seriously, with a name like that, you should RTFA. It’s very noticeable when you don’t, and the instances start to add up quickly.

• SDJASON says:

I’m more interested in why the hell this is a law in the first place?

….Really? How does a law this “stupid” do anyone any good.

• mobiuschic42 says:

Well, it keeps public trash cans from overflowing and prevents people from abusing the “free” public sanitation system rather than paying their own trash pick-up fees.

• TheWillow says:

Meanwhile my aunt leaves all her bottles and cans next to those trashcans for the homeless to return for the deposit.

• Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

Stupid law and/or stupid enforcement of said law, regardless.

6. rugman11 says:

I actually kind of understand this. The city places small trash receptacles on the streets to encourage people not to litter. The city doesn’t want people using these trash cans as their own trash cans so they fine people who do so. A woman walks straight from her house to the trash can and was caught. It seems completely reasonable.

The real question is why didn’t she just throw the newspaper in her own trash?

Now if she was coming from somewhere else and just carrying the newspaper, that’s a different situation, and I would argue that this fine is questionable at best.

• obits3 says:

“It seems completely reasonable.”

From the NY Post:
      “Gluckin said she bought the paper at a deli and tossed it out in the white plastic shopping bag they’d given her.”

This was litter, not household trash.

• u1itn0w2day says:

I guess she would’ve been better off throwing the bag and the newspaper out seperately seconds apart to avoid the appearance of dumping trash en masse.

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

Right, she bought it at the deli. But it didn’t clarify whether she had gone home to read the paper and was exiting her apartment (meaning the paper was household trash) or she tossed it after she left the deli and walked past her apartment, on her way to the subway.

• IphtashuFitz says:

Perhaps she walked out of her house in the morning, stopped at the corner newsstand and bought a paper, read it while walking to the subway, and threw it away before getting to the subway station.

Why should she be forced to carry around something all day long just to throw it out back home if she never had it at home in the first place?

• rugman11 says:

If that’s the case, then I agree, she shouldn’t be fined. If, on the other hand, she went to corner deli, bought breakfast and a newspaper, went back home to enjoy them and tossed the paper out when she left home, I think she should be fined. The article isn’t entirely clear and I’m basing my interpretation on the fact that the bin was “right outside her Inwood apartment building”.

• Gulliver says:

Actually, the fact she bought it, makes it HER trash and her responsibility to get rid of it in an authorized container. Maybe one SHE is paying for. Maybe you wouldn’t think it a big deal, but imagine 10 million people in the city dumping a newspaper in the trash that the city has to pay to pick up. She bought it, she owns it, therefore it is household trash. Just because it never made it into her home is irrelevant.

• u1itn0w2day says:

I could see it if she dumped a supermarket bag full of trash in that trash can but A newspaper which could’ve been picked up anywhere? Or maybe she didn’t finish reading until she left the apartment or was undecided about keeping it. OR maybe she simply found it on the way to the can.

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

It says she bought the newspaper at a deli, so I got the impression that she bought the newspaper and tossed it into the bin outside her home. Maybe the subway stop she wanted to get to was past her home and she was passing it on her way there. Maybe she bought it at the deli, then went home. The article isn’t too clear.

• rugman11 says:

Yeah, I wish it was more specific. In my opinion, if she took the newspaper home, it’s household trash. If she was walking from the deli, it’s litter.

• Shadowfax says:

Seems to me that if you put a trash can out on the sidewalk, a reasonably prudent person will assume it’s OK to put trash in it.

She obviously wasn’t “dumping her household garbage” because she didn’t haul two Hefty bags full of vegetable peelings and cat litter to the trash can. She put a newspaper in it. That’s what the trash can is there for. If it’s not there for throwing trash in to, then there should be a very clear sign posted next to the trash can specifying what garbage is permissible.

• jessjj347 says:

Most people will put small bags full of trash, like the sort that would be in a small household trashcan in a bedroom or something.

I can understand the worker from a distance thinking there was trash being dumped, but I have no idea why he/she would continue to write a ticket unless he/she saw bags of trash in that can and assumed one was the woman’s. It’s basically a fight of he said she said, and I doubt the elderly woman will win.

• cyberpenguin says:

And the empty bottle of Canola oil that was in the plastic sack of trash with the newspaper?

7. u1itn0w2day says:

Sanitation workers with ticket writing ability? and a ticket writing device?

No chance of a quota/ revenue generation here…right? …

8. dush says:

She didn’t even get the paper at home. She bought it a deli and then was done with it.
    Knowing the internet I think sanit cop Kathy Castro is probably going to be getting some stern messages from people.

• cyberpenguin says:

She probably picked up the empty bottle of Canola oil and the other trash that she threw in, along with the newspaper, at the same deli.

I’ve never been to New York, but isn’t that a New York deli tradition to give out empty bottles of Canola oil?

9. pecan 3.14159265 says:

Anyone else notice that because NY Post published the location of the trash can and said it was outside her apartment building, now everyone knows where this old lady lives?

• Communist Pope says:

Good point. Now unscrupulous readers will know that she lives in a building somewhere south-west of the Harlem River, east of the Hudson River, and north of about Fort Tryon Park. I’m sure eager thieves are already blanketing the area with copies of the picture of the trash can so they’ll know they found the right building when they see the street outside of it.

10. chucklebuck says:

She might be the only person in history to not just leave her newspaper on the subway seat when she gets off the train.

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

A lot of people leave their newspapers on the subway, and it’s so annoying. I make it a habit to throw mine into the recycle bins in the station. I get really angry at people who make a scene when I forget once in a while, though. I forgot one day because I was really tired and this old guy practically yelled in my face, “DO YOU WANT ME TO THROW THAT OUT FOR YOU?!” I glared at him because it was 7 am and no one needs to be yelling at 7 am. I get that people might suspect that everyone is a newspaper litterbug, but there’s no excuse to be rude.

• chucklebuck says:

In the morning, the company that hands out the Metro (the freebie newspaper) actually comes into the trains at my station and collects all the newspapers just lying around. My station is an endpoint though, so I guess some people still have to deal with this. I’ve just come to expect to see newspapers lying around just as much as defaced ads and spilled drinks.

• catastrophegirl chooses not to fly says:

see, it’s a courtesy service: the newspapers are made available to put down for absorbing spilled drinks so you don’t have to sit in someone’s spilled soda/coffee

• Toffeemama is looking for a few good Otters says:

I would have smiled and said “Thanks! That’s so nice of you!”

• Mr_Human says:

It’s a NYC tradition, actually, to leave papers behind for other riders.

• veronykah says:

I actually liked when an intact newspaper is left on a seat, if I forgot to bring reading material then I’ve got a free paper for my ride. Just don’t throw them on the floor and make a mess.

11. beer4me says:

wow, that is pretty absurd. I understand the point of the law, but they should be looking for people taking trash bugs full of stuff out, not some lady who dropped a newspaper

• Rena says:

Yeah, if you’re breaking the law by putting a newspaper in the trash, then there’s something wrong with the law.

• clickable says:

Oh, but it’s so much easier to “do your job” if you just hang out in one location and ticket everyone who tosses something – no matter how small – into the adjacent trash can, rather than walking up and down all those blocks looking for real culprits.

• GuidedByLemons says:

It’s not reasonable, period, and anybody in this comment section saying it’s reasonable is (point blank) an idiot.

The newspaper was purchased outside the home and never entered the home. It is simply impossible to classify it as household trash, even by making up some absurdly unreasonable standard for what constitutes household trash.

The end. Jesus.

• GuidedByLemons says:

-1 to my own post.

On closer scrutiny, it seems she may have tossed a bag of actual household trash that happened to include a newspaper. If that’s the case then she deserves a ticket. Should have read the article before the comments.

12. qualityleashdog says:

Sometimes I have to use a public trash can because I’m 4-7 days away from home trash pickup and there’s something I don’t want hanging around in my trash cans that long.
    I live in a city that refuses to do anything about stray cats (they suggest you become the manager of a cat colony and trap, pay to have neutered/spayed and release the cats, if you are concerned) and they also impose limits on the volume and weight of your garbage.

Solution? If I’m processing 8 chickens at once for freezing, the carcasses wind up in a city can, since I blame them for not allowing me large, durable cans that are inpenetrable to cats, nor will they trap and either relocate or destroy the cats. So needless to say, I hope the media gets this woman out of the ticket.

• shepd says:

Your city picks up the trash, so I’m assuming they have a waste transfer station (or a landfill). Can you not take it there?

It might be inconvenient, but that’s what I do. Of course, the limits on trash in my neighbourhood are pretty good (10 bags per family up to 50 lbs each bag), so the only times I’ve been there was when moving and renovating. The city dump can be hardasses on fees, though, so I can see why someone might do this in that case.

• qualityleashdog says:

They make us pay for city trash, even if we hire a private company. So it’s as bad as a monopoly. We get only two 33 gallon bags per water meter, so it’s severely limited. Transfer station is not a bad deal, you can take up to 500 pounds for $12. But it’s not a good deal or worth your time if you just have ten pounds of something you want gone, you still pay $12.

I’d love to have a mini-dumpster and pay a private company, but as long as I have to pay the city, they’re going to be hauling my trash, whether out of my alley or out of the secluded public can.

• catastrophegirl chooses not to fly says:

just as an FYI- in my experience working with feral cat colonies [as a volunteer with an organization that does this all year long for my city] relocating or destroying feral cats just leaves room for more cats to come back. the only way to manage them is to TNR [trap, neuter, return] which limits the population from growing. if they remove, you will just end up with more strange cats trying to eat your trash.

we had a situation with a local prison where the county destroyed dozens of cats every year and every year there were new cats – the cats were attracted to the food/trash/warmth and entered the grounds to live.
      you are definitely on track with the cat resistant container idea and i’m sorry you are having the problem with the cats.
      if there’s a feral cat organization in your area, they may be willing to try to manage the colony.

• qualityleashdog says:

So, once stray cats afflict an area, they’ll always afflict the area? I understand removing them makes more room for new ones, but at some point the ones already there will die — old age, disease, be run over or be removed one way or the other by humans.

Not that I’m at all interested in managing a colony, but I do know that the programs here ask that when a manger traps a cat for neuter/spaying, you must leave the cat in the cage it was trapped in when you submit it for altering. That means a colony manager is limited in the number of cats they can get altered at one time by the number of traps they own.
        Traps aren’t cheap, so if you wanted to do ten cats in one month (alterations are offered once a month), you would have to own ten traps, near or over $500 worth of hardware. If they do the cats one or two at a time, by the time you run through all the breeders, new ones have grown up or moved in to replace those you altered. Seems like everyone, from the managers to the exterminators, is just treading water
        I’m still all for removing them and placing them in whatever shelters will have them.

• catastrophegirl chooses not to fly says:

shelters won’t take them. that’s why organizations like the one i work with exist. there are programs that will let you rent traps in some areas. around here there’s one called operation catnip that will loan you the traps for a refundable deposit. the hardest part is they have limited vets and limited traps so their spay and neuter days book waaay in advance.
          my group has a spay and neuter clinic coming up that we are sponsoring for ferals and for low income pet owners. but we can only manage it twice a year.
          and unfortunately, yes – if there’s food [trash cans] and shelter [which there obviously is or the colony wouldn't congregate there] then the cats keep coming back to the same areas. and they don’t die off from old age or disease nearly as fast as they breed. a fertile feral cat can have a minimum of two litters of kittens a year, sometimes as many as 6 or seven kittens. even if half of them die, the colony will tend to double every year. and if it’s a healthy colony with limited wildlife/traffic danger it can get way out of hand as long as there’s a food supply.
          a lot of cats in feral colonies also come from people seeing a bunch of cats hanging around and dropping their own unwanted kittens there.
          i’m really sorry about your feral problem. and colony management is like having another full time job. one that involves watching cat traps all night for weeks on end. i don’t blame you for not wanting to get into that.
          maybe ask the local shelters if they know of any volunteer feral groups who will at least come out to see about options for controlling it?

13. stevied says:

Newspaper = Household trash?

Sure, somebody can read the newspaper in their home. They can also buy one on street corner to read while riding the subway.

Just claim you were reading the paper on the subway and therefore it is legal to use the city’s precious trash can.

• cyberpenguin says:

Exactly. Just because she happened to carry her newspaper around in a plastic sack with an empty Canola oil bottle and dropped them both in the trash along with other garbage doesn’t make it wrong.

This is blatant discrimination against the elderly newspaper reading, Canola oil ???? crowd.

Is that a common thing in New York??? Canola oil and a newspaper?

14. HammRadio says:

no one reads the original article:

So clearly this wasn’t a woman who was finished reading a newspaper and oh by the way. She collected the newspaper plus some other trash put it into another bag. which found its way into the trash can. The fine is completely worthy…

When I first read the headline I thought she might have been fined for dumping the newspaper in the trash when a recycling can… i know some train stations (not subway) here in philly have newspaper recycling cans in addition to litter on the platform.

• rugman11 says:

This sounds more like it. I don’t know how I missed that line. My guess (as I stated above), is that she went to the corner deli, bought breakfast, went back home to eat and relax, then put everything together and tossed it in the trash on her way out of the house. To me, that is a clear violation of the “No Household Trash” rule.

• healthdog says:

Or, she bought a wrapped sandwich and a bottle of juice and a newspaper, which the deli put in a bag. To a crazed sanitation worker, newspaper + food detritus = household trash.

15. Awesome McAwesomeness says:

I think the cop is misconstruing the law. I think it’s meant to keep people from taking their bathroom trash bag and just putting in a street can. I don’t think it means that you can’t toss the newspaper you were just reading into the can. I am also sure it’s not just for putting litter found on the ground in. By litter, I think it means any item that could potentially become litter/aka trash.

16. earthprince says:

I thought this was a matter of the newspaper not being recycled, but instead thrown into the trash. Barring that, I can’t imagine why this makes any sense. Seems like a rogue city worker who the higher ups hopefully know for having a reputation for being absurd, and thus just throw the case out.

17. Ubernostrom says:

I don’t get this. Garbage is garbage right? So, excluding recycling concerns, why the hell does it matter if its in your garbage, the dumpster, or whatever garbage can the city decided to leave out?

• mobiuschic42 says:

Actually, garbage isn’t just garbage, especially in a large city like NYC with lots of trash. It costs money to deal with it, and the idea behind this kind of law is that the city wants to keep the streets clean, but it doesn’t want to end up paying to take care of everyone’s trash.

18. Jachim says:

My first instinct would be to refuse to cooperate with the idiot ticket writer. If some person that’s not a cop asks for ID, tell them to piss off and walk away. They can’t write me a ticket without knowing who I am.

• Gulliver says:

And you would summarily have the police called and you would be arrested for a civil infraction. I always love tough guys who think they are so smart. You are like the moron who says don’t pull over if you did nothing wrong.

• ecwis says:

One can be arrested for a civil infraction? Where did you get your law degree? Nobody is legally required to talk to sanitation employees.

19. UnicornMaster says:

It says there may have been an empty bottle of Canola oil in there… I don’t think she used the oil on the street. She was taking her garbage out.

• u1itn0w2day says:

” there may have been an empty canola bottle “

‘may have’-come on granny guilty as charged. But I wholeheartedly agree that this should not have been a ticket or even a major incident since she agreed to take it out. Just a friendly warning was all that was needed.

I wish our sanitation people here were as fussy about certain things. They’ll take anything including hazardous waste and bulk trash which should an extra charge. We also have residents in the neighborhood that are contractors that throw out the equivilent of a demolished kitchen every time-why should residents pay for commercial pick-up.

• cyberpenguin says:

Sounds good to me.

Next time I get stopped for speeding I’ll offer to slow down. I’m sure that’ll stop the office from writing the ticket.

20. HalOfBorg says:

IF …. If she had walked to the can to throw it away, yeah it’s wrong. But if she was on the way to the subway (as she says) then the can was used properly. You don’t throw out your house trash that way, but things like the paper you’re carrying is what it IS for.

21. Fubish says: I don't know anything about it, but it seems to me... says:

Ummm… the newpaper article quoted her as saying that there “may have been and empty bottle of canola oil” in the bag – this kinda changes the tenor of the whole thing.

22. dangermike says:

The original ticket is ridiculous enough but the part that says, “if she doesn’t pay up within 10 days it will soar to $300,” is absolutely infuriating. I happened to take a Monday off a few weeks ago and completely forgot that it was street sweeping day in my neighborhood, and street parking is not allowed from 8AM to 2PM on street sweeping days. Naturally, I received a parking citation (at 12 after 8, no less). I put it with the rest of my bills to paid at the end of the month (this happened to be the 1st Monday of the month), only to find out that the fines doubled after weeks. This should be illegal. I mean, fine, they got me. I cede that. I should have known better than to park in front my house on one of my few days off. It’s irritating, and if they had any decency, they would allow an occasional free pass but I’m honestly not holding my breath for that to come. But to crank up the fees after 2 weeks? That’s absurd. That’s ridiculous. It’s a huge rip-off. They also refuse to listen to any kind of appeals after that short period. It’s just plain wrong. I wasn’t going to withhold payment. I wasn’t going to try to weasel out of it. AND they charged me an extra $4 for having the audacity to pay online with a credit card rather than trusting that they would handle a personal check in a timely enough manner to avoid any more gratuitous fees from accumulating.

I am seriously considering writing a ballot referendum that requires (a) a courtesy letter to be sent after issuing any citation and (b) a minimum of 45 days from the postmarked date of the letter before any additional fees can be charged.

The way they do it now is nothing short of racketeering.

• Gulliver says:

So if your paycheck should not get paid until say 30 days instead of the 2 weeks you are so readily used to, you will be ok with it? It is CLEARLY written on your ticket as to when it is due. YOU are too fucking self-important to pay it on time. Not paying on time gets your fine increased. Imagine those trying YOU do not determine due dates based on what is convenient for YOU. You owe ME (the city) money, I TELL you when you will pay.Don’t like it? Don’t park where you have no business parking.

• Erika'sPowerMinute says:

Oh for Pete’s sake, lighten up. He got screwed by the Man and has every right to bitch about it. If cities didn’t play bullshit games with parking tickets people wouldn’t feel (rightly) like they’d been bent over a barrel.

23. hawguy says:

Uhh, in the original article, the lady admits: ” there “may have been an empty canola oil bottle” in the bag but insisted “there were no other items “

So she did break the law by dumping household trash in a public trashcan. Who carries an empty canola oil bottle with them to the Deli??

• Gulliver says:

Well you should see what plans for a party she had with her deli guy. Women in their 80′s need some help lubricating ya know.

24. dolemite says:

NYC…a place I don’t even want to visit due to nonsense like this. I recall a guy sitting on a milk crate outside his place of employment got some similar nonsense ticket.

25. XStylus says:

Unless there’s a cat involved, litter is trash and vice versa.

26. polishhillbilly says:

here in the backwoods of arkansas we can put anything we please into our trash.
    anything burnable gets burned and later added to the compost pile.
    such as boxes, shredded mail, and yard refuse.
    recycling? please… we don’t have side walks or paved roads.
    Trash collection is once a week, $18 per month, which includes a 90 gallon plastic can.

27. whyt says:

So if she threw the newspaper down on the ground first, would it then be litter and then it could go in the can?

28. Bella_dilo17 says:

It would be so much different if she threw a bag of garbage in there.

• majortom1981 says:

The article states SHE did through a bag that included the paper and other things. The consumerist is trying to lie to make the story sound better.

29. Vandil says:

I lived in NYS for a decent chunk of my life. If there’s a way they can fine you or make you pay a fee or buy a permit to do event the most mundane thing, they will do it.

30. lchen says:

I don’t know where the sanitation police are, never seen them ever. I’ve seen the odd dept vehicle on the street and I live 10 blocks away from a sanitation truck depot. I’ve never had a run in with them, even when we were doing major kitchen renovations and the trash piles were getting out of hand or when I just left an old TV out on the street with a sign “WORKS FINE, please take”.

31. suez says:

If this law is intended to prevent littering, I think it will fail because if I’m question and fined if I dare to throw something in the basket, I won’t take the risk!

32. clickable says:

That’s crazy. I hope she fights it and wins.

My parents were once fine $100 for putting out their trash cans before 5:00 PM (the day before collection). Their home and property are the kind any city would be proud of, spotless, sidewalks swept tiwce a week. But the city felt that neatly lining up trash cans at 4:30 in the afternoon, half an hour early, was deserving of a $100 ticket.

I had come to their house that day, and among other chores I did for them, before I left I set out their trash cans to save them the labor. But apparently there is indeed such a law on the books, and the ticket proved impossible to fight effectively. My inquiries got routed to some city ombudsman or something, and within a few days I just paid the fine before it would balloon up to $300.

This is even more shameful on the city’s part. At least in our case, it was a violation within the letter of the law, although incredibly frustrating. I hope this lady can get to the right address that will void the ticket

33. banmojo says:

This is stupidly ridiculous – I hope she successfully gets this dismissed – what a crock! NY and NYC is so out to lunch – they’re never coming back!! Give ‘em up to Mexico in exchange for them taking back all their illegals :^))

34. majortom1981 says:

The consumerist should be better then that. From the article linked to

“In a statement, Castro — who contended she was in plain clothes and not a uniform — said she opened the bag and found it “contained newspapers and other household garbage.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/this_fine_is_trash_8rVbRS4ZFKFhnmMwBngizN#ixzz17dYBqbY2

This is against whats posted on the garbage. IT was hosuehold items which makes it household trash.

Atleast read the whole article before bashing it. Please stop becoming like fox news.

35. cornstalker says:

This reminds me of my dorm in college, where the geniuses in charge decided to remove every trash receptacle in the building and then started complaining when trash started appearing in the lounge.

36. YokoOhNo says:

First these criminals want to suck off the teet of corporate america by insisting on minimum wage laws and anti-trust regulations…now they want to destroy every city in america by consuming resources that are rightfully owned by the people who are elected and run the city for wages that are much less than those in corporate america.

scavengers.