An Animated Takedown Of The Kardashian Kard

Those wascally NMA folk took a swing at the Kardashian Kard with a new comedic animated video. They waste no time skewering the fee-laden prepaid debit card marketed towards children. My favorite part is when Kim runs away laughing as her tween fans paw ineffectually towards her, their feet shackled to balls and chains of debt.

To see all the hidden fees on this card, check out this post.

Comments

1. obits3 says:

I don’t see much of a reason to have a prepaid debit card. Just get a bank account and don’t spend money you don’t have.

• Evil_Otto would rather pay taxes than make someone else rich says:

Seems like their target demographic probably can’t get a checking account. This seems like a pretty good way of giving your kid an allowance; every so often you add money to the card.

• obits3 says:

I doubt that. What you do is get an account for your kid with your name on it until they turn 18. Here’s another thought:

Fee for the first year: $99.95 + Plus other misc fees.

What does this mean? Unless you kid has lost over $100 a year in cash, they don’t need this card. If they do lose that much money a year, they don’t value the money.

• kmw2 says:

I have at least two ways to do that, through my Large National Bank and through Paypal, without massive fees every time the kiddo uses it. I give her $20, she gets $20. Seems like a way better deal.

• Sam Glover says:

What if I really want something, but I don’t have the money?

2. Blueskylaw says:

Once again, celebrities asking you to use their card, buy their product, see their movie, read their books, spray their perfume and wear their clothing, but God forbid if you come within 100 feet of me asking for an autograph.

• Bagumpity says:

Yeah, and break into their houses, strip down to nothing but skivvies and whipped cream, put on one of the mix tapes you sent them (and they NEVER said THANK YOU for!), have a little dance party while you wait for them to come home and what do they do?

Call the cops, that’s what. Sheesh!

3. msbask says:

I just read the list of fees and all I can say is…… Holy Cow.

4. davidsco says:

You couldn’t find this in ENGLISH?

5. SkyHawk says:

Here’s Next Media Animation’s Business model:
    1. Find American news story
    2. Make bad animated dramatization for said news story, post to internet
    3. ??????
    4. Profit.

It seems to be working, because these videos are comedy gold.

• satoru says:

Well even step 4 is a bit dubious at this point. They’re definitely not making much money, they’re only able to stay in business due to other print ventures basically funding them (similar to how MS Office/Windows divisions fund losses in their Phone/Gaming divisions). Still the guy acknowledges that print is going the way of the dodo. Whether he can translate that into a profitable business waits to be seen, but he’s at least trying something.