The unemployment rate may be near 10%, but what about those who would do more work if they had the chance? Yes, the underemployment rate in this country, which adds to the unemployment count those who work part-time but want to work full time is nearly 20%, according to a Gallup phone poll of 19,800 American adults. Let’s do our own poll. What’s your work situation? Would you work more hours if they were available?
Poll: Are You Underemployed?
By Ben Popken February 23, 2010
More From Consumerist
- Is Comcast Running Manipulative “Push Poll” In Response To Philly Customer Service Study?
- Walmart To Give Nearly 40% Of Employees Pay Increases Over The Next Year
- Poll: Americans Want Eleanor Roosevelt’s Face On New $10 Bill
- Ad Blockers Will Prevent You From Seeing $22B Worth Of Unwanted Ads This Year
- Instacart Gives Shoppers Employee Status, Says It’s To Improve Customer Experience