Pillow Fight Breaks Out On Airplane

A pillow fight broke out among tourists sitting in economy on a Lufthansa airplane this summer, and even the flight attendant got in on the action, laughing and tossing out more fluffy ammunition. In the end everyone claps and laughs. Aw!

Who says the skies have gotten so unfriendly? A welcome antidote to the Steven Slater JetBlue brouhaha.

Comments

1. Taliskan says:

I have to admit, this made me smile. Thanks, Ben :)

2. deejmer says:

TERRORISTS!

It would be amazing to see how this would be handled in the US. I shutter thinking of it….

• deejmer says:

oops….shudder.

• benbell says:

What is funny is when I watched that, in my head I thought:

“TERRORISTS, ALL OF THEM!”

• Rachacha says:

“It would be amazing to see how this would be handled in the US”

Well, first the flight attendents would need to charge each of the passengers who requested a pillow $3.00, and then each passenger who touched a pillow would be assessed a “pillow handling fee” of $1.00. Thankfully cash or major credit cards are both accepted, and exact change is always appreciated.

This pillow fight gives me an idea though…next flight I am on with my kids I am going to make a fort out of airline blankets between the back of my seat and the seat in front of me It will keep them entertained for hours!

• AustinTXProgrammer says:

ON the thread of the terrorist accusations you think of a fort? Given the number of idiots whom have tried to do things on a plane I am not sure anything that completely obstructs visibility will go over well. And in fact, despite my hatred of the security theater, being in site of other passengers and the crew is probably a reasonably effective non intrusive type of security (underwear bombers and shoe bombers both thwarted this way).

• Rachacha says:

And I don’t think that ANYONE posting on this tread was actually taking the terrorist claim seriously (except for you).

• David in Brasil says:

Posters below forgot to factor in that someone would sue someone else for assault. No, really.

• Pinget says:

They would all be charged with terroristic pillow throwing and given a free ticket to Gitmo.

• sagodjur says:

Yeah, where is the air marshal to tase all these people?

• Fantoche_de_Chaussette says:

Americans envying the Germans for their freedom?

WTF happened to our country?

• Difdi says:

If it happened in the air, the plane would have been escorted by F-16s, and possibly shot down.

3. c!tizen says:

I’ve always said pillow fights should be standard on airplanes.

4. alSeen says:

She deserves more attention than the idiot that inconvenienced the entire plane-full of people by popping the emergency slide.

5. El_Red says:

Lufthansa is not USA’s airline. (I flew and had excellent service, as well as with LOT, Austrian Airlines, etc)

In USA, airlines forgot what it is being human.

6. amendmentforone says:

Definitely a fun way to relieve the stress of being stuck on the tarmac. Pass out a few free drinks, and I’m sure most would forget they’re trapped there for an hour or two!

7. osiris73 says:

If this were in the US she’d be fired for this… and that makes me sad.

8. pantheonoutcast says:

What a great viral video. Is the part of the flight attendant being played by “Jenny”?

9. diasdiem says:

In the US, everyone would get arrested by Homeland Security.

10. Nighthawke says:

0:36 that one gent get’s sacked no fewer than three times, and a few more earlier in the tape. What did he do to get all those pillows upside the head I wonder…

11. quasijo says:

Ah, Lufthansa! How I wish I could fly you domestically in the US. You’re a little more expensive, but such a pleasure for trans-Atlantic flights. You stay classy.

12. TBGBoodler says:

Guaranteed to make you smile!

13. Bob LeDrew says:

Owwww, my eye! Oooooh, I’m suing! Ooooh!

14. MustWarnOthers says:

I’d be the malicious douche hunting for a pillow with a zipper on the end and then headhunting everyone around me like Conan.

15. Reading Rainbow says:

and thanks to this video she was canned the next day

16. Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

The Germans sure know how to run a party…. and a war.

17. Fjord says:

This was also helped by the free beer they distribute on board.

18. golddog says:

The certainly hope the pilot landed at the closest airport and had all the passengers removed for threatening the safety of the plane, and most importantly, the safety of his professional reputation.

19. Preyfar says:

This may just be one of the greatest things to happen. Ever.

20. jurupa says:

If this happen in the US someone may had sue the airline for some ridiculous reason.

21. Trevor says:

Just shows you that when YOU enjoy your job, OTHERS enjoy what you do.

22. DanGarion says:

Is this happened in the US someone would be bring up a lawsuit and suing everyone involved by now… :(

23. NumberSix says:

Wheeee!

24. Willnet says:

This was just good olde fashioned fun.

25. flarn2006 says:

Sounds more like Southwest.

26. The Marionette says:

Now had someone yelled “BOMB!” while throwing it they would be in prison by now.

27. Blious says:

If I was on a plane and someone hit me with a pillow, I would deck them with my fist

28. nutbastard says:

It is so fucking sad how all us Americans look at this and say, “Awesome! Good for them! Too bad it couldn’t happen here because pillow fights are not allowed and someone would sue and people would get fired and arrested and 9-11 is seriously serious so don’t even think about having fun or interacting with strangers in a positive way. Eyes down, make sure your elbows don’t touch, and always remember to look confused and offended if anyone talks to you casually. Continue your self imposed isolation and pick a side and blame the other side for all that’s wrong in this country, being careful not to think about any of it too much, just use your feelings, and when you get off work from your second job be sure to drive straight home and get a ticket for going 5mph over the speed limit so you can soak in all the disasters and atrocities of the world piped straight to your TV that Chinese people died to build because you only have 3 hours before you have to go to bed and why would you want to waste that time doing something constructive when you have so many depressing things that you are powerless to do anything about that you need to see in HD technicolor just a button click away?

29. TasteyCat says:

They’re going to Frankfurt Airport. They’ll be miserable soon enough.

30. yankinwaoz says:

Can you imagine having a food fight on a plane! That would be awesome.

31. failurate says:

Was this followed shortly after by a game of spin the bottle?

32. Mackinstyle1 says:

Isn’t it great when a culture isn’t so tensely wound up and people can have spontaneous fun like that?