Sure, here in these United States we’ve got a White Castle that will serve you noodles and a Burger King that makes a Whopper bigger than your head, but the grass is always greener — and the food always more interesting — on the other side of the fence, right?
Over at Buzzfeed, they’ve rounded up 14 delectable dishes only available at fast food restaurants in other countries. (Well, it’s actually 13 because you can get the McLobster Roll in some parts of the U.S.)
Among the highlights:
* The Nacho Whopper (pictured above) from Burger King in The Netherlands. It’s a Whopper… with nacho chips, jalapenos and “Mexican sauce.”
* Cheese Catsu Burger from McDonald’s in Japan. It’s not just a fried pork cutlet on a bun; it’s also filled with cheese.
* Cordon Bleu Burger from McDonald’s in Poland. Take a fried, ham-stuffed chicken patty, slap it on top of a cheeseburger and crown the whole thing with bacon.
* The McArabia from McDonald’s in Morocco. “Two grilled Kofta patties, tahini sauce, lettuce, tomatoes and onions. Wrapped in Arabic bread.”
* The Golden Fortune from Pizza Hut in Japan. It’s sort of a pizza thing, with shrimp, crab stick, fish, pineapple, lime on top.
Check out the whole list with pictures at Buzzfeed.com.