Law Firm Opens Drive-Thru Window

Instead of bricking over the drive-thru window when they set up shop inside a former Kenny Rogers Roasters, one law firm decided to keep it and offer its clients drive thru service.

“We have drive-thrus for ATMs and we have that customer convenience. Why not a law firm?” attorney Nick Kocian asked when interviewed by NBC.

A paralegal mans the window. Clients can drop off and sign forms and pick up checks without having to leave their car. They still have to come inside for legal advice and consultations. For now.

View more news videos at: http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/video.

Comments

1. nbs2 says:

That’s actually a pretty good idea. It makes things a lot more convenient for clients, and lets them take care of small things without making them a full scale production (can you tell I have kids?).

My only fear is the reception from the market may not be the most positive.

2. Danielle74 says:

I used to live in a city where they had a drive though window to pay parking tickets. The building had been an Arby’s at one time.

It was awesome, especially since they were pretty strict about parking violations.

3. golddog says:

That’s not gonna be good for anyone…

• DH405 says:

What? It’s a bad thing to get your business done faster? It’s not like this is where they dispense legal advice. It’s just for signing stuff, doc pick-up/drop-off, and things like that. Please, tell me how this is so terrible.

• brinks says:

It’s a quote from the Seinfeld episode about Kenny Rogers Roasters (my absolute favorite episode, BTW).

Mr. Marbles?

• golddog says:

Thanks Brinks…I was beginning to think I was the only white poet warlord in the neighborhood…DH is clearly an assassin/errand girl sent by grocery clerks to collect a bill :-)

While not contributing appreciably to the comments section of the story, I always appreciate a good callback. Now I’m off to retire in my Aristotle Goose Down Tunic…I’ve got a big meeting with the Citibank people in the morning.

4. jdmba says:

Everything they say is handled at the window can be handled by the receptionist at the front desk. Just a gimmick.

• RandomHookup says:

Perhaps, but if you live in a place where parking is a nightmare…

• Chmeeee says:

Parking’s not a nightmare in Manchester. This is actually in the same parking lot as a Bank of America in front of a strip mall. I can see the drive through being handy for pickup/drop off purposes though.

5. sweetgreenthing says:

I wish my lawyer’s office had drive-thru. I’m pregnant and have a preschooler- anything that makes it possible not to get a little kid in and out of a car AND not having to take said preschooler into a boring law office is gold in my book.

• INsano says:

How about drive-through OBGYN?

Next! You, in the minivan, pull forward!’

I bet if the poor of this country ever get health care it will be of the McDonald’s variety.

6. sopmodm14 says:

most places with drive thru’s are either crappy in service or product

would you want either regarding legal counsel ?

it speaks for the firm’s competency

• Firethorn says:

They moved into a building that had previously been a coffee shop and left the drive-through window in place.

Probably has the paralegal doing both secretary and ‘drive-through’ duties.

It’s something of a gimmic cheaply enabled by a quirk of the building.

7. CookiePuss says:

McLawyers

Uncontested Divorce now on the 99 dollar menu. Or supersize to the divorce/alimony combo for a limited time.

8. Scuba Steve says:

They should do this with Insurance places. Getting a quote, come inside, paying your bill, use the drive through.

@sopmodm14
    Banks have Drive-Thrus. As far as I know, they don’t have “shoddy” service or products.

• catastrophegirl chooses not to fly says:

now, now, i know you’ve been reading consumerist long enough to have seen plenty of articles on shiddy bank service. hehe

9. dreamfish says:

All that can be said about this is: only in America.

10. drjayphd says:

Huh… a restaurant failed in Manchester? Wouldn’t have guessed that would happen. At least there’s plenty of former restaurant buildings just waiting for tenants there.

Although as far as Kenny Rogers conversions go, I’m glad they didn’t try this with the former Meriden location… which is now an orthodontist’s office.

11. theycallmeGinger says:

Kenny? Kenny?!

12. Hoss says:

Nice way to utilized the existing space and get free advertising while avoiding the ethical restrictions on lawyer ads. No doubt they asked that lady to drive around and put on a show for the camera though

13. erratapage says:

This reminds me of Lucy’s advice stand from Peanuts.

14. tooluser says:

They would make a lot more money if it was a drive-thru liquor store.

15. thebt1 says:

this is definitely a gimmick, but a convenient one. It makes sense that law firms are innovating and doing what they can to make themselves more accessible.

16. Duckula22 says:

I would like a divorce… mmm… with fries. Thanks.