Here’s a cool recipe for making your own Pop Tarts at home from SmittenKitchen. Sturdy crust, not soggy filling – the secret is a lil’ thickener – and, according to the author, “the buttery, flaky, no-toaster-required-to-soften-it transcendence the grocery store aisle version can only dream about.” It’s fun, it’s tasty, it’s HFCS-free.
Make Your Own Pop Tarts!
By Ben Popken April 30, 2010
More From Consumerist
- Beer And Breakfast Go Together Like Pop Tarts And India Pale Ale. Wait, What?
- Pop-Up Restaurant Has 60K People Waiting On A List To Eat Twitching Seafood Covered In Ants
- Chipotle Reveals Its Guacamole Recipe To The World
- Why Does Popcorn Pop, Anyway?
- Test Your Memory (And Kill Some Time) With Our Year-End Quiz