Burger King All Set For Another Round Of Creepy Xbox 360 Games

Back when the Xbox 360 was just a little baby, Burger King released a slew of $4 video games featuring the off-putting King character that weren’t nearly as bad as you thought they’d be.

Now the fast food chain announced it’s re-upping with a promotion deal — likely to include more games — geared for the Kinect Xbox 360 motion and voice controller, which is due out in November.

A Burger King exec says in a press release “During this year’s promotion, our guests can look forward to an even greater adventure that will stimulate the imaginations of gamers and entertainment-lovers of all shapes and sizes.”

That’s obviously just bluster because no adventure could possibly be greater than Sneak King.

Game Informer]

Comments

1. temporaryscars says:

Ugh, it was bad enough that I actually had to eat the food to get the first three…who am I kidding? I’ll do it again…

2. Kilawat12 says:

Sneak king=great

• Keavy_Rain says:

This is how it was pitched to me, by the 16-year-old girl working behind the counter: “It’s like Metal Gear Solid, but you’re giving people food.” I bought it based solely on that sentence and have never regretted that decision.

3. Ominous Gamer says:

I was 100% on board until they mentioned it was for the bound to fail gimmick called Kinect. :(

• temporaryscars says:

Oh good, guess I don’t have to eat their food after all.

• PlumeNoir - Thank you? No problem! says:

Totally agree, Temp. Interest has totally dropped.

I quite enjoyed Pocketbike Racer. If the controls were tuned a bit more, Sneak King would have been pretty great.

4. The_IT_Crone says:

They have to try pretty hard to beat Sneak King. That STILL draws me back to play it and revel in its glorious ridiculousness.

5. jerry101 says:

Its kind of funny how Burger Kings whole branding strategy is to be so creepy that they make the weird old guy who likes to hang out at the playground staring at the pre-tweens and drives around in an old van with a big bag of candy on the seat look like Mr. Rogers.

6. supergaijin says:

If it *requires* a Kinect, it seems like a promotion bound to fail. No one will want it once word gets out that Kinect doesn’t work if you’re seated and is limited to two active players. Oh, and it’s $150 – more than an XBOX 360 arcade unit.

7. LMacConn says:

I can think of no other game that allowed me to wear the creepiest mask known to man, hide in a pile of sawdust, wait for someone to start using a power saw, jump out at them, and shove a burger down their throat when they opened their mouth in surprise. Popping BK Games into the xbox was like some disturbingly odd bonus level in “Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth”

8. Jerem43 says:

Just to let you know, those three original games sold as many copies of Gears of War did that year…

9. VonAether says:

I want a game featuring the Kingons, damnit.