Wells Fargo Must Hate My Married Name Or Something

Jennifer has banked with Wells Fargo since 1996, and thinks the bank must have gotten so used to her maiden name that it refuses to acknowledge her married name. No matter how often she’s complained, Wells Fargo refuses to acknowledge the name change on all her accounts and keeps sending her cards with her former moniker.

She writes:

I got married, and I decided that my married name would be on useful things such as my banking records. I bank with Wells Fargo.

Immediately upon receiving my new Social Security card, I called Wells Fargo to start the process. They informed me that I would have to go to the branch where I opened my account to fill out some paper work. I pointed out that that branch was over 3000 miles away. I was told there was nothing they could do.

Fast forward a bit (yes, I procrastinated). Wells Fargo buys Wachovia. Neat. I can use ATMs again. I go into a Wachovia branch to attempt a name change. The really helpful lady got on the phone with her counterpart at a Wells Fargo branch, and processed my paperwork.

A couple weeks later, I receive a new credit card with my married name on it. Cool. I look online, and while my credit card account has my married name attached, my checking account does not. I recheck the paperwork for the name change. It specified that it was for all of my accounts (4 total). So, I called Wells Fargo, and explained my situation. They apologize, and update it. 24 hours later, their website indicates that my married name is on all of my accounts. I am happy.

A month later: I still had my debit card with my maiden name on it. A new one comes in the mail as the expiration date is at the end of the month. What name is on the new one? My maiden name. I give wellsfargo a call, they apologize, and let me know it is corrected. The next card comes in the mail. Maiden name. Phone call. New Card #3… maiden name. Phone call. No new card. Another call. New card #4… any guesses? (I hope you guessed maiden name. That is what was on it again.)

So, today, I called them again. They told me that only the branch where I opened the account can fix it. I insist that I have already filed the name change paperwork with them. The person I am speaking to puts me on hold and talks to his supervisor. When he comes back, he tells me that neither he nor his supervisor can help me. I admit at this point I get upset. Not yelling, almost crying. He says he is going to call “the executive office”. After a really LONG hold, he comes back on, and informs me that the executive office can’t help me either, and I will have to go into the branch where I opened my account. I point out the salient facts again (military spouse, 3000 miles from branch, MY NAME IS ON ALL MY ACCOUNTS according to wellsfargo.com. He repeats that I have to go into the branch.

I am upset at this point. I mention that I feel I should begin to go through the process of closing my account with them, as they do not seem to support military families. He told me that I should do what I feel I need to do.

I have banked with them since 1996. Since I was a child. I don’t want to close my account, but I feel as if I have no choice. I want my name on my card. I do not feel that this is an unreasonable desire, especially after the boat load of paperwork I filled out for them. I am worried about how closing my accounts and opening new ones elsewhere will affect my credit, and I am worried about the hassle of switching.

It seems Jennifer has no choice but to take the hint and revert to her former name. Wells Fargo’s nostalgia dies hard, with a vengeance.

UPDATE: Wells Fargo corrected Jennifer’s accounts with her proper last name.

Comments

1. celeb8 says:

I’d let their retention department take care of it, or don’t. If they can’t fix it then I’d stop giving them money to mess things up further. However, usually the retention dept. can go farther (or find someone who can) to fix things.

Now’s a great time to switch banks anyway, I know Key Bank at least is giving away free iPods :V

• Virginia Consumer says:

I got $150.00 for switching banks and opening a new account with Direct Deposit. My wife opened an account as well and will also get the $150.00. They paid $75 right up front and we will get the other $75 after 6 months. This was with PNC, but I have seen similar offers.

The only tip if you want to get the most bonus is open both accounts then put your spouse on the one you want a joint account.

We use my wife’s account to pay down debt and my account for our regular budget.

2. BigBoat2 says:

Played that military card pretty fast.

I understand the annoyance here, and even wanting to cancel, but the emotional response seems over the top.

• wonderkitty now has two dogs says:

And so what if she mentioned she was military? I don’t think she was asking for something unreasonable here. It is necessary sometime to mention that one is military, or a spouse, to adequately convey how troublesome it can be to do certain things. I understand the distain for people using their military status to ask for things that aren’t bestowed upon others in society, but this wasn’t the case here.

• BigBoat2 says:

It makes perfect sense to explain why you can’t make it to the branch.

It was “[Wells Fargo] does not seem to support military families” that grated. It’s well-settled Wells Fargo does not support anyone.

• celeb8 says:

Yeah I’m with BigBoat2 on this one, huffy comments and “almost crying” aren’t really helpful, and when you get a phone-jockey’s eyes rolling like she must have, you may as well just give up and try a new headset-head.

Really there’s no need for emotion, at this she’s already given them enough rope to show what a bunch of feckups they are. Changing banks should have happened months ago. At this point its like she’s begging for more punishment.

• Shouty D says:

Yes, because as we all know, emotions are the easiest thing to control when you feel like you’re blatantly being ignored and your BANK, the folks you trust with your money, can’t process a simple request.

Oh humans, always letting silly emotions get in the way.

• Conformist138 says:

I’ll say what I tell co-workers and roommates who let their emotions get out of hand (usually after they’ve let the problem get worse); great advice from my own parents: You cannot control what other people do, but you can control yourself. It’s hard, yelling and crying are such great sources of stress relief, but being difficult isn’t an excuse.

I cannot control if the bank screws up over and over and over, but I can control my response. Sometimes I don’t make a call for a bit until my nerves are calmed. Sometimes I ask the rep to hold and take deep breaths. There’s a lot of ways of coping with our emotions, but proclaiming “I’m human, I have emotions, I can let them do what they want when life is hard” is not an answer (neither is sarcasm to the same effect). The fact is, not all situations are equal, but needless emotion is a hindrance more often than not; we would all be better off if we made a serious effort to communicate with reason and logic rather than uncontrolled weeping, notably in business-type situations.

That said, I don’t doubt it was hard for this woman to keep herself together and her emotional response is no excuse for HSBC not to fix the issue. The same thing in reverse, they cannot control how we will react to a problem, but they should have procedures in place to fix it regardless. After so many calls, I would advise her to craft a great EECB, one free of editorializing or playing the military card. People move, end of story, no need to ploy to specific sympathies for something that basic.

• Big Mama Pain says:

Yeah, except that it is asking for them to make an exception for the fact that she’s a military spouse, and it’s a stupid excuse. As a military spouse, I can tell you much I fucking HATE when other mil. spouses do this because it makes us all look bad. It is a common, completely well known fact that you cannot make changes like this to a bank account over the phone. When I got married, my name could not even be put on my husband’s account unless we went in person. That’s just that way it works, sweetheart-why the hell you’d want to have a bank so far away from where you live with no access is beyond me. Does Well’s Fargo really give a crap about a customer 3,000 miles away? Why would they?

• Rectilinear Propagation says:

why the hell you’d want to have a bank so far away

The bank isn’t what’s far away, it’s the BRANCH that she originally opened the account at that’s far away.
          Banks with branches in multiple states should not be requiring their customers to completely close their accounts and then open new ones in their new location just because of a name change. That may be how it is but that doesn’t stop it from being a completely stupid policy.

• Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

She moved 3,000 miles from her original branch, and Wells Fargo can do nothing except require her to go to a single branch out of the thousands in their network.

Yeah, let’s blame the OP for explaining why she’s 3,000 miles away. It’s totally her fault.

• craptastico says:

nobody blamed the OP for not having her name changed, but the military has nothing to do with the situation at hand. i guess if she has children, then obviously HSBC hates children too.

• thezone says:

The reason she mentioned the military is because military families constantly move all over the country. Most families do not move from state to state to state to state. So if a bank has a policy that requires the customer to go to the originating bank military families at that bank will all be affected at some point. She should EECB and call the local tv station. They love these stories.

• Firethorn says:

For that matter, I’m military and bank with Wells Fargo. My account was originally with a different bank, which was bought out by another bank, then by Wells Fargo. I’ve had it since before I was a teen.

Wells Fargo has treated me pretty good. Besides USAA, Wells Fargo is among the most popular banks for military members. They’re normally pretty good.

• Brunette Bookworm says:

After the fourth time of them not fixing it isn’t that fast, it’s a reasonable answer to why she CAN’T get to the branch she opened the account at originally.

• Brunette Bookworm says:

3. Tracer Bullet says:

If they can’t even get your name right, how do you expect them to handle your money? Leave, you’ll be better off for it.

• Mary says:

I feel a bit this way myself. I never got around to telling the bank that my name changed when I got married (yeah, that’s my fault, I know. But it’s not caused a problem).

But because of various mergers and other accounts and what have you, the bank magically figured it out on it’s own a few months ago. One day I just log in and they have my new name and all of my accounts put together like they should be, and I didn’t have to lift a finger.

I haven’t figured out if I think that’s creepy, but it was certainly convenient.

• Oranges w/ Cheese says:

OP, you’re in the Military – start banking with USAA – never look back.

4. wonderkitty now has two dogs says:

This is annoying. I’d write an EECB explaining why I had to separate (shoddy customer service, offering an option that really isn’t one, etc.), then close the checking accounts. And since you’re now military, go with USAA!

• katstermonster says:

That was my first thought! It doesn’t solve the current problem, but it’s an excellent alternative.

• rahntwo says:

I agree completely, USAA is the best. Ive had to deal with WF due to having POA over a relatives finances. They are a constant pain.

5. backinpgh says:

Can she just CALL the branch where she opened the account and speak to someone there?

6. pantheonoutcast says:

Instead of trying to change your name, (which apparently isn’t working) why not just open a new account with your new SS card and new ID?

Or find a new bank. What is with this misplaced loyalty for a bank? They obviously don’t feel the same way about you, or else your problem would have been solved already.

7. JediJohn82 says:

You are military I’d switch to USAA checking/savings account, or at least one of the federal credit unions.

• pf3 says:

What the fuck is this lady waiting around for? Who has this sort of commitment to a bank? USAA will be much more understanding about things like multi-thousand mile moves too.

• jbandsma says:

I guess your banks don’t do credit checks for opening new accounts? Sometimes it’s almost impossible to give people your money if you’ve had problems (like a 2 year jobless stretch where everything got behind) in the past.

• MaxPower says:

Yes!! Then she can get her car insurance, checking, savings, credit card, house insurance, brokerage, mutual funds, mortgage, dog walker, house keeper, gardener, local restaurant, best friends, and possibly a new husband all in the same place.

Yeah, I use USAA for everything.

• Oranges w/ Cheese says:

+eleventy-billion

USAA – because you can use WHATEVER atm you want and they’ll spot you the fees at the end of the month.

I can’t imagine having to find my banks ATMs all the time. Now I can withdraw anywhere.

Not to mention, I think their customer service would be A LOT more understanding, considering their ONLY branch is in Houston.

• schmendrick12 says:

Agreed, USAA is the way to go. Although they just opened a branch here in Colorado Springs, which is the first I’d heard of them having a location outside of Houston.

8. Ilovegnomes says:

When I transitioned from my maiden name to my married name, I put both last names on my checking account. I listed my maiden name in place of of my middle name on my checks. That way if my banking records were out of sync or I received something in my maiden name, I could point at the name on my account and show a history of both last names.

However, if a banking rep told me that I should do what I need to do, in reference to closing out my account, I would!

9. raydee wandered off on a tangent and got lost says:

I think the branch where I opened my Wachovia account is no longer there. What do they do in the event that a branch closes? It’s just a stupid way to run their business; it’s not like the old days when people had close personal relationships with their banks.

10. nbs2 says:

Military spouse? Dump them and go USAA. I did the same with BoA after they started screwing around with me 17 years after I opened my first savings account with them.

11. frak says:

I no longer wonder why incompetent mega-banks have customers. What more do they have to screw-up before people will get the hint?

12. Virginia Consumer says:

I recently cut the cord with Wells Fargo after banking with them for over 10 years. I was able to switch all my stuff over to the new account in a matter of weeks.

I went with PNC, but I am sure there are many good options. PNC had a way to import all my bill pay information though and that made the transition smoother.

You will need some reserve cash while making the transfer so that you can get old bills paid from the old account and new ones from the new. I went into the Wachovia branch here and was able to close the account and get the last remaining balance in Cash.

Go for it. I cannot say that PNC is not without it’s own challenges, but we have been happy so far.

• Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

You can skip the cash thing by establishing the new account before closing the old one. Change your direct deposit, then set up new bill pays, then close the old account and transfer your remaining funds to the new one.

13. Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

Losing a customer because you can’t get a name right.

Executive customer service can’t assist.

Way to go, Wells Fargo.

14. hymie! says:

Back when I was in the world of customer service, “Do what you feel you need to do” was code for “Yes, that is probably the only recourse you have to this problem that I cannot/will not solve for you, but I am not allowed to say that openly on a recorded phone.”

15. katerrific says:

A few months ago I went into a Wells Fargo branch to tell them I’d be traveling internationally and using my card. The teller cheerfully informed me that I would have to call the 1-800 number for that. I was like, “But… I’m standing right here…” Then, when I actually called the 1-800 number, the guy seemed to be stoned and called me “sir” repeatedly. My name is Katherine and I have an annoyingly girlish voice.

So, yeah. Wells Fargo. Not an impressive operation.

• Thyme for an edit button says:

Something like that is what caused me to close my account of Bank of America about 10 years ago. I had a question, waited in line just like everyone else, only to have the branch employee point me to a phone in the lobby that she said dialed in directly to customer service and I would have to talk to them.

I was like… yeah, no. I closed my accounts and moved my money to the credit union I currently use. I rarely need to go into a branch, but when I have, they’ve never pointed me to a phone rather than providing me the service themselves.

16. thewildboo says:

Dump them – they don’t deserve your business if they can’t handle such a simple, every day thing as a married woman changing the name on her accounts. I bank with Chase, and when I got married I walked into the local branch (not where I opened my account), showed them my marriage liscense, and they updated the account right in front of me. It took less than two minutes. It’s not that hard.

17. packy says:

If Jennifer absolutely MUST stay with Wells Fargo, she should go into her (currently) local branch, close all her accounts and open new ones with her married name. Sure, all her numbers will change and her credit score will take a small hit because she won’t have a credit card that’s been open the entire time, but she’ll have her proper name on the account.

Or she could do an EECB. Or talk to her local media. This is the Consumerist, after all.

• sarahhope82 says:

But they did change the name on the credit card. The debit card is the issue. I would keep the credit card and open a new checking account. Closing your checking account has no effect on your credit score.

18. weestrom says:
  19. Thyme for an edit button says:

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I don’t think closing checking and savings accounts and opening new accounts elsewhere impacts your credit.

I would go to a credit union and open an account with them. If you have automatic bill pay or automatic savings tied to Wells Fargo, transition those payments over to the new account. Once the automatic bills and automatic savings have been transferred over and any outstanding checks have cleared, I’d go into any branch and ask to close my checking and savings accounts and get a cashier’s check of all your remaining money in those accounts.

The only thing I would not close is a credit card if you have one with Wells since I think closing an old line of credit can ding your credit score.

20. qbubbles says:

Military? Eff Wells Fargo. USAA it up.

21. BeerFox says:

Well, in Wells Fargo’s defense, this is a pretty unprecedented situation. I mean, whoever heard of a surname changing after marriage? It’s not surprising that they have no contingency plan in place for one-off situations like this.

(My one dealing with them had them doing a similar chickens-sans-heads routine for an equally unprecedented situation – attempting to pay off a loan. “Absurd!” they said. “Unheard of – I’ll have to talk to my manager, and we’ll get back to you someday.”)

22. JF says:

I’ve been married over four years and my bank still sends me ATM cards with my maiden name. It is a little annoying, but I only use it to get cash out of the machine and it works fine, so it really isn’t that big of a deal. My credit union said it had to do with the database used to generate the ATM cards being different than the ones linked to the account. Of course, I’ve never really pushed the issue since the card works and that’s all I really care about.

Here’s where it is really odd….. the MasterCard branded debit card they send me has the right name, it’s only the ATM that shows up wrong………

23. Hoss says:

Dump them! Banks like this clearly don’t want retail customers

24. Cantras says:

I did not have this much trouble with my married name, but I also changed my middle name at the same time — and it took 3 or 4 health insurance cards to get one that had my correct last name AND correct middle name.
    And going down to the bank in person after i sent them notarized stuff and they still messed it up, for my debit card. And then calling them when they sent me the correct last name but, as usual, wrong middle initial.

Reportedly *not* changing your middle name causes all sorts of insanity too, with places that assume it will have changed.

• Ben says:

How can *not* changing your middle name cause trouble?

• Cantras says:

whoops. Not changing your maiden name. For that one, at least, I have friends who got married and had to deal with craziness. Maiden. Not middle.

25. asten77 says:

So, why is the URL for this
    “microsoft-expels-canada-from-north-america”?

• asten77 says:

oops, saw someone else pointed that out already. Comments weren’t showing up for me for a while.

26. minneapolisite says:

I’ve banked with Wells Fargo since 2001. I had absolutely no trouble going from my maiden name to my married name in 2006. I know for a fact that I did not do it at the original branch where I opened my account (civilians relocate too, Jennifer). I seem to recall bringing in my old passport, new license, social security card, and marriage certificate, though I don’t think all three documents were required.

If you want to complain about name changing annoyances, don’t start with Wells Fargo. Start with the 3-hour wait at a Social Security office filled with screaming children and bitchy business people who did not do their research and thought they could be in-and-out during their 15 minute lunch break and seem to think a skirt suit is a Golden Ticket to the front of the line.

27. misslisa says:

Wells had software issues with the Wachovia merger and a lot of their data reverted back to old info. When I ordered new checks, they were delivered to an address I haven’t lived at in 6 years. Sure enough, the teller’s screen showed that old address as my current, even though my correct address had been the one showing for the previous 6 years.

And that, my friends, was the last straw of Wells Fargo hassles after 12 years; Chase and I are now happily together :)

28. Derek Balling says:

Seriously, this always bears repeating whenever I hear people fighting with the BorgBank:

Your local Credit Union is – generally speaking – far more likely to care about you as a customer, will give you much better service, and has all or most of the features you’re getting from your BorgBank now.

I can count on one finger the number of times I’ve had complaints about my CU in the last ten years… and still have a finger available for future use. It’s just never happened.

The countless BorgBanks I’ve dealt with? Nightmarish.

Walk away to a CU, you won’t regret it!

29. WoodyD says:

I had a similar problem. I didn’t change my name when I married, yet they put all my (separate) accounts in my first name and my husband’s last name, because the first account we opened was a joint savings. They ignored my real last name and used his. I kept pointing out that the name on the accounts (one joint and two separate in my name) was NOT my legal name and asking them to change it. They kept saying they couldn’t have two different surnames on our joint account, so I was supposed to use his name anyway even though it wasn’t my name. Yes, I closed all our accounts, including the joint one.

30. VA_White says:

Just switch to USAA and be done with it. You should have the second you became a mil spouse. They understand the life in a way no other institution does or ever will. RUN. FAST. NOW. TO. USAA.

31. peebozi says:

she should vote with her feet…leaving Wells Fargo and taking her money to another will deprive The Bank of potentially .000000000000000000054% of their revenue.

Hitting the bank on the bottom line is the only way to get their attention and is the reason the market will work itself out on this one.

32. tape says:

“informs me that the executive office can’t help me either, and I will have to go into the branch where I opened my account”

this is utter crap, for a national bank of Wells Fargo’s size and now-national scope. If I opened my account in Pocatello, Idaho and subsequently move to Charleston, South Carolina (to choose two seemingly random cities in their reach), there is no chance in hell that I’m going back to Idaho to initiate a change of name or address. What if the branch has since closed? You can never change my name? BS.

If I were the OP, I would run, not walk, to the nearest local credit union (or, as a military spouse, possibly the USAA) and transfer all of the money in my Wells Fargo accounts to them.

33. roguemarvel says:

I changed my name with Wells Fargo last year and it I didn’t have an issues. i went down to the local branch (not the one I opened my account since it was 2000 miles away) with my marriage licence and it was changed. Got the new cards shortly after.

I also used to work for their phone bank and know to fix the card there is a form they fill out and send to a department. Thats about all they can do. if it doesn’t fix, not much they can do over the phone…I don’t know why they would keep trying to send you to the branch you opened your account in, it shouldn’t make a difference.

34. AlfredaCosta says:

If you are in the military, go with USAA for banking. You will never look back…

35. Jerkamie says:

Maybe the universe is trying to tell you something

36. TheBigWhiteWolf says:

If you don’t do what I asked then I’m gonna be forced to sit here and take it!

Seriously, vote with your feet and walk to another bank.

37. star_fire23 says:

Sorry if this is a duplicate.
    I too changed my name with WF back in 2006-successfully. I went directly to a local branch (though not the one I opened the account at). I spoke with an account manager, not a teller. All I needed was a certified copy of the marriage certificate.
    That being said, it sounds like there are no WF banches near the OP. She will probably be better off banking with someone who has local branches. I find things get accomplished quicker/with less hassle/correctly if I go into the bank and speak with a person rather than calling a CSR.

38. RStormgull says:

I had a similar experience with them. They refused to let me close an account with no money in it without me walking physically into a branch. At the time, the nearest branch location was hundreds of miles away.

“Sorry sir, you have to go into a branch.”

In this age of e-commerce the above excuse is unacceptable and any bank that still tries to trot that one out should fail.

39. jariten says:

Call, talk to supervisor, get executive phone number. I know they have one because I went through a bunch of crap a couple years ago trying to clear out and close an inactive account that hadn’t been used in ~12 years. I had the same situation…I was military, stationed in Asia, and they told me that I must go to the local branch where I opened the account. That was unacceptable, and nigh impossible as I wasn’t going on a three day journey to a place I have no intention of ever visiting again in my life. The executive group couldn’t do anything themselves, persay, but they had me on the line and talked their way through the customer service chain until someone took care of it. They did this after I told them I was closing the account as well.

40. Darkneuro says:

Military? Move your account to USAA. You’ll get better rates and no BS. And when they ask why you’re moving accounts, tell them flat out “I’ve been working on getting my name changed with you for eons and all you can tell me is ‘go to the branch I opened my account at in 1996′. USAA doesn’t require that and I can bank from anywhere in the world.”

41. Spider Mann says:

If YOU close the account and move to another bank, it doesn’t do diddly to your credit score or ChexSystems. It is only if the bank closes the account.

42. Lucky225 says:

Well you better just produce a Driver Licenses with your maiden name missy, because merchants need to combat fraud and make sure you are you. Where are those naysayers who claim everyone should have an ID to match a credit card, even when signed, in violation of the merchant agreement now? Huh, HUH? This is EXACTLY why I stopped showing ID in the first place, when i got married I took my wife’s name, then found myself unable to use my CONVENIENT piece of plastic because I didn’t have ID to match the card.

43. Oranges w/ Cheese says:

Another vote for USAA. Lucky enough to get on the game thanks to my father, and I’ve never looked back.

Anyone can get in on their outstanding banking, and I hope all of you do! :)

44. chocolate1234 says:

If she’s not quite ready to close her account at this point, can I suggest that she head back into the branch again to talk to a banker in person? I work at a bank, and I’m always suggesting my customers come in to speak with us directly because our customer service department is so terrible. They’re constantly giving my customers the wrong information, and treat them with serious disrespect. I think it’s something about not actually seeing the customer in person that makes them not care. Either way, for anyone having problems getting something done, if at all possible, I’d head into a branch, and no, it does NOT need to be the one you opened your account with!

45. DovS says:

Perhaps you could ask for a compromise: You’ll go into the branch where you opened the account on the condition that Wells Fargo pays for all travel, accommodation, and lost income resulting from a 6000-mile round trip.

46. jbandsma says:

I’ve never used my maiden name at Wachovia, now Wells Fargo, but I found out quite some time ago that I have never been allowed to access our online account in my own name. I have to login with my husband’s, the program greets me as if I was him and otherwise ignores the fact that this is and always has been a joint account. Nobody at either bank has ever seemed to take this seriously, either.

47. maztec says:

Contact Ask_WellsFargo via Twitter. That account was very helpful to me recently after I tweeted a complaint. They took care of my problem, which also required me to go into a branch office (in another state, for someone else’s account, whose mail I kept receiving after numerous returns). They took care of it and all is good now.

And Consumerist would have had that tidbit at hand, if they had accepted my tip a month ago…

Best of Luck!

48. StoicLion says:

Military spouse and she’s NOT with USAA? Now is the time to join one of the best banks in the country.

49. Rectilinear Propagation says:

If the OP is worried that opening and moving her accounts will be a pain she doesn’t even have to do it all at once. Just open a checking account with another bank or credit union (USAA seems to be the way to go). Then, at convenient times of the month start using bill pay with your new account to pay bills instead of the Wells Fargo one. Once you’ve got everything that used to be tied to the WF account tied to the USAA account you can close the WF one, no problem.

50. .b.e.x. says:

I’ve had some issues since they put in a wrong social security number. How does that happen when I hand them my ss card? All the numbers were wrong … it was my husbands! But it was taken care of and our customer representative was awesome. She even shared her starburst.

51. sshickmanaz says:

Yesterday we transferred our business account to Chase after having been with Wells Fargo for 26 years. My husband has is 52 years old and has been with Wells Fargo since he was 16. Next week we will be closing our personal accounts with them. What did they say when we have told them over the last year every time they screwed up or tacked on more fees? “do what you feel you need to do.” It must be in their manual. So feel happy you have left Wells for better options. I will as soon as I complete the process.

52. sshickmanaz says:

53. akiri423 says:

I had the same thing happen with Bank of America. Got two debit cards, an ATM card (not sure what the different there was) and a credit card in the mail with my maiden name on it before I managed to go into the branch enough times to get correct ones. Sigh.