Madison Ave, take some copywriting lessons from this radical used car ad: “Looking for a car with a sweet tape deck and a radio with five pre-sets? A car that needs new brakes and maybe some action under the hood?…Than this is the car for you! [sic]“
Are you in love with the 80s? Looking for a car with a sweet tape deck and a radio with five pre-sets? A car that needs new brakes and maybe some action under the hood? Do you not trust your teenager in anything that has electric windows and more than 108 horsepower? Than this is the car for you!
1. This is the car that never dies (I wanted it to die for years, but never has)
2. Tires with lots of tread left
3. Adequate trunk space for this size of vehicle!
4. Manual transmission so you feel like it has more vroom
5. Tweed gray interior with matching vinyl trim and some tears
6. A dashboard with the vinyl pre-cracked
7. Runs but makes unidentifiable engine noises
8. Newer windshield wipers!
9. No LATCH system!
10. No airbags!
11. Completely respectable turning radius!
12. Manual windows so you can relive your youth
13. Air conditioning and heating!
14. It’s a Toyota, seriously, they go forever
Act now and I will throw in free snow chains (if they are still in the trunk) that I was forced to buy to make it over the Sierra-Nevada one late December!
Make me an offer!
Besides being amusing, it’s a good example of how you can use humor and honesty to make your online ads pop when you’re trying to offload stuff on Craigslist and eBay to earn some extra cash.
1989 Toyota Corolla [KSL] (Thanks to Shelly!)