The unemployment rate may be near 10%, but what about those who would do more work if they had the chance? Yes, the underemployment rate in this country, which adds to the unemployment count those who work part-time but want to work full time is nearly 20%, according to a Gallup phone poll of 19,800 American adults. Let’s do our own poll. What’s your work situation? Would you work more hours if they were available?
Poll: Are You Underemployed?
By Ben Popken February 23, 2010
More From Consumerist
- 69% Of 2013 College Graduates Left With A Degree And An Average Student Loan Debt Of $28,400
- Is Comcast Running Manipulative “Push Poll” In Response To Philly Customer Service Study?
- Poll: 1-In-5 Consumers Say They’ll Die While Still In Debt
- Walmart To Give Nearly 40% Of Employees Pay Increases Over The Next Year
- Poll: Americans Want Eleanor Roosevelt’s Face On New $10 Bill