It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that the current real estate market is not exactly a seller’s paradise. Nevertheless, there are still a lot of people who need to unload their homes now. The early risers over at Good Morning America put together this video highlighting 5 steps you can take to help your property stand out.
1. Don’t try to make money — Or rather, don’t be greedy. The fastest way to get your house noticed is by pricing it below other listings.
2. Don’t be lazy when it comes to presentation — Get rid of the clutter and personal items that might distract potential buyers.
3. Some photos are priceless — Put together an album of the best photos you have of your house. This will help the realtor in showing off your house at all times.
4. Don’t be cheap when it comes to fixes — Don’t try to cover up the holes in the floor with a rug; get them fixed. A few dollars invested in some new appliances could go a long way.
5. Be there! — No one can sell the home like you can. So try to make yourself available whenever it’s being shown.