What Do $155K Shoes Look Like? Kinda Like $15 Stripper Heels

When Paul Simon sang “She got diamonds on the soles of her shoes,” we don’t think he was daring anyone to actually make said shoes. But jeweler House of Borgezie has gotten pretty close, slapping over 2,000 diamonds on a pair of stiletto heels and charging $155,000 a pair.

In addition to the 30 carats of sparklers, the Eternal Borgezie Diamond Stiletto is also slathered in gold. But just so you don’t worry about one of the diamonds popping off or the gold getting dinged, each pair comes with a 1,000 year guarantee. So when your great x 12 granddaughter scuffs up the shoes while clubbing on Mars in 2312, she’ll have no need to worry.

The humble jewelers have compared this overpriced pair of hooker heels to a Faberge Egg or King Tut’s Mask.

Here’s how the genius behind the shoe describes it:

To bring the Eternal Diamond Stiletto to life, I quite literally had to reinvent the fundamental principle of classical stiletto construction… The result is not so much a shoe, but rather a fine piece of jewelry that can be miraculously yet practically worn as the ultimate feminine adornment.

Anyone want to chip in a few grand to start a collection? We can each take turns wearing them. It’ll be just like Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, except with foot fungus.

Luxury jeweler House of Borgezie creates $155,000 stilettos made of gold, 2000+ diamonds [NY Daily News]

Comments

1. Eat The Rich -They are fat and succulent says:

I bet they are REALLY uncomfortable.

2. Grasshopper says:

I never heard Paul sing “She got diamonds on the soles of her shows”. I always thought the diamonds were on the soles of her *shoes*.

3. smo0 says:

I’ll wear this with my Victoria’s Secret Million Dollar Bra!

4. Mecharine says:

Powered by the soles of dead orphans.

5. Oranges w/ Cheese says:

I’ve never understood, and probably never will understand objects like these. Granted, the people who purchase them are rolling in it and I’m sure they donate loads of money. But if they’re going to spend it on shit like this, couldn’t they also donate that extra amount to something more.. worthwhile? $155,000 would feed A LOT of people.

• Doubts42 says:

I have never understood people who felt that they had a say in how other people choose to spend their money.

• Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

I have never undestood why people felt entitled to millions of dollars earned by their great grandparents.

• Oranges w/ Cheese says:

*shrug* I just have a really strong ethical streak. And I try not to be materialistic, if possible, so it just doesn’t compute in my head when other people are.

• jurupa says:

Its one thing to have your own ethics/morals. Its another to impose them on someone else, especially when you disagree with their ethics/morals.

• amgriffin says:

More accurately, you are offended that people have a right to an opinion about other people’s spending habits and have the audacity to voice it.

• Eat The Rich -They are fat and succulent says:

But it’s not about feeding other people.

It’s about being the one with the most cool shizzle.

Just look at the car that P-Diddy bought his teenage son. $360,000.00 Maybach for a kid not even out of puberty. He could have fed a lot of folks with that money too.

His response to the negative publicity was basically “Fuck everyone, I will spend my money on what I want to spend it on so shut up.”

Once you start earning money like that, your entire world view changes. You aren’t keeping up with the Joneses anymore.

• evnmorlo says:

That’s really only enough to feed 1 person cake for 30 years.

6. GuyGuidoEyesSteveDaveâ„¢ says:

Stay away from the Apple Store. That will cut through those glass stairs like a glass cutter through a pane of glass!

7. cmdr.sass says:

No one is going to buy those heels. It’s just a marketing device.

8. ames says:

ok, call me whatever you want, but I think those are gorgeous. They’re just a nicely-designed shoe.

Granted, they’d also be gorgeous and more affordable with fake diamonds.

9. raydee wandered off on a tangent and got lost says:

Hey Chris, I’ll go in on these with you. Unless you have like giant monkey clown feet. But I’d pitch in part of the purchase price to see you in diamond-studded heels. And then take pictures for posterity.

10. ames says:

Does every single cent of expendable income have to be donated to charity? Can the rich not just be frivolous with their money once in a while? That $40 DVD box set you bought – well, the $40 could have been given to charity also.

Money is fun. Spending it is fun, when you have it to spend.

• the atomic bombshell says:

NOOOOO! There are orphans in Ethiopia going without diamond shoes RIGHT NOW! If you don’t donate diamond shoes to a poor person you are a MONSTER!!!!

11. NoThankYou says:

This brings a whole new meaning to breaking a strap.

12. AnonymousCoward says:

I think I saw a pair of those in a thrift shop in the Castro the other day.

13. whogots is "not computer knowledgeable" says:

Jeweler != podiatrist/cobbler/foot-health-expert-of-any-kind. And just because you can afford orthopedic surgery doesn’t mean you should want it.

14. Bakergirl says:

I’d slap a Pole Dancer for those….

15. misslisa says:

Wow, these shoes cost precisely what I paid for my house.

16. mythago says:

Those are a little short to be stripper heels.

17. valen says:

I bet you can grind some pavement in these shoes by simply running in place. That is a $155K feature in itself. Awesome.

18. Moosenogger says:

Considering how quickly shoes like that get grungy and disgusting, I wouldn’t want to spend over $20 for them, let alone $155k.

• zifnab0 says:

The woman that buys these will wear them precisely once, because she wouldn’t want to be seen wearing the same shoes twice in a row.

19. christianmarie says:

Uh, $15 stripper shoes? No such thing.

20. B* says:

Love that warranty though.