Are You Ready For Your Bacon Latte?

Bacon donuts. Bacon and egg burgers. Bacon cooked in a machine gun. Have we left anything out that might make your breakfast extra-super-bacony? Of course: bacon-flavored coffee! Thanks to the syrup sprites at Torani, this frontier has at last been breached, and bacon lattes are just a stirrer away.

The syrup is available through Torani’s web site for $6.95 a bottle. According to Torani:

“Bacon enthusiasts will recognize the same savory, meaty flavor as authentic bacon in this salty, sweet syrup. Torani Bacon syrup adds savory bacon flavor to cocktails, lattes, sauces and more. Just add 1/2 – 1 oz. of syrup to a 6-8 oz. beverage, and enjoy this innovative new flavor from Torani.”

Torani kindly supplies recipes for such classic beverages as the Bacon Alexander and the Bacon Bourbon Sour, the latter of which includes bacon syrup, lemon juice, bourbon, and a strip of real bacon as a garnish. Yum!

Bacon Syrup [Torani via Gizmodo]

PREVIOUSLY:
Have A Bacon, Egg & Cheese Sandwich On A Bacon, Egg & Cheese Bagel
Cook Bacon In A Machine Gun
Introducing My Downfall: The Bacon Donut

Comments

1. PHRoG says:

Bacon Salt – Check
    Bacon Maple Bar from Voodoo Donuts – Check.
    Bacon Cheesecake Brownies – Check
    KFC Double Down…Loaded with Bacon – Check

Bacon Latte?!?! – Now that’s just crossing the line!

2. Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

Will someone please make me a…. oh.

3. c_c says:

Oh, it already exists. And made w/ real bacon, not fake syrup!

4. speedwell (propagandist and secular snarkist) says:

Amazing. Low-carbers are heavy users of their sugar-free syrups for flavoring baked goods and so forth. I wonder if they’ll come out with a sugar free version.

I wonder if you could use this with a soda spritzer to make a bacon flavored soda.

5. gspdark1 says:

I already get bacon-flavored coffee. Made the mistake of getting it from a coffee cart that also makes breakfast sandwiches, here in NYC.

6. tmed says:

When did we, as a country, turn into the dog from the Beggin’ Strips commercial?

7. bwmcadams says:

My coworker wants to know when we’ll get the option to buy this in Sugar Free.

Also, the question of if it is vegetarian/vegan is apt. (I for one want to know that my bacon syrup was made from real pig)

8. dwohio says:

I am waiting for the new flavor called “50′s Diner”.

Bacon, eggs, cigarette smoke and greasy hash browns with ketchup, all mixed into your cup of morning Joe.

Mmmmm!

• Mr. Fix-It says: "Canadian Bacon is best bacon!" says:

“Y’want cigarettes on that?”

“What do I look like, a Nancy? Yeah I want cigarettes!”

• dwohio says:

Back in the day when men were MEN and had their coffee black, with a cigarette along with a good bacon and egg breakfast, and another cigarette.

How the hell did they stay so skinny back then? Ever notice that?

• Daemon Xar says:

Surprised that there’s not a jelly belly flavor like this . . .

9. Jamie All Over says:

Hmm… I wonder how this would taste mixed with Bakon vodka…

10. mac-phisto says:

meat coffee??!?

we have finally reached the pinnacle of civilization. every idea, every thought, every innovation over the past dozen or so millennia has led to this moment.

i feel so proud!

11. florsie says:

I like bacon, but this is getting out of hand. Bacon latte sounds pretty disgusting to me.

12. Helix Queen says:

Sorry guys, I just can’t get on “bacon wagon” here. I’m not a vegetarian or anything, but the idea of meat flavored coffee is just gross to me. I saw a photo of some Japanese “whale bacon” on a friend’s Facebook page the other day. Now that was weird.

13. Thassodar says:

Torani makes some damn good syrups; our shop has been using them for months. I wonder if we can make that Bacon nutritional shake we’ve been wanting to test now…

14. humphrmi says:

Just in case you want some delicious bacon on this Consumerist story…

15. twophrasebark says:

When are the bacon flavored Life Savers coming?

16. Maseca says:

Torani and DaVinci syrups aren’t just for coffee! I use them all the time in baked goods, or alcoholic drinks. I can definitely see myself using the bacon flavor for things like that.

A bacon bloody mary? Yum.

17. chaesar says:

scary when internet memes breach the real world

18. Daverson says:

Considering that Bacon Salt tastes like low-grade fake-smoke flavored salt (and not at all like bacon) I have very low expectations for this syrup.

• Big Mama Pain says:

It doesn’t taste much of salt, either! I tried some on my popcorn, and it just gave me a bellyache

19. kairi2 says:

Oh man. I love Torani syrups (use them every day in my home made lattes), and I love bacon, but this is just crossing the line. What is next.. fishstick lattes? brussel sprout lattes? slim jim lattes?