Forget The Double Down, This Is The Double Kill

Every time I look at a KFC Double Down, I think to myself, you know what this is missing? Onion rings, mac and cheese, beef patties, and of course, buns. Thankfully the boys of “Epic Meal Time” have rectified this significant oversight. And then they ate it.

They estimate this comes in at 3,686 calories and 181 grams of fat, which seems a little on the light side, but okay. Before you scoff, or barf, ask yourself if this dystopian future is really that far off.

[via McDon’t]

Comments

1. AI says:

KFC Double Down – 540 calories
    McDonalds Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese – 760 calories

2. FatLynn says:

There is no reasonable way to eat that. What’s the point of fast food if I can’t eat it while driving, texting, and smoking a cigarette?

3. SecretShopper: pours out a lil' liquor for the homies Wasp & Otter says:

c’mon really another frankenfood thing? it’s one thing if a restaurant somewhere is serving this but, its just a bunch of dudes throwing food together and listing obscene calorie numbers.

4. Applekid ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ) says:

3686 calories? No thank you. I’ll stick with limiting my daily calorie intake, since 540 calories are all that are found in

4/12
    DOUBLE DOWN EVERY DAY

5. McRib wants to know if you've been saved by the Holy Clown says:

Now if they find a way to embed it in double mocha-churn style ice cream, and then deep fry said ice-cream, and then wrap it in three hundred meat lovers pizzas, while ten million booth babes play the vuvuzela while battling one hundred trillion dinosaurs armed with lasers, let me know.

6. lawnmowerdeth says:

Please stop giving these guys attention. Piling junk food together is not that creative or interesting.

7. duxup says:

The food equivalent of death by snu snu.

8. kataisa says:

I echo lawnmowerdeth’s sentiments. Thes “lets-see-who-can-come-up-with-the-most-disgusting-food” publicity stunts are getting stale. It’s not good when a site like Consumerist, which is supposed to be an advocate for the consumer, ends ups shilling for fast food restaurants looking for a little free publicity.

• jenjenjen says:

Totally agree. For a good example of consumer-helpful food stories, look at the folks behind Eat This, Not That. Help us find out the “secret” (or at least, less obvious) calorie and fat bombs lurking in the actual consumer marketplace. I am never going to encounter something like this at my local burger joint and get fooled into ordering it. Whereas I was really surprised by the numbers in Chipotle’s (fabulous) burritos.

9. Happy Tinfoil Cat says:

Just order a extra-large pizza and pig out. More fat, salt and calories.

AND it would taste a heck of a lot better.

10. MaxH42 thinks RecordStoreToughGuy got a raw deal says:

This is not nearly as interesting as most of the posts on This Is Why You’re Fat/

11. amuro98 says:

If they’re simply going to throw random food together, they might as well put it through a blender (or at least chop everything up) and press the resulting mash into large tureen for easier eating. Then batter & fry it for ease of use, and the extra calories, of course.

12. AllanG54 says:

I don’t think this is big enough for Adam Richman on Man vs. Food but I sure wouldn’t mind trying it. And for all the people on here that say it’s too much, well, I guess I won’t be seeing you at the all I can eat Chinese buffet either.

13. gman863 says:

When are they going to make their recipies more enticing by marinating them in caffeine-laced booze?