These twenty-somethings saved money by using paper towels as coffee filters, and, at one point, when there was only old spaghetti in the house, ate a spaghetti omelete every morning. What’s the weirdest, grossest, or sketchiest thing you’ve ever done in an attempt to squeeze a nickel out of a penny? [NYT]
What's The Sickest Thing You've Ever Done To Save Money?
By Ben Popken June 11, 2010
More From Consumerist
- FEMA Asking Elderly, Disabled NYCers In Assisted-Living Home To Pay Back Thousands In Sandy Relief Funds
- Guy Spends $400 Making Fancy Slider, Realizes Truffles & Caviar Don’t Pair Well With White Castle
- Why Does Bending Uncooked Spaghetti Break It Into More Than One Piece?
- Police: Regretful Thief Returns Money To Gas Station Hours After Robbing It, Apologizes
- Pizza Shop Customer Sends Owner Letter Apologizing For Writing Bad Check In 2002, Encloses Money Order