Dr. Pepper Temporarily Ditches HFCS To Celebrate 125th Birthday

If you’re a real sugar fan and you spot a really old looking can of Dr. Pepper at your grocery store in the next few weeks, you might want to stock up. To celebrate its 125th anniversary, the soda brand is going retro with its can designs — and its sweetener.

Dr. Pepper “Made With Real Sugar” began rolling out in stores over the holiday weekend and should be available through early September. Though like many limited-run things, there’s always the chance it could disappear sooner.

Much like Pepsi’s recent — and highly successful — “throwback” versions of Pepsi and Mountain Dew, you can spot the real sugar Dr. P by the cans and bottles with redesigned artwork and logos meant to recall the soda’s past. There are six different can designs in all.

Of course, those Dr. Pepper fans lucky enough to get their cola fix from the Dublin Dr Pepper bottler in Texas can always avail themselves of actual sugar taste.

So why are things like this 125th Anniversary Dr. Pepper, the Pepsi Throwbacks and Kosher Coke not available everywhere all the time?

The editor of Beverage Business Insights thinks the cola companies don’t really want to know that customers prefer sugar over HFCS:

Dr Pepper orders sugar for 125th anniversary [AP]

Comments

1. temporaryscars says:

I always find it odd when people cheer the use of sugar over HFCS. I’m pretty sure sugar is bad for you as well.

• sullim4 says:

Both may be bad, but very few people will tell you that they prefer the taste of corn syrup over real sugar.

• gqcarrick says:

The body processes sugar better than HFCS despite when at the HFCS manufacturers would like to tell you.

• Clyde Barrow says:

I think I remember reading that a human body does not process HFCS well, if at all and that is one of the reasons for our obesity problems. Back in March I began drinking regular sugar-made cola’s at the same amount that I would drink the HFCS soda’s and I lost a couple of pounds in about two weeks. HFCS gives me a splitting head-ache and the after taste is awful.

• Powerlurker says:

Your body can process HFCS just as well as anything else. However, it does appear that directly consuming fructose instead of sucrose bypasses one of the major regulatory steps in glycolysis.

• doughrama says:

I read the article you referenced (not to mention many others in my own research.) For the cliff notes: There isn’t enough evidence to support/prove that HFCS themselves are the cause of any problems. There is ample evidence however that the level of consumption of fructose (all sugars) is the cause of problems.

I’ve spent significant amount of time researching this topic, I want to know the reality. As hard as I try to be objective, I wanted to be on the anti-HFCS bandwagon. While there are different HFCS formulas the typical formula is 55% Fructose and 45% Glucose. Table sugar is 50%/50% (the article kindly mentioned that as well) They are almost identical.

As for your body processing sugar better, that’s not entirely accurate or is at least misleading in context. Sugar is a disaccharide, while HFCS is a monosaccharide. Sugar does require the extra step of being broken down via sucrase which HFCS do not. However the end, net result, is the same between the two.

On my own, I’ve come to the same conclusion the article you posted arrived at. There is only negligible difference between HFCS and sugar, over consumption is the problem.

• TouchMyMonkey says:

And what really pisses me off is the way the corn industry tells you this crap – with about as much contempt as they think they can get away with, as if you were some annoying self-appointed (and quite stereotypical) food nazi or something.

• Brian Cooks says:

I only like my corn on the cob and in my bourbon.

• TheUncleBob says:

“What? That it’s made from corn?”

Yeah, so’s ethanol. Go drink some of that.

• Nick1693 says:

Ethanol, aka “ethyl alcohol” aka “drinking alcohol” is present in alcoholic beverages.

I can’t say it would taste good or be good for you alone, but many people drink it every day.

• aloria says:

Sugared soda just tastes better. I remember getting Coke in Spain all the time and being confused at how incredibly delicious it was; I only realized after I got back that it was because I wasn’t drinking the HCFS stuff. I honestly can’t stand Coke here, but when I was overseas I couldn’t get enough of the stuff.

• Powerlurker says:

The Coke you got in Spain was probably considerably less sweet as well. I once visited the Ben and Jerry’s factory in VT and they mentioned that the ice cream they sell to Europe has 20% less sugar than what they sell in the US. The stuff they ship to Japan has 50% less.

• Mike says:

I have to agree with all the other people here, it is all about taste. Sugar just tastes smoother than the HFCS. For some of us food is about flavor, and not always about nutrition.

• TouchMyMonkey says:

Well, I read somewhere that the body handles HFCS in a different way than sugar because of the differences in molecular structure, which makes you fatter than you would be otherwise. I’m sure Alton Brown or somebody can fill you in.

Anyway, you’re right; taste is a biiiiig part of it. I had a rum and Coke made with the kosher stuff, and it tastes totally different. It “pops.” It has a much “brighter” taste than one made with the HFCS stuff. You don’t ever want a rum and Coke any other way.

• dizzy says:

For my birthday recently my best friend bought me a bottle of Jack and a bunch of bottles of Coke made with real sugar. I was amazed – it’s the only way I want my jack and cokes now.

• ChuckECheese says:

HFCS has an odd semi-metallic tang to it, and also an astringency, both of which I think come from the enzymes used to make HFCS. It is as much a sensation as it is a flavor. It interferes with the flavor of everything it’s in. Some people say it makes their mouth feel slimy.

• chaesar says:

it is the lesser of two evils, and it tastes better

• jacques says:

I was very disappointed when I tried an orange julius for the first time in probably 22+ years a year back or so. The switch to corn syrup in their ingredients made it unpalatable and I tossed it out after a few sips.

• Mike says:

Is THAT the difference? I was wondering. I loved Orange Julius back in the eighties, but I have tried it a couple times since and it was awful. I thought my tastes had just changed, but this would make more sense to me.

• jacques says:

I assume it’s the difference. Looking for ingredients online, looks like it was pretty much OJ, water, sugar, ice, and powdered milk. What they sold me was unbelievably sweet.

• Doubts42 says:

1. It tastes better
      2. Your body processes it better so less of it gets stored as fat
      3. Sugar is not subsidized by your tax dollars the way corn is, so it is a more politically sound purchase.

• NeverLetMeDown says:

Sugar is absolutely subsidized, in that there are very high tariffs, driving the price of sugar far above international levels. With a direct subsidy, the feds take tax money and send it to the lucky industry. With tariffs, the feds cut out the middleman, so the money goes directly from your wallet to the lucky industry.

• SweetZombieJesus says:

Apparently you don’t understand that *subsidies* and *tariffs* are opposites.

A subsidy means the government takes tax dollars to make some thing artificially cheaper to the consumer — e.g. the government pays people to grow corn and make it cheaper as a product than if it did nothing.

A tariff is a tax, the government making something more expensive to the consumer by slapping on a tax which goes into government coffers.

Of course the government is too stupid to admit that taxing something discourages its use while subsidizing something else encourages its use. Thus why they switched away from sugar, because it became more expensive, and towards HFCS, which became cheaper.

• SweetZombieJesus says:

BTW an industry that is the victim of a tariff does not get any of the money — it goes to the government. It is a TAX.

• montusama says:

I recently watched King Corn, its really sad that because of the way the government subsidies corn production so it can be sold below the cost of production we have all this additional “crap” in our food supply not to mention just growing corn that has very little nutrients.

2. gqcarrick says:

Hasn’t Dr. Pepper had a “Heritage” version out for a while or was in limited release. It was great and made with real sugar.

• Sian says:

Dr Pepper was included in the Throwback promotion.

I’ve still got quite a few 12 packs of Mt Dew Throwback.

• Salty Johnson says:

Dr Pepper wasn’t “included” in the Throwback promotion. Dr Pepper is made by the Dr Pepper Snapple Group, which is different from PepsiCo. They just decided to hop on the old-recipe-with-real-sugar bandwagon and ended up making a product that I bought about 30 cases of in a two-week span because I knew it’d probably end around the same time as throwback. Heritage Dr Pepper was hardly marketed at all, though, and the only reason I knew about it was because the strange packaging caught my eye. Hopefully with how much they’re marketing the anniversary version, it will sell well enough that they will keep it going.

Attention Soft Drink Makers: I’m not averse to paying an extra couple bucks for a case of soda if it tastes better due to the use of real sugar. Please do not let the low costs of HFCS keep you using HFCS.

• Zachary Jacob Zblewski says:

Dr. Pepper Heritage was only produced and sold in markets where Pepsi has the Dr. Pepper contract. In my area, Dr. Pepper is not bottled by Pepsi, so we didn’t get a chance to try Heritage.

I hope Dr. Pepper 125 gets a nationwide release.

• skapig says:

Yep. I got some Heritage and it was great.

• Santas Little Helper says:

They produce and sell Dublin Dr. Pepper in Dublin Tx, and is only for sale in TX. It’s wonderful.

• atheos says:

you can get it outside of texas, just expect to pay 3x the amount. I’ve found it in Indiana a few times, and many of my online friends outside of Texas are aware of its existence.

• SweetZombieJesus says:

Not only did they do a “Dr. Pepper Heritage”, which tasted marginally better than the normal HFCS version, but they also sell “Dublin Dr. Pepper” which is made with cane sugar, and it tastes incredible and leagues above the Heritage. You can buy it online at http://www.olddocs.com/product.aspx?id=174&up1=269&up2=274&up3=275&cat=Drinks&subcat1=Dr%20Pepper&subcat2=Made%20with%20Sugar

3. JonStewartMill says:

I wonder, did they bring back the cryptic “10 2 4″ logo that was on the WAY old labels?

• chaesar says:

it’s not cryptic, they just want you to drink a bottle of soda at 10 o’clock, 2 o’clock and 4 o’clock

you know, as a health regimen…

• ktetch says:

or 3 bottles at 3:50?

• levelone says:

Not so much a health regimen, but to use caffeine to combat the lethargy that tends to occur at these times of day (10, 2 and 4). I think it was primarily advertised as a way for working folk to get a quick pick-me-up in the doldrums of the workday, before lunch, after lunch, and almost quitting time.

• ShruggingGalt says:

If you see one in the wild, it’s probably from Dublin Dr Pepper.

You can actually order bottles/cans from them:

4. legolex says:

I personally loved the Pepsi Throwback, it was great! The Mt. Dew throwback tasted differently but I think they should go the throwback route permanently and keep the cool throwback design.

• whogots is "not computer knowledgeable" says:

I loved the Mountain Dew throwback, but had to quit because it messed up my teeth.

5. GuidedByLemons says:

Ahhhh, it’s good to live in the distribution range of Dublin Dr. Pepper where I can get the real-sugar version whenever I want =]

And yes, it does have the old “10 2 4″ logo on it.

• EBE says:

I had some of the “Heritage Dr Pepper” what was out a few months ago with the Pepsi and Mountain Dew and I don’t think it tastes as good as Dublin Dr Pepper made with imperial sugar.

• Atsumi says:

You’re lucky. I had a co-worker that used to travel to Texas and pick some up. I’ve never tried it, but the way he talks about it, it sounds good!

• pot_roast says:

Chicken Express has it at the soda fountain, which is probably the only reason that I ever go there.

Oh, their sweet tea is decent too.

• Dhornet7 says:

OH man, I got to go to the promised land in March. It was awesome. I drank so much DP that day I was drunk. One of my favorite memories. Plus they serve Pimento Cheese sandwich’s at the soda fountain. I live in SoCal so buying a Dublin is like 2 bucks.

6. Erich says:

my local grocery store just brought back the Throwback Pepsi & Mountain Dew, and the Heritage Dr Pepper. They’ve been selling like hotcakes. I can’t speak for anywhere else, but the people of Petaluma love sodas made with real sugar.

7. Applekid ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ) says:

Hooray! I loves me my sugar Dr. Pepper, but the shipping on the stuff from Dublin TX was killer. With this stuff within easy reach, I might wind up becoming a diabetic after all.

Worth it.

8. nbs2 says:

Oh no, I’m out of sugar based DP. My life is over.

(Just drop off the palletS in fron tof the garage)

9. Zarf says:

Not everyone is HFCS-aware, and that’s how Dr. Pepper and Pepsi would like to keep it. However, there is a strong contingent of HFCS-aware customers, and they do want to please those people. That’s why Pepsi makes Throwback, and that’s why Dr. Pepper is doing this.

Both of these are temporary, and will probably be “re-introduced” in a cycle every few months or years. Every time they do this, they spurn sales. Just look at Mountain Dew LiveWire. They also don’t have to constantly produce the more expensive sugar-sweetened sodas. I myself am HFCS-aware, and I love Mountain Dew throwback. It’s not exactly their “worst nightmare” that these things sell through the roof. In fact, that’s their entire goal. Temporarily increased sales seem to look better than long-term increased sales, and are certainly easier to produce.

Tl;dr, Releasing sugar-sweetened sodas temporarily in cycles causes huge surges in sales that can’t be met by having it available constantly.

Still tl;dr, MONEY.

• aloria says:

Yep, if they switched to sugar in all their sodas and made it permanent, there would likely be a brief surge and then back to regular sales. They might even get some pushback by people who don’t like change (or actually prefer the HCFS version) similar to what happened with New Coke.

By making this stuff “for a limited time only,” they motivate people to go out and buy tons of it, stocking up because it’ll eventually go away and who knows if/when they’ll bring it back?

• SweetZombieJesus says:

Don’t kid yourself, this is all about money.

This is why they switched to HFCS in the first place — it makes their costs cheaper.

Why play with sugar now? There is strain on the supply of corn, largely from the demand produced by increased ethanol, which makes the soda companies’ costs go up, to the point where using sugar is now in line with using HFCS, even with the tariffs. The companies are simply hedging their bets on a switch back to sugar in the event it becomes cheaper than HFCS (like say if there is an oil crisis and the percentage of ethanol vehicles jumps in the next 10 years).

also worth pointing out two Coca-Cola bottlers in the US use Sucrose (Bethlehem PA and Cleveland OH), both Coke and Pepsi do sugar Kosher for Passover versions, etc. I liked Kosher Pepsi better than Throwback.

10. whogots is "not computer knowledgeable" says:

I’ve seen “Heritage Dr. Pepper” from time to time over the last several months. It’s good, but not as great an improvement over the HFCS equivalent as MexiCoke is.

• Mike says:

I love Mexican Coke too, I have a hard time turning it down when I see it in a store. I think the main difference is the bottle vs. can IMHO. The only heritage Dr. Pepper I saw was in a can. I would always chose Mexican Coke in a glass bottle over anything in a can, that metallic taste just kills good soda, almost as much as HFCS does.

• whogots is "not computer knowledgeable" says:

I don’t think that’s the factor for me. I’ve had BadCoke in bottles — my dad’s a recovering Coke machine hobbyist — and while it’s better than canned, it’s still not good.

Unless I have pizza. That changes everything.

• resu says:

MexiPepsi is awesome too

11. wonderkitty now has two dogs says:

One of my favorite things about Texas is the access to sugar-cane Dr. Pepper. It’s amazing.

12. Mike says:

I go out of my way to buy sugar based soda on the rare occasions I buy soda at all, but switching from HFCS to sugar is only half the battle. You really need to buy this stuff in glass bottles. I am shocked at how much metal and plastic flavor soda picks up from cans and plastic bottles. Glass FTW.

Until you drink sugar based soda from a glass bottle you have not really had soda.

• Applekid ┬──┬ ノ( ã‚œ-゜ノ) says:

Would you say the change in flavor is more pronounced than beer in cans vs beer in bottles or less? I might reconsider my grocery store binge this evening.

• Mike says:

I would assume beer in glass would be better than beer in cans, but to be honest I don’t drink so I have no firsthand experience.

Perhaps there is a Duffman wannabe on here who knows better than I?

• aloria says:

When I used to drink Coors Lite (I have since graduated to Yuengling to avoid the wrath of beer snobs,) there was a slight taste difference in canned vs bottle. However, I wouldn’t say one was better or worse than the other– one of the benefits of cans is that they are opaque which keeps the light from making the beer funky.

• denros says:

you’re not lying. I basically treat soda as a desert and even then, it’s pretty rare that I’ll have it. So of course I buy the good stuff, which to me, is perfectly embodied in a particular product

• Mike says:

Word to the Boylan’s Creamy Red Birch Beer. There was a deli I went to as a kid growing up in NY that had it. Now that I am in Texas I rarely see it, but there is plenty of Dublin Dr. Pepper to go around so I’m cool.

• Shmoodog says:

100% TRUE.

The best soda is made with cane sugar and comes out of a chilled glass bottle. Costco sold me a case of 24 Coke bottles with cane sugar for like $16. I shoulda bought two cases. That was the best soda drinking of the year.

And yes, I’m addicted to sugar.

• Nigerian prince looking for business partner says:

How do you know if a product uses cane vs. beet sugar?

13. Supes says:

Every time I see a story like this, I expect to see a Corn Refiners Association, Center for Consumer Freedom, or one of many other industry groups to issue a press release in the near future crying that corn syrup and sugar have the same health impact.

Now, I’m skeptical of their claim that our body processes them the same anyway, but frankly even if it does the taste makes a large enough difference that it’s worth it.

Screw the corn industry and their subsidies.

14. Clyde Barrow says:

“In some ways their worst nightmare is that this thing sells through the roof, because then that’s telling them something about how consumers feel about their product.”

Idiot logic at its best in American business.

• Eat The Rich -They are fat and succulent says:

Well you see sugar costs more than HFCS and is easier to ship, store and process than sugar.

It’s all about squeezing every cent out of a commodity while keeping it just palatable enough for people to continue drinking it.

15. Eat The Rich -They are fat and succulent says:

I find that stuff made with HFCS is almost sickeningly sweet compared to stuff made with real sugar and it leaves a bitter aftertaste in my mouth.

Sugar based softdrinks taste smooth and there is no lingering “nasty” that makes me crave water.

Also, I can taste any kind of artificial sweetener in a heartbeat because of that same bitter chemical taint in the flavor.

16. Clyde Barrow says:

I used to think the HFCS-made Coke with caffiene was the reason for my hyperactive, headaches / cloudy-thinking issues. After meeting my ex’s family in France, I was told of the sugar-made Coke and after drinking it my “life changed”. lol. I made a point of bringing back cases of it whenever we would visit. Sugar-made Coke with caffiene does not make me wired, figity, or gives me a cloudy-head feeling and so I figured out it wasn’t the caffiene that made me ill but it was the HFCS.

• zandar says:

Ok, now that multiple people have mentioned it, I think I have to agree, hfcs gives me a headache as well.

• jason in boston says:

+1 When I was stationed overseas the Coke was much better than stateside. Over here it just tastes funny / weird headache for a while. Since then, I’ve moved to diet coke and am sure it is just cancer in a can…but at least keeps me jittery during the workday.

17. jojo319 says:

Does anybody know why Coke has yet to try the throwback versions? I’m not including the Mexican varieties.

• banndndc says:

anti-semitism? can’t have passover everyday.

• SweetZombieJesus says:

Coke does a passover version with Sucrose (yellow bottle caps).

Two Coke bottlers in the US use sucrose (Bethlehem PA and Cleveland OH)

They are starting to encourage MexiCoke (I found some in Sam’s Club in PA, pretty far north).

Supposedly Coke has something big up its sleeve, might have something to do with a new natural sweetener called Truvia.

18. GuyGuidoEyesSteveDaveâ„¢ says:

Any area where Pepsi bottles Dr. Pepper also had non-HFCS Dr. Pepper during the throwback period. Just FYI.

19. Bye says:

Fantastic spoof of those corn industry commercials about how safe HFCS is:

20. MustWarnOthers says:

While I agree that Sugar should be avoided in general (I only have soda like once a month, or try to anyway), how can any group possibly try and rationalize that a naturally occurring cane sugar (unbleached, if that’s what they use) is just as bad for you as a processed, enzymed corn based sugar.

You’re f’ing with naturally occurring chemicals and using them in your products, just say that and stop the BS.

21. Dallas_shopper says:

HFCS sucks ass. They know this and that’s why they wheel out these “limited editions” so they can sell them through the roof. They know people will buy it, and I bet you you don’t see 12 packs of Dr Pepper on sale much in August.

22. jacques says:

When throwback was out last year, I made the mistake of only buying a few cases, because the time before that I got some looks from cashiers and other customers when I bought out the local store’s meager supply (they only had 5 cases). I know not to make that mistake again!

23. maggiemerc says:

I live an hour and a half from Dublin but I’m totes loading up on this. Vote with your wallet folks!

24. mcnerd85 says:

How much would it honestly cost to switch back to real sugar? A quarter a “pop?” (HA!) I’d be more than willing to pay that, I don’t think it would really affect their sales. Soda prices at my local grocery store is always fluctuating anyway. One week DP’s are 88 cents for a two-liter, next week it’s a $1.25.

25. ChuckECheese says:

Let’s talk about flavor. Several on here are talking about how soda tastes better in other countries. And mostly they blame the HFCS. But the last couple times I went to Mexico, I drank either Coke Light (aka Diet Coke) or the newly introduced Coke Zero. They both taste very good, and Coke Light, despite being a diet drink, tastes almost exactly like good ol’ regular Coca Cola. The main difference is that these MX sodas have more flavor. My new theory is that Coke puts more flavoring in Mexican (and other foreign) Coke products. The main thing I notice about American Coke and Pepsi products is a lack of flavor – they taste watered down, and not only from soda fountains.

• Jerem43 says:

Actually, Coke is sweetening the sodas at certain fast food restaurants. There is a contractual obligation to sell a certain amount of syrup each year and because some chains weren’t meeting their sales goals, Coke came in and changed the water/syrup ratios so there was more syrup and less water (4.7:1 versus 5:1). After Coke came in and did this, franchises would then go back and remix the syrup/water ratios to the old values.

This again changed when Coke moved to higher concentration syrup mix. The franchises got around this by using a visual spectrum analysis device and adjusting the mix until it was the same as bottled Coke. (5:1 water/syrup)

• Groanan says:

Oooh yeah, the Arby’s at Steven’s Creek in San Jose / Santa Clara (IDK where it falls) California, before it got new management, had their Coke machine’s syrup set to maximum, same with Round Table Pizza off of Morrill near my middle school growing up in San Jose.

Surefire way to pull in customers. I think Silver Dollar City (an amusement park) in Missouri does the same thing (then again, ice cold coke in a metal mug tastes sweeter in high humidity).

26. crazydavythe1st says:

I see conflicting info on a few sites, but from what I can tell, Coke still uses cyclamates in their diet sodas in many countries, Mexico included as far as I can tell. I’m not sure if that would account for it, as I’ve never tried a cyclamate sweetened drink, but the few people I know that remember them say that they taste better than the newer artificial sweeteners.

• ChuckECheese says:

Mexican Coke Light had only aspartame and acesulfame-k in it. As did the Coke Zero.

27. Tiandli says:

I like the taste of real sugar and stock up on the throwbacks when possible. I like the taste of real sugar because it’s not as syrupy sweet as HFCS.

I saw a corn company commercial a few months ago that said “HFCS is fine….in moderation.” They know it’s not healthy and tack on the “moderation” to relieve themselves of any guilt or blame. But it’s hard to moderate HFCS consumption because it’s in most of the food products on shelves and it’s heavily advertised towards candy and snacks that children eat.

28. DynamiteBear says:

They ditched HFCS last year too for a month for some promotion calling it Heritage. I’m tired of these companies doing it in these brief promotional spurts. Just make it with sugar and leave it like that already.

29. MsCongeniality says:

A nitpicky point, but all Coke is kosher, the sugar variety is Kosher for Passover Coke which is why it’s only available in the spring.

30. Groanan says:

Dr. Pepper is the only soft drink which I believe tastes better with HFCS than sugar.
    I buy 5-6 cases of glass bottle cane sugar cokes from Cosco every month or so, because I find the taste so superior that I would rather go without than take the HFCS version.
    Dr. Pepper, however, tastes like prunes and I find the aftertaste to be better with HFCS than with with cane sugar.

31. verbatim613 says:

That should be “Kosher FOR PASSOVER Coke”. Coke is kosher the whole year round. During Passover, it has sugar rather than corn syrup.

32. Yorick says:

I never cared for “regular” Pepsi, but I really liked Throwback Pepsi.

I also tried “Heritage” Dr. Pepper once, and didn’t like it. I’m a regular Dr. Pepper drinker.

My doctor told me I really need to avoid all sugar drinks, tho (I have acid reflux). I feel like an addict, I can’t seem to give it up.

33. rexfromars says:

I haven’t read all the comments, but I’d like to point out that there are a handful (5 or 6) Dr Pepper bottlers out there that still use sugar and not HFCS, The West Jefferson (NC) bottling plant not only uses sugar only to make Dr Pepper, they only use glass bottles, too.

Also, I hate to nitpick, but it’s “Dr Pepper” not “Dr. Pepper”. I figure a consumer-based website might want to spell trademarked names correctly! :p

34. Speak says:

I finally saw some of the classic cans in my local grocery store on sale with the coke products (it’s bottled by Coke in my town) and was ready to buy all that I could… Then I looked at the ingredients and found HFCS. I didn’t buy any since I already have some regular Dr at home with the HFCS. Of course the regular Coke (and only Coke Classic) from my local bottler is made with sucrose so I buy that all the time.

35. Dhornet7 says:

Oh man is it delicious. I don’t drink a lot of soda, but when I do, I prefer pure can sugar!