The Lego Advent Calendar — Now With Naked, Showering Santa

Consumerist reader Trevor was having a look through Lego’s online shop when he decided to take a closer peek at the company’s Lego City Advent Calendar set. And what he saw there was something that could shake any child’s feelings about Kris Kringle to the core.

If you click on the image on the product page, you get a zoom-able image of all the items included in the set.

We’ll let Trevor tell his tale from this point:

In the large group photo, on the right side is the Santa. I had one of those “Is that really what it looks like?” moments. Maybe it’s a bell ringer under a streetlight, and the bell is behind his back, and he’s wearing a flesh-toned suit? Upon zooming in, though, it’s even more clear that it’s a Santa in the shower with a back scrubbing brush…

I know that “The Night Before Christmas” didn’t have a shower scene when I was a kid, and I’m pretty sure it doesn’t now… Why not something like a mall Santa scene, where he’s sitting on a chair, or a reindeer, or a sleigh, or about anything else that’s not involving a naked grown man in the shower?

In Santa’s defense, it appears that he isn’t actually completely naked and is wearing a black thong. Which might actually be worse.

Comments

1. Costner says:

In Santa’s defense, it is quite clear he is wearing a man-thong to hide his twig and giggleberries.

2. Mom says:

Delivering all those toys is hard work. Maybe Santa gets all hot and sweaty and needs a shower afterward.

3. kooly says:

But I don’t wanna sit on Santa’s lap!

4. umbriago says:

You try getting near Mrs. Claus after delivering six billion toys.

5. pecan 3.14159265 says:

He looks so angry…

6. Hirayuki says:

I love it! My four-year-old is crazy into Legos; some time ago he showed me how to take the minifigs’ pants off: by swapping them with yellow “pants”.

7. obits3 says:

This is just a body scan of santa…

8. phira says:

I cannot be the only person who saw the picture before the description and thought, “Why is LEGO making a kit showing one of the Chilean miners washing up after being rescued?” To be fair, though, the miners were able to shave to avoid the impressive Santa beard.

9. GuyGuidoEyesSteveDaveâ„¢ says:

He’s European, so he’s wearing Speedo like pants, like Capt Picard or Mr. Bean.

10. McRib wants to know if you've been saved by the Holy Clown says:

Only adults would be offended by this. Kids thankfully wont over react and wind up on the floor in a frothing puritanical fit screaming ‘think of the children!’

Seriously. Legos are fun. Showers happen. Heck, kids understand and freak out far less about natural things that everyone does. Seriously. My kids asked me what happens when Santa has to poop when he’s out and about. (I told him he visits the public restroom in an attempt to make him less stressed by public restrooms. We’ll see if that helps).

I’d TOTALLY buy that. Heck, I think I’m off to lego.com RIGHT NOW!

11. eccsame says:

Which isn’t nearly as disturbing as the sex-toy mom is holding on the box:

12. Hobz says:

I second the thong.

But, why then is Santa taking a shower with a thong on? How will he ever get his junk clean for the TSA pat down?

13. Rachacha says:

We have the Lego Advent calendar sitting on our end table right now. When I get home I will have to take a closer look. I might have to sneak a peek inside the box in an attempt to find “Speedo Santa”

14. Darrone says:

in 4 1, thanks OP!

15. NumberSix says:

No dong, no problem.

Also, HE’S A LEGO!

16. The cake is a lie! says:

LOL That is funny. We actually bought one of those for my son and haven’t opened it yet. I’ll have to look at it again and see if this is really in there. Too funny!

17. CaptCynic says:

That is messed up!

18. catastrophegirl chooses not to fly says:

looking at the pictures from the link, i am also confused about many of the other parts. like, why does an advent calendar need a bulldozer, a hatchet or a woman with a baguette? maybe the vehicles are supposed to be toy versions?
    then what’s up with what appears to be a set of a young girl, a cat, a dog and a white box with a hot dog on it?

• catastrophegirl chooses not to fly says:

also, robo-frosty is creepy

• Rachacha says:

For the past several years we have purchased the Lego Advent Calendar. Typically the box creates sort of a scene that you can set up and it becomes part of your holiday decorations. Last year there was an ice rink, a road and some tracks in the snow, and it became obvious that you could place certain items in certain parts of the box display to create a winter scene. In looking at this years box, it seems like a random collection of stuff that does not really go together or with a typical winter scene. I’ll know that the end is near when the calendar includes a ski jump and a shark.

19. stanner says:

Is this part of the TSA scanner set?

20. marlathetourist says:

My son just recieved this advent calendar from his grandmother. Now I cannot wait until he can open it up. Thank you people of Lego’s for having a sense of humor.

21. swedub says:

It just looks like a homeless guy taking a shower on the beach. We see that all the time driving down A1A in South Florida.

22. Warren - aka The Piddler on the Roof says:

Hmm. Santa in a black Speedo and a Devo hat taking a shower.

Sounds like a bad acid nightmare I had back in high school.

23. Britt says:

When I was a kid I’d have thought this was a riot!

24. Keter says:

I dunno, I think Santa looks pretty buff in his thong. ;) But the snowman on the box cover looks like a Dalek. Exterminate!

25. failurate says:

Who would have thought that Santa was a never-nude?

26. Jabberkaty says:

I’m sorry, this is awesome on a number of levels. Nonsensical hilarity being just one of them.

27. miss_j_bean says:

I need to go buy this right now!!! Is the submitter complaining? What’s wrong with Santa getting all clean before his big trip? Is showering taboo now in this ever-more-puritanical culture?