Recall Issued For Lobster Poo Because It Might Be Peanuty

Why anyone would buy candy called “Lobster Poo” is beyond our understanding. But we do know why the novelty food product is being recalled — there might be peanuts in that poo.

Suzipoo, the Maine company behind Lobster Poo (and Seagull Poo, Moose Poo, Black Bear Poo and Birthday Party Poo), has issued a recall of Suzipoo Lobster Poo, 4 oz bags, “because it may contain undeclared peanuts.”

The product is in a small plastic bag with a red bow on the bag and the label on the front reads. “Lobster Poo” – Slogan – I went to Maine and here’s the scoop I came back home with Lobster Poop.

The mislabeled poo was sold at three stores in Maine between 8/1/10 and 8/18/10. Labels for product still on sale have been updated but if you are one of the few that still have some uneaten Lobster Poo sitting around, by all means, return it to the place of purchase for a refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 1-207-251-0523.

Suzipoo Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Allergen in Lobster Poo [FDA.gov]

Comments

1. jshier says:

Nuttier than lobster poo?

2. Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

Chris, I think the fact that you made absolutely no jokes in this post actually made the post that much funnier.

3. JRock says:

If there’s anything worse than poo, it’s nutty poo.

4. Yentaleh says:

To quote Austin Powers……..

“It is sh*t Austin!”
    “It’s a bit nutty…….”

Coffee,, Lobster poop………Its all the same to me!

5. Marlin says:

Why return for a refund. Seems the unsold stuff just got a new sticker that says MAY contain nuts.

Just return and get a new sticker. Or how about if you are not anti-nuts just eat it.

• Coelacanth says:

The legal disclaimer, “MAY contain nuts,” has been diluted so much to where it’s nearly impossible to find many dessert/snacks that won’t just slap it on there to cover themselves in case of some nutty lawsuit.

Tell people whether there ARE or ARE NOT nuts in the product. For many, it’s like putting a disclaimer which reads “may contain arsenic” – and honestly, only about 0.001% or somesuch win the poison lottery.

If something typically contains nuts, “may contain nuts” is not sufficient.

6. RxDude says:

But does it contain corn?

7. Dover says:

Or, you know, eat it if you’re not allergic to peanuts.

8. c!tizen says:

too easy, I’ll pass…

9. haggis for the soul says:

The phrase “undeclared peanuts” is inexplicably hilarious to me.

10. Happy Tinfoil Cat says:

“May contain nuts” makes me wonder if the method for collecting the lobster poo is humane.

11. OnePumpChump says:

Of those, only moose poo actually resembles candy.

• gc3160thtuk says you got your humor in my sarcasm and you say you got your sarcasm in my humor says:

does actual moose poo resemble candy? I’m betting not and I think they should recall it for not being true to what they are trying to portray. Fraud I tell you LOL. You know I really hate those pooping reindeer candy toys sold at Christmas, or any pooping candy toys sold at any holiday. I am juvenile, not very mature and I still don’t think candy resembling poop is humorous and I would be pissed if someone gave this to me as a gift.

12. RancidPolecat2 says:

So, that’s where the expression “picking peanuts out of poop” comes from.