This week Dynamics is showing off a new credit card that can rewrite its own magnetic strip on the fly. So you get a card that you have to punch in a code before it can be swiped or before you can read the credit card numbers. After a few minutes, the information erases and it returns to being an inert piece of plastic. Or, for the convenience factor, a card can have multiple credit cards on it. Just push the button of the card you want to use. The future is here and its in your wallet.
The Credit Card That Rewrites Itself
By Ben Popken September 20, 2010
More From Consumerist
- 3 Reasons You Might Want To Dump Your Credit Card
- Amazon Adds 5% Cash Back For Prime Members To Store Credit Card
- Walmart Offers Gift Card Trade-In Program If You Don’t Mind Getting Less Than The Card Is Worth
- Store-Branded Credit Cards Charge Upwards Of 29% Interest
- My Credit Card Interest Rate Is Going Up. What Are My Options?