Colleges are making bucket-loads of cash selling their alumni mailing lists to credit card companies. In some cases, they’re even getting a cut on every credit-card purchase or debit-card transaction a student makes.
Colleges Reap Big Bucks Selling Student Addresses To Credit Card Companies
By Ben Popken September 24, 2010
More From Consumerist
- Colleges Warned About Making Secret Deals With Credit Card Companies
- Dept. Of Education Proposes Rules To Govern College Prepaid Credit & Debit Cards
- Colleges May Be Violating CARD Act By Not Providing Copies Of Credit Card Agreements
- Student IDs That Double As Debit Cards Carry Significant Overdraft Fees
- Discover Card Program Rewards Students Who Get Good Grades. Is That Legal?