Meet The KFC Double Down Krispy Kreme Cheerwine Doughnut Sandwich

Consumerist commenter tgrwillki has created an unholy gastronomical monstrosity, a KFC Double Down sandwiched between two Krispy Kreme Cheerwine Doughnuts. It’s like a delicious meme sandwich in my mouth! Because it is one.

tgrwillki writes:

By request from the comments a few days ago, I put together the most unholy food combination ever: a Sandwich consisting of two Krispy Kreme Cheerwine Kreme Filled Doughnuts and a KFC Double Down. Overall, it was pretty tasty, but at a price tag of just over $9, I don’t think I’ll be making another one any time soon.

We asked tgrwillki how it tasted and he said it was “delicious,” noting its “Sweet, savory, chocolate-y, cheesy, and bacon-y” flavors. He was also surprised to find that the chocolate frosting worked quite well in tandem with the chicken. That said, he was only able to muster the strength to eat but half of it.

Tipping the scales at 1340 calories and 76g of fat, here’s what the KFC Double Down Krispy Kreme Cheerwine Doughnut Sandwich looks like uncut:uncutsandwich.jpgIn other news, yes, our commenters now take sandwich requests.

Many great inventions come from adding on to previous inventions. Note the iterative development of sandwich technology in these reverse ordered post headlines:

Mmm… Cheerwine Filled Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
Krispy Kreme + KFC Double Down = You Don’t Wanna Know
Hide The Children: The KFC Double Down Is Here To Stay

Comments

1. Daverson says:

Congratulations, I guess.

2. mac-phisto says:

ok. c’mon folks. we’re getting a little ridiculous here.

i’ll take 2.

3. Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

I make my own news at home.

4. Nisun says:

No Luther Burger yet? Or did I miss it?

5. Hoss says:

So this is career path for the kids in class that ate worms on a dare?

6. Applekid ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ) says:

Batter dip the whole thing and refry, then dust with powdered sugar. Serve with gravy heavily flavored with raspberry jam.

Cause spontaneous infatuation from hungry people.

7. Nighthawke says:

AIEEEE! Get thee behind me Satan!!

My heart is giving me fits just looking at that thing…

8. Bargaineering.com says:

So gross…

9. tresser says:

so i’m supposed to be impressed that you made the creation? big deal. anyone can take a photo of a DDKKCW

How about you take photos of you EATING it.

10. pecan 3.14159265 says:

The headline could also be, “How to Make Your Own Heart Attack at Home.”

11. tgrwillki says:

By The way…

The Nutrition Info (Combining 2 KK cheerwine doughnuts and a KFC double down):

1340 Calories,
    76g of Fat.

Still barely worse for you than a triple whopper (1160 Calories, 72g of fat)

12. umbriago says:

Speaking of old memes, “It’s like there’s a party in my mouth and everybody’s throwing up.”

There should be a video of you consuming the whole thing. I can make a Goetta and tripe sandwich with a fried egg on top between two apple fritters but am I going to eat it? No!

So get busy.

13. Marshmelly says:

I literally almost hurled looking at that picture of it cut in half…which only appears to be in my RSS. Gross.

• PanCake BuTT says:

Please don’t hurl, you’re to pretty to do so…with a ‘name’ like that, I could only imagine would would come out !

14. diasdiem says:

Goddammit, America. Seriously. Stop this shit already.

• DingoAndTheBaby says:

Exactly! It’s like the new real-life AND internet meme is to complain about how America is fat and turn around and make monstrosities like this. Are we in some sort of race to out-gross each other, and other countries, for the sake of claiming the title of the most unhealthy nation? Or, perhaps, we’re merely maintaining ownership of said title. This is getting really out of hand.

Besides, what creativity is there in creating food items (and I use that term loosely) based on the following equation:

[unhealthy food item] + [other unhealthy food item] + [another unhealthy food item] = sandwich of questionable edibility

Also, enough with the bacon-makes-everything-better meme. It’s old.

/rant

• NarcolepticGirl says:

My philosophy is: If you can’t be the best – be the worst.

And I’m usually the worst at everything.

Also, I’m sick of these types of posts on this and every other blog.

• mac-phisto says:

we’re not in a race…yet. but this post has inspired me to contact MLE for a Joey vs. Koby matchup. 12 minutes. all the DDKKCWs you can eat.

i’d recommend that those in the front row bring a gallagheresque plastic shield in case someone explodes.

15. c_c says:

I tried to find some of the Cheerwine Krispy Kreme’s over the holiday weekend, but they were sold out at the grocery stores I tried…

• HogwartsProfessor says:

My honey got one at a KK in North Carolina on his way home from visiting the fam. He said it tasted EXACTLY like Cheerwine, but was a little weird. It doesn’t sound like we’re missing much.

16. dreamfish says:

As an earlier story once said: diabetes never tasted so good.

17. mrmcd says:

Not complete until you have a toothless man playing banjo while you eat it.

18. yessongs says:

Get me a bucket, I’m goin to throw up!

19. Sir Winston Thriller says:

I’m reaching for the Novolog as I’m reading this!

20. El_Fez says:
  21. Chris J. Stone says:

If it had been any sandwich other than the Double Down, The Consumerist wouldn’t have posted it. Sometimes I wonder if some articles are auto-posted from stories found on Google News Alerts for the phrase “Double Down.”

• Smashville says:

You know, it’s considered trolling if you post a comment critical of the article without reading the article.

22. ColHapablap says:

Commenter request:

Deep fry it, then dip it in chocolate.

23. lincolnparadox says:

Honestly, it might be better so use a single donut, but cut it into two exterior buns. I think the presentation would be nicer, and the cheerwine cream filling would be more exposed to the fried chicken

24. Hooray4Zoidberg says:

I had the weirdest dream last night that I ordered a Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese at McDonald’s and they made it with two pieces of chicken rather than a bun because they thought I asked for the breakfast version.

25. NotEd says:

I want to see pictures of someone eating it. Only then can the proper level of nausea be achieved.

-Excelsior!

26. YamiNoSenshi says:

This is getting rather silly. Look, I bought a Costco tub of shortening and ate it with a spoon! I’m awesome now, right?

27. nbs2 says:

I’m surprised he went with the double doughnut bun. I believe that a split bun would have yielded better flavor, and saved a couple of bucks.

• NotEd says:

I’m surprised he didn’t buy 2 Double Downs and put the Cheerwine donut in between them.
      It seems appropriate considering the whole Double Down philosphy itself.

28. Orv says:

At least this way you can eat it without your hands getting all greasy. Which is, incidentally, why the sandwich was invented to begin with.

29. quirkyrachel says:

Why?

30. Kaiser-Machead says:

Let’s not be too surprised now. After all, this website exists.

31. Wysguy says:

My arteries are hardening just looking at this…