Sprint Totally Has The Hots For Me

Relationships get awkward when one party drops the “L” word too quickly. Such is the situation in which Jeremy found himself when he dug through his Sprint contract.

He writes:

Looking for ways to avoid my contract on Sprint’s website, I came across the creepy phrase:

Your agreement with us will be completed on 2010-xx-xx
We love you, and to say thanks for spending time with us.

They LOVE me? Wishing me a nice day isn’t enough? Or is this a religious thing?

Jeremy also pointed out that Sprint has proven to be polyamorous.

Does your cell phone provider feel the same way about you?

Comments

1. ap0 says:

I have AT&T. I don’t think they’re capable of amore.

2. slim150 says:

i will love sprint back if they ever allow new phones on SERO

• frank64 says:

I have SERO and love it, my phone is 3-4 years old and going strong. If not for SERO I would be on a pay as you go plan, and that is where I will probably go when this phone dies. Right now I love that I am not on a contract and would like to keep it that way. Ironically the reason I have been with them this long is the lack of contract, which I highly value. I am glad I now have good options to avoid them.

• y2julio says:

They do but the “newest” phone you can get for a SERO plan is the HTC Touch Pro 2. Any new Windows Mobile phone or Android phone will require you to drop SERO. :(

• qwickone says:

Per multiple rumors (so take it with a grain of salt) Android phones will be available to SERO customers on 1 Oct. Add $10 for their newest phones and another $10 if it’s 4G.

3. dragonfire81 says:

Avoid your contract huh? That thing been gunning for you lately?

• dolemite says:

“They put a contract out on me…I’m lucky to be alive. I opened my morning paper and on page B-6…it was there. Leapt out at me and gave me a wicked paper cut on my ear. If I’d been any slower, that would have been my jugular.”

4. perruptor says:

It’s so they never have to say they’re sorry.

5. pantheonoutcast says:

I have Verizon. The provide great service at low rates and leave quietly in the morning without any awkward conversations.

• Hil-fish says:

This made my morning. Thank you.

• Brian Cooks says:

You had me until low rates then I lold till i fell out of my chair. VZW has the highest rates in the business.

• RobSmalls says:

Be vigilant. I found VZW’s toothbrush in my bathroom this morning.

• MountainCop says:

And they provide a ‘new in 2′ service.. so every two years you get some strange…

• Brian Cooks says:

Verizon actually has weird upgrades. Your main line CAN be elligible for an upgrade after 10 months. If you wait 20 months you qualify for NE2 (new every 2) which is a 100$ credit but only on your main line. I think secondary lines don’t qualify for the 10 month upgrade and only get $50 ne2 if anything.

• MountainCop says:

Actually, all three of my lines are elgibile for the new in 2. I just upgraded my secondary line on my account to a Droid X with the 100 bucks off. The main line comes up at the end of the year, and they assured me that it’s the full 100.

• Brian Cooks says:

maybe the amount depends on if you’re using smart phones or feature phones (dumb phones) or maybe they didn’t go to that pricing. Maybe I’m just crazy!. I do know that my iphone with 450 minutes, unlimited texting and pro data PLUS my ipad with unlimited data costs me the same that my droid with 450 minutes, unlimited texting, and unlimited data did. In the interest of fairness my company gives me a 13% premier discount with at&t but vzw is still expensive.

• MountainCop says:

We have two smart phones – an LG something for the spouse, and I have the Samsung Omnia (to be replaced by the Droid X today). The third phone is a Moto Krazr – my secret phone. I get a 13% discount on the monthly bill (State of CO discount) and 25% off all acccessories fromk Verizon. We have unlimited text and data on the smartphones (not on the Krazr cause I don’t need it), I have tethering on the Droid X (2GB max – don’t use it all up either) for $20 a month, 750 shared voice minutes (free minutes between phones) that I never use up, and all this for about $190 a month. FYI, I have an extra $10 tacked on for GETS/WPS (first responder stuff) each month, and the test call every month or so is 75 cents a minute. And our taxes here in Colorado are a bit on the outrageous side. But probably better than the East Coast areas.

6. Mike says:

This article made me SO mad. Sprint told me I was the only one. Those two-timing bastards.

7. Rachacha says:

In my younger days, I might have gone with prepaid, no commitments, no strings, and only occasionally having to sneak out in the morning without waking my phone to avoid that awkward conversation.

I am now in a long term relationship with ATT, and to leave now would be just too expensive and hard on the children. Sure, ATT may occasionally fail to perform, and I am often left unsatisfied, but they will always be there for me.

8. Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

Next time I call in with a problem and they won’t reverse charges, etc., I’ll start sobbing and say

“But…. you told me you loved me!!”

9. mopar_man says:

I can’t love Spring and they can’t love me back. I don’t have them in my area. I’d like to though. They’re cheaper than Verizon and AT&T. I never get anything like that from Verizon. They just demand money. It’s like being divorced with a child support payment.

10. lanigan911 says:

Slw nws mrnng, hh?

11. cardigan says:

Welcome to Costco, I love you.

12. Southern says:

The grammar isn’t even correct, which is weir enough, but they haven’t corrected it since at LEAST May?

• psm321 says:

If you read the linked versions, it looks like this one is just a partial quote. They go on to offer $$$ “to say thanks for spending time with us”

13. c!tizen says:

Ok, now that you know they love you, you have to treat them like crap. Act like you’re not interested, it’s the only way to get them to stay.

14. pecan 3.14159265 says:

So is Jeremy Romeo and Dan Hesse Juliet? Cause any dealings with a cell phone company inevitably ends in tragedy and sorrow.

15. smo0 says:

No… I called T-Mobile last night to change my plan… and get a new phone – they no longer bill you for the phone you either have to do payment installments or pay it outright…

• psm321 says:

Not sure what the context was supposed to be here, but T-Mobile does still offer contract plans with a phone subsidy (but a higher monthly rate)

16. ColHapablap says:

He got Mosby’ed.

17. padawannewt says:

I just saw that on my Sprint web page yesterday!!! I thought, “That’s really weird.”

I’m still switching companies when my contract is up.

18. lehrdude says:

Sometimes you just have to tell the Cell Phoone companies:

“It’s not you, it’s me…”

19. Yabai.Youth says:

I hope my wife doesn’t find out. But man, just thinking about Sprint is too much. That sleek sexy logo, the seductive auto-answering system, and the things it does to me. Oh god I need to change my underpants. Excuse me…

20. Not Given says:

I love Google Voice

21. MarvinMar says:

Here is Arizona, there is an ad that runs on talk radio for 1 hour Heating and Air.
    The commercial is spoken by a woman explaining the business.
    At the very end, she whispers “I Love You”
    So call us today 555-1234…..I love you!
    Wierd

22. BoredOOMM says:

Once the best cell carrier, they have degraded to this?

23. Jerkface says:

You know I love you, baby. It’s just… sometimes you make me so CRAZY!

24. MustardTiger says:

*shrugs* I would enjoy finding such a message– find it humorous perhaps? I find Jeremy more creepy for giving a sh*t.