TBS Makes Conan Episodes Available For Free Online

For the Conan fans out there who don’t feel like ponying up for basic cable, TBS has decided to post every episode of his new show online the day after it airs.

While Conan’s old network NBC makes both Jay Leno’s and Jimmy Fallon’s late night chatter fests available online, TBS had not been doing the same for its Lopez Tonight talk show, which moved to midnight to make room for Conan’s new show.

But with much time and money invested in promoting Conan, the network is making sure it’s seen by as many people as possible (though only U.S. web users will have access to full episodes).

From a statement on TeamCoco.com:

Clips of our show WILL be available to everyone on Earth! Provided you have a computer and an internet connection, of course. Ha ha. We ain’t gonna be transcribing our show and dropping leaflets into the jungles of South America, after all.

TBS has already posted last night’s premiere episode — which featured the masturbating bearhere.

Full “Conan” episodes to be available online [Reuters]

Comments

1. There's room to move as a fry cook says:

Last night was the first time I ever watched Conan O’Brien. Really? People like this? Craig Ferguson has a smarter sidekick.

2. Macgyver says:

Conan sucks, he isn’t even funny.

3. RickinStHelen says:

Blah, Blah, Blah, Stewart, blah blah, Colbert, blah, blah, Apple, blah, blah, I make my late night entertainement at home.

4. IT-Princess: I work in IT, you owe me $1 says:

It doesn’t surprise me they hadn’t been doing this for Lopez Tonight.

5. Buddha says:

Love Conan, love TBS!

6. pecan 3.14159265 says:

I watched a few minutes before I just let the DVR take over and it was great stuff. I like Conan O’Brien. He and Ferguson are my favorite of the network late night hosts.

Btw, the numbers are in and Conan drew 4 million viewers. That’s more than Leno and Letterman.

7. LatherRinseRepeat says:

Awesome!

8. Beeker26 says:

So you mean TBS has finally entered the 21st century?

9. ElizabethD says:

Only here for the Jack White love.

10. perfectly_cromulent says:

love Conan! This is awesome.

11. chiieddy says:

The most amazing part is how it’s not going to be locked down by country. You’ll be able to watch it ANYWHERE in the world if I’m reading this right. That’s very unusual.

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

Sort of. You’ll be able to watch clips from anywhere in the world as long as you have an internet connection, but you’ll only be able to watch full episodes from the US.

12. dolemite says:

I watched last night…I kind of expected a more “spectacular” first episode, but I did laugh a lot. I just wish they’d focus on less interviews and more on skits like they did when he had his first show.

• Groanan says:

Especially when the guest is completely unentertaining (whoever she is from Glee, at least Seth Rogen tried to get some laughs).

They should get the Hamburger Pimp to come on.

13. TVGenius says:

I doubt I’ll ever see an episode other than online. Midnight is way too late, seeing as how the other late night shows are on at 10:35p here.

• zegota says:

Weird, really? Where are you at? I’m in the Central timezone, and Conan’s show is actually on earlier than Leno/Letterman (10:00 compared to 10:35).

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

Yeah, where are you? Cause it’s on at 11 EST.

14. Marlin says:

OK which is it???

” (though only U.S. web users will have access to full episodes).”

OR

“Clips of our show WILL be available to everyone on Earth! “

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

What part do you not get? The US gets entire episodes and the rest of the world can watch segments. US – full show. Rest of Earth – partial show.

15. ElleAnn says:

Yippie!

16. davidsco says:

So now you can be bored and not laugh on your PC, too

17. IssaGoodDay says:

I just wish every network and every show would get on board with this. I’m often working when shows are on live, and would happily sit through any number of commercials to watch them on-demand (i.e. Hulu). 8 day delays, and even 30 day delays (SGU!? wtf mate…) are stupid on the networks parts, because they certainly won’t be getting my ad revenue then.

18. twitterme28 says:

Regardless of your personal thoughts on Conan, this is a smart move, TBS. I approve.

Good for you for actually changing with society and realizing that you’ll get more advertising this way, rather than people “illegally” downloading it with the commercials removed. /

19. gman863 says:

I recently read that The Daily Show is currently tops in late night ratings; beating Leno,
    Letterman and Kimmel. Adding Conan to the mix will definitely hurt the broadcast networks even more.

Ironic: Within a few months, Comcast will likely be losing more on the purchase of NBC (Leno) than it makes from subscribers watching Stewart or O’Brien

20. RavenWarrior says:

So happy that Conan’s back. The only issue now is how to fill the 37 minutes between him and Craig Ferguson. The two funniest men in late night, bar none.

21. GTB says:

His new show is freaking awesome.