Bacon, Hot Dogs, French Fries, Cheese, Gravy, French Toast And Maple Syrup Combine In 'Angry French Canadian'

A couple days ago, we asked you to describe the best sandwich ever, but little did we know that the same guys behind the world’s worst pizza had already been working on something they call the Angry French Canadian.

The sandwich starts with a base of egg-soaked baguette French toast. Then there’s some bacon and several street vendor hot dogs — buns included. Of course it wouldn’t be French Canadian without poutine: French fries slathered in gravy and melted cheese. Oh, and don’t forget the maple syrup.

Syrup-soaked poutine sandwich French for heart attack [Vancouver Sun]

Comments

1. Froggmann says:

Oh hell yes!

2. Torgonius wants an edit button says:

Stopping at the store on my way home to pick up the ingredients.

3. travel_nut says:

Is it just a free-for-all contest to see who can put the greatest number of random ingredients into one food item?

I guess I’ll submit a triple-decker pizza that includes 2 pounds of cheese, sausage, pepperoni, ham, anchovies, hot dogs, bacon, fried chicken, meatballs, turkey, olives, and french fries, dotted with chunks of Big Macs and drizzled with pure bacon fat.

4. stevenpdx says:

What? No poutine?

• DerangedHermit says:

French fries, cheese and gravy aren’t poutine?

• SecretShopper: pours out a lil' liquor for the homies Wasp & Otter says:

please rta or wtv

btw as previously stated, the whole random foods piled on top of each other sandwich thing needs to stop

5. davidc says:

Yuck …

Sorry, maple syrup on the *outside* of the bread is pretty tacky (yes, pun intended).

The whole french fry / gravy / cheese thing looked disgusting, although had they made it fresh that might have been different.

Definitely not enough bacon or hot dogs for my taste … and the white bread of the hot dog? as if you could taste it with all the other stuff going on.

Oh yea … the hotdogs needed to be deep fried … better yet, wrap the bacon around the dogs before you deep fry them … now were are talking!

• RTWinter says:

Poutine is awesome, my friend. It may look awful and it may be awful for you but its taste is amazing. Its a guilty pleasure for many of us Canucks. I highly suggest you try it.

6. Ephraim says:

Excuse me… poutine used cheese curds, not cheese. Generally cheddar or gouda cheese curds. Very important… they don’t melt like cheese does.

• Slave For Turtles says:

Where does one buy tasty, squeaky cheese curds? The last time I bought any it was a monumental letdown. It was just cheese, orange at that but blobby. I feel like that grocery store in Wisconsin lied to me.

• GoodBytes says:

They did.. you have to come to Quebec to find the real stuff.

• cash_da_pibble says:

*sobs uncontrollably*
          I have to go to QUEBEC?!

• SimplyStating says:

Sob away.. Having to go to Quebec for anything is hideous.. Especially if you do not speak French. They seem to think they are in France but in reality they are in oh let’s see CANADA.. sheesh

• Doncosmic says:

No you don’t, you just have to buy them not from a grocery store, they stop squeaking if they aren’t fresh. There is a street vendor in DC that buys fresh cheese curds everyday.

• Kitamura says:

I heard the birthplace of poutine actually uses tomato sauce in their gravy if you go there.

• Kryndar says:

As a kid my sister and I got potine from somewhere, don’t recall where, and FYI we were living in Ottawa, I still do, and we were just gobbling it down. But then our mother commented on how you could tell they were good cheese curds because they were squeeking, she was not even eating any. And so, each of us about halfway through our poutine just stopped eating it too creeped out by the sound to finish. It was like mentioning to kids that the pate they are eating is made from liver, something she also did. I really wish I remembered where we got it from so I could have some poutine with real cheese curds again. If anyone knows a place in Ottawa that does poutine with real cheese curds, instead of just square chunks of cheese, I’d appreciate the info.

• sparrowmint says:

Last time I was there, Smoke’s Poutinerie on Dalhousie did. Good gravy too. Though not intending at all to be cliche, I would take an hour or so long drive to the south east to St. Albert, Ontario and buy some curd from the cheese factory there. Best curd in the world. Makes the best homemade poutine you could ever have, assuming you own a deep fryer.

• sparrowmint says:

Actually, looks like the cheese factory has a store in Orleans as well, so you might try there.

• Kryndar says:

Thanks for the info, I have to admit I bus down Rideau all the time and never noticed that place. And while I don’t own a deep fryer I do work at a place that makes their own fresh cut fries so I suppose I could make some for lunch some day.

7. Slave For Turtles says:

Leave out the French fries (but keep the cheese and gravy) and ditch the hot dog. Oh yeah, I’d try it!

8. HogwartsProfessor says:

I wouldn’t touch this with a hundred-foot-pole, but I LOVE the name.

9. Nighthawke says:

Oh my God I can feel my arteries hardening just from looking at that picture.

Where can I get one???

10. Yoko Broke Up The Beatles says:

You call THAT an angry French Canadian? Jacques Parizeau laughs at such a silly notion.

11. There's room to move as a fry cook says:

Not available in restaurants?
    So… this is just an article about a couple of losers making something from stuff they found in their Mom’s kitchen?
    I will boycott their Mom’s kitchen.

12. edcrowle says:

I don’t think this sandwich can take the moniker greasiest sandwich ever until it’s met the piece de resistance from the amazingly apt named ‘Fat Sandwich Company’ which has locations in Champaign, IL, Norman, OK, and Madison, WI (big college towns).

I present to you, the big ugly: 2 Rolls, 4 Cheeseburgers, Double Cheesesteak, Chicken Cheesesteak, Gyro Meat, Grilled Chicken, Bacon, Sausage, Mozzarella Sticks, Chicken Fingers, Chicken Nuggets, Mac N Cheese Bites, Fried Mushrooms, Jalapeno Poppers, Pizza Bites, Onion Rings, Hashbrowns, Mini Corndogs, American Cheese, Mayo, Ketchup

Purely disgusting, I know — I can’t even walk into this joint fearful of what I may see within. You can check out their other monstrosities for yourself.

13. Portlandia says:

I’m not sure about any angry French-Canadians but I know my stomach would be ANGRY if I ate that!

14. BBG says:

I guess it’s just a matter of time before some restaurant actually starts selling this. It actually could be tasty.

15. DashTheHand says:

Lose the buns on the hot dogs, add more meat – my suggestion is a layer of Canadian bacon, also maybe a layer of sausage patties. Then give us some Cheez Whiz for dipping.

It’s like he fell short of a goal.

16. Death to Frying Things says:

We’re at the point now where you can make a game of this. Outlandish food or sex act?

Angry French Canadian, Dirty Sanchez, Double Down, Donkey Punch, The Old 96′er. Cleveland Steamer….

I wasted about an hour just hopping around urbandictionary.com. I did not know that double down fits both categories. The More You Know!

17. ChuckECheese says:

C’est comme si ils ne savent pas la différence entre une poubelle et un pot-pourri.

18. MTFaye says:

I never really understood these things. So, you combined a bunch of food thats bad for you into some disgusting greasy monstrosity? Is it supposed to be funny? Impressive? Sad? Gross? What? I don’t get it.

19. Grrrrrrr, now with two buns made of bacon. says:

Mmmmm…..looks delicious!

20. Scuba Steve says:

One hell of a breakfast.

21. HollzStars says:

As a French Canadian….This is disgusting.

22. pinkbunnyslippers says:

OMG is it wrong that I want this RIGHTNOW?!

23. Red Cat Linux says:

I’m sorry, but I read this description and my mouth started to water.

You know… the same way it does right before your stomach marks everything ‘return to sender’… :P

24. skapig says:

I’ve tried a sandwich very close to this and it was amazing.