Burger King Crowns The Pizza Burger

If you’re hungry, live in New York and can’t decide whether you want a pizza or hamburger, the Burger King Pizza Burger may be for you.

Served in a pizza box, the burger boasts a nearly 10-inch bun and layers pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, marinara sauce and Tuscan pesto sauce over a burger patty. Judging from the size and $13 price, Eater says the Pizza Burger is meant to be shared.

Have you tried this thing? Would you?

Behold the BK Whopper Bar Featuring the NY Pizza Burger [Eater via Gawker]

Comments

1. Hands says:

I don’t think I’ll ever be hungry enough to set foot inside a Burger King.

2. NashuaConsumerist says:

If I were attacking it with 3 friends, yea, I’d try it. When it comes to food the odder it is the more likely I will want to try it, at least once…..

3. rpm773 says:

Would you?

No. That’s like the crap “pizza” my old man used to make when I was kid. Bisquick crust, pasta sauce, and hamburger with mozzarella cheese. Then he wised up and learned how to make a real pizza.

• zandar says:

as long as you think of that as something other than pizza, that thing you’re describing can be very tasty. protip: melt some butter in the cookie sheet before spreading the dough. Om nom nom nom.

4. Shtetl G says:

A pizza burger with marinara and mozzarella cheese is a staple of the New Jersey Diner scene. When my friend moved to Cali he was always bummed that he couldn’t get one. This is not an extreme idea to locals but I would stick with a burger at a good diner any day of the week over burger king.

5. Mxx says:

OMG! i’m so going there today for lunch!(with my coworker, i handle it alone)

6. Cyniconvention says:

BK Whopper Bar…haha, I have got to go to New York one day. If they have that, they have anything.

Anyway, no. I wouldn’t try it. With anyone. Seems like a lot of goop to make a mess.

7. Bluth_Cornballer says:

I imagine it has to be at least as good as BK’s ribs… so the answer is no.

8. Conformist138 says:

The burger is 10″ with a complete set of pizza toppings… Take a subway Spicy Italian (with a few bites missing) and spin it in a circle. Imagine that entire area is now your sandwich. Then give it a beef patty.

did it take Eater long to figure out that this wasn’t supposed to be a one-man show?

9. SubDude says:

Please tell me you meant to say 10″ in diameter. 10″ in circumference is just over 3″ in diameter which is not big at all.

10. Conformist138 says:

Well… that article pretty much called it a pile of crap. So, there’s that.

11. lehrdude says:

Speaking as someone who has actually tried their “Chicken Parmesan Sandwich”, I’d say NO WAY!

The sauce is more like chunky ketchup, and I don’t know if they are legally allowed to call that stuff on top cheese!

12. Promethean Sky says:

Thank you God. My prayers have been answered.

13. GuyGuidoEyesSteveDaveâ„¢ says:

No mention that the pesto sauce is actually a pesto mayonnaise?

14. UnicornMaster says:

Does anyone really want that much bun? Sir Mix A Lot?

15. ThunderRoad says:

Too much bun.

16. ss60 says:

10 inches in circumference????

a cd is 12 inches in circumference, so this is a whopper junior in a pizza box or did someone not understand the difference between circumference and diameter?

17. CaptCynic says:

I’m still in denial that Burger King made the top 5 best fast food burgers. Is this Bizarro world or what?

18. wojonet says:

Sorry world, this is the pizza burger (that is, pizza burger patties, not this particular brand):

19. Grogey says:

Um could this be explained as New York City please…. New York is more than just one city.

“Oh you live in new york, have you tried the Burger King Pizza Burger?”
    “No, and I am not driving 5+ hours down there to do such”

You can figure out the rest from there.

20. GMFish says:

Eater says the Pizza Burger is meant to be shared.

Yeah right. Someone would have to share it from my dead, cold hands.

Too bad I’m on a low carb diet. And live 800 miles from New York.

21. catastrophegirl chooses not to fly says:

so it’s like flat, flame broiled meatballs on soggy bread with more soggy bread on top instead of yummy pizza crust that doesn’t soak up the sauce as well as a bun to prevent sogginess.
    if i want hamburger and pizza together, i could… just put hamburger on my pizza, right?

22. gargunkle says:

I would probably get this if it wasn’t just the one location. (I’d want to share it with others.

23. SugarMag says:

Do they have pizza subs (sans burgers) everywhere? They can be pretty tasty.

24. zandar says:

man, i am so disappointed. when i was a kid, i could get this burger at some local joint that consisted of a patty, marinara, a melted slice of mozzarella, and a sprinkle of oregano dust. My god, my 11 year old self LOVED those things. On the ‘nets today i hear talk of a burger king “pizzaburger” only to discover it’s THIS godawful monstrosity. fucking hell.

25. ospreyguy says:

i came up with this idea in 2001. Called it the Chebizza but it was more like a large delivery burger that you share like a pizza…