Starbucks Morning Receipt Gets You Afternoon Iced Grande For $2

Starbucks Treat Receipt deal is back, which means that if you bring in a receipt from before 2pm you can get any any iced grande drink after 2pm for $2.

In keeping with Starbucks recent push towards trying to be a little more generous, the deal runs from June 29 to October 4, whereas in years past it hasn’t gone past the summer.

Unfortunately, it still does require that you visit Starbucks twice in one day.

(Thanks to Lynne!)

Comments

1. Eat The Rich -They are fat and succulent says:

Yep, started yesterday. Got the blue reciept. Gave it to a coffee addict friend.

2. Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

Can anyone clarify – does it have to be the same day?

3. danmac says:

God damn the pusher man.

4. leprechaunshawn says:

You gotta watch out though because it’s good for one $2 Grande per receipt, not one per drink on the morning receipt.

5. Southern says:

I taste a caramel mocha in my future. :)

6. Hoss says:

I want a large though, any discount for a large drink??

7. Darrone says:

So if i order at 1:55 and 2pm?

• DadCooks says:

It goes by the time on the POS system which can be fast or slow; so 1:55PM SOL, 2:00:01 OK.

8. Southern says:

Wait, it’s got to be a COLD drink? No hot coffee, no Lattes, no cappuccinos, no mochas?

Heck with that then. Only “iced/cold” coffee I like it McDonalds.

• Mechakoopa says:

That’s your opinion, but then again it is a summer promotion. Who’s getting hot coffee in the middle of the afternoon during the summer unless you live in Seattle and it’s raining all day anyways?

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

I would. It’s freezing in my office. A cold coffee would be great for the walk back to work, but once I get inside, It would be aggravating. I’d rather get a hot coffee because I’ll spend a lot more time in my office than the 10 minutes to walk back from Starbucks.

• elladisenchanted says:

It’s normally rather nice and sunny in the summer.

And for what it’s worth, you’ll find that many stores with more forgiving managers will probably let you have any grande drink for $2 in the afternoon without enforcing the cold requirement.

• chrisdag says:

I used it yesterday for a grande mocha frappachino with an extra shot of espresso. No issues at all.

9. smo0 says:

I give them to the boyfriend…. I usually don’t have time to go to starbux outside of the morning.

Good thing too – I once had my morning coffee at lunch time – I think my co-workers were plotting to kill me.

10. rhys1882 says:

Why did you say “if you bring in a receipt before 2pm”? It’s if you buy a drink before 2pm they stamp your receipt.

11. Stubtify says:

Pretty sure this is 50% a promotion to keep people coming back and 50% to make all baristas ring up drinks properly (and give everyone a receipt).

Very easy to hit that refill button ($.50) and have the register open, harder to do it when people are watching their receipts.

**No I don’t work for them, I just notice whenever a cashier anywhere asks me if I’d like a receipt *before* ringing up a sale.

• starryeyed0806 says:

I don’t understand.

• koalabare says:

He is saying that the baristas hit the ‘refill’ button, which only records a sale of $0.50, then they pocket the difference. Now since customers all want their receipts, this doesn’t work.

• Meikai says:

… Whoah, whoah, whoah! I know there’s unscrupulous types in the world, but… Whoah. It never occurred to me that someone could do that!

Auuugh, sad faaace.

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

Which doesn’t work if you pay with any form of payment other than cash. There’s no reason why a barista would hit the refill button on the off chance that you are paying with cash.

Receipts all end up in the trash can or on the floor, and it’s a waste of paper. If Starbucks doesn’t have to print one, you don’t have to get one. That’s it.

12. GuyGuidoEyesSteveDaveâ„¢ says:

Yet they still won’t give you a discount if you have a coffee cup on your car roof. Where is the justice?

13. george69 says:

wtf is anyone using the nonsense terms. I don’t go there but I’ll be damned if i would talk like an idiot if i did.

14. flipnut says:

time to go dumpster diving.

15. pot_roast says:

This works for us. Once in a while my wife will go in the morning by herself, and the both of us will go later in the evening. I’ll get the grande mocha and she gets iced tea or something. We hang out and enjoy the weather. It’s all good.

16. MrBryan says:

They found a way to sell that mornings stale coffee. Smart.

17. YdoUthinkURright says:

This has been going on at a few starbucks locations for a long time now…years. This looks suspiciously like a paid for Starbucks Ad posted on the site.

• georgi55 says:

But not all location so this is a worthy post. If you have problem with something why not just skip reading especially when you don’t have the facts straight instead of wasting your time replying?