Looking for the perfect appliance store? Sorry, it doesn’t exist. But, there are some that are pretty good, according to Consumer Reports. Abt Electronics, a Chicago based company, scored high on CR’s survey of the best appliance retailers for overall customer approval. One reason: knowledgeable salespeople. The top gripes included stores trying to sell extended warranties. The pushiest retailers: P.C. Richard & Son, Sears, Best Buy, and hhgregg. [Consumer Reports]
By greeda July 8, 2010
More From Consumerist
- Best Buy Closes Future Shop Stores, Will Turn Half Into Best Buys
- Sears Holds Appliance Sale, Redefines The Word ‘All’
- The Best & Worst Store-Brand Deals At Lowe’s, Home Depot & Sears
- Where Do People Buy The Stuff They Used To Buy At Sears?
- Sprint Partnering With UK Tech Retailer To Open Up To 500 New Stores In The U.S.