Consumerist Friday Flickr Finds

Here are eight wonderful photos readers added to The Consumerist Flickr Pool this week, picked for neatness and usability in a Consumerist post. The last one, especailly, was picked. I have no idea how you’re going to make up a story this week, GitEmSteveDave.

(Ninja Pumpkin Pizza Balls)

Woosh!

(besar bears)

new york city man bunny suit 2

(photographynatalia)

Russian Canned Herring

(SA_Steve)

IMG_7168

(TonyT1970)

Anterior Median Eyes of an Adult Female Paraphidippus aurantius

( Thomas Shahan)

kittens in computer

(tomorrowjapan)

Baby picking nose

(Stephen)

Our Flickr Pool is the place where Consumerist readers go and upload photos for possible use in future Consumerist posts. Just be a registered Flickr user, go here, and click “Join Group?” up on the top right, and start hitting “send to group” on your individual photos you want to add to the pool.

Be sure to check out our Photo Gallery to see the latest additions all week long!

Comments

1. Alter_ego says:

two things. One, I do NOT appreciate the lack of warning on the terrifying, vomit inducing, not sleeping tonight giant spider face.

and two, is that the march hare from the syfy channel movie Alice? Because I really liked that movie, but the march hare was super creepy, and I’d probably make that face too if I just saw him on the street.

2. MostlyHarmless says:

Oh todays pool story is WAY too easy and obvious. Im not even gonna try. Except I’ll add a twist.

Basically alient attack and weird shit happens and the freaky shit happens and all that, BUT we suddenly find that it was NOT an alien attack AT ALL! And it was not Ozymandias either. It was THE CATS! But it is too late, and in the closing scenes, we see the acts approaching their next meal… the mentally impaired baby.

• MostlyHarmless says:

Wow SO many typos in a single post. Must be a new record. I plead temporary fridaynity.

• Eyebrows McGee (now with double the baby!) says:

I agree! I’ve got the story all worked out!

The very tiny aliens arrive on a cold winter’s day, fascinated by the snow. The fighters are mustered to counter the alien threat, but some people object to this aggression towards very tiny aliens and costumes representing the aliens become popular on city streets around the world. Soon the aliens were being packaged and sold as food, and the wrought their firey vengeance upon California as an example to the world. The brought their vicious attack spiders down upon us, but the spiders were overcome by specially-trained CIA cyberkittehs. So they shrank down EEEEEEEVEN smaller and hid in Mini McGee’s nose. They will be back … like the next time he sneezes.

(That isn’t Mini McGee, but it’s a cute baby!)

3. HogwartsProfessor says:

Love the alien in the snow, that’s cute.

I know that one is a spider (yeek!) but it has pretty eyes.

The teeth in the can? Omg that is SCARY.

Baby one is very funny and cute!

Great pics, everyone!

4. GuyGuidoEyesSteveDaveâ„¢ says:

It had happened. The Emporer of the Moon and inventor of the Enviroment, Al Gore, had sent his team of moon men to Washington DC to paralyze the United States in a winter storm. I quickly hopped onto a plane down there to speak in front of Congress to mobilize the Government into action. Sadly, I remembered the wrong Jimmy Stewart movie, and confused Harvey with Mr. Smith Goes To Washington. So instead of getting what I wanted, I was just stared at by people who couldn’t figure out why I was dressed as a 6’3.5″ rabbit.

Dejected, I went home and opened my cupboard for something to eat. I had a choice of 7 year old cake mix or “the mystery can”. I chose the mystery can, but as soon as I opened it, I was so scared of the toothed creature inside, I jumped backward and my rabbit costume hit the burner on my stove and caught aflame. I stripped off my suit, but before I could get to a fire extinguisher the curtains and the wall of my hotel room were engulfed. I ran out of the room and to safety.

As I walked through the woods, rejected by Congress, out my security deposit on my rabbit costume, and feeling down, I was confronted by a spider. We talked and she decided the only way I would get heard by the world was if the news media covered a story featuring me. She ordered some nearby kitties to go scour the internet to find a cute picture that she could weave in her web. Sadly, the best pictures the kittehs could find was a baby giving the middle finger while picking its nose. It only got picked up by Good Day NY, and since no one cursed, the only world wide coverage was on tv.gawker.com.

I failed.

5. Viciouspixie says:

lol clearly that little tot has a promising future.. already multitasking at such a young age – chewing on finger and picking nose all at the same time!

on the other hand the freaky herring with teeth.. *shudder* In Mother Russia the Herring eats you.

6. shanelee24 says:

im sorry getemsteve, but i find it sad that as a commenter your as noticed on this site as you are. what do you do for a living, and how do i get that job? id love the spare time.

• badhatharry says:

I’m sorry, shanelee, but I find it sad that you feel you have to insult someone who has never said anything offensive to you. I find it sad that you feel you have to insult someone who exercises their creativity by coming up with a story that matches a random series of photos each week. I find it sad that you seem to be the only person who does not find this entertaining. I find it sad that you have to take time out of what must be a most busy schedule just to point out your disappointment in someone who you do not know, will most likely ever meet, and whose actions will never effect your life in any way whatsoever. I find it sad that the anonymity of the internet allows such actions to go unchecked. I guess, ultimately, I find you sad.

• MostlyHarmless says:

I would SOOOO heart you right now if I could.

• badhatharry says:

We can’t have friends on here anymore? I haven’t really been to this site that much after the big changeover.

• Kimaroo - 100% Pure Natural Kitteh says:

That was awesome. Gitemstevedave is so special that he’s the only one of us that actually managed to get a Labcoat. And he was the first one I ever followed (no joke). This place wouldn’t be the same without him.

• badhatharry says:

Also, I find it sad that you do not know the difference between “your” and “you’re.”