A research group polled workers and discovered something utterly unsurprising: there are a lot of things that annoy people about their jobs. Most of these involve co-workers behaving obnoxiously.
1. Grumpy or moody colleagues (37 percent)
2. Slow computers (36)
3. Small talk/gossip in the office (19)
4. The use of office jargon or management-speak (18)
5. People speaking loudly on the phone (18)
6. Too much health and safety in the work place (16)
7. Poor toilet etiquette (16)
8. People not turning up for meetings on time or at all (16)
9. People not tidying up after themselves in the kitchen (15)
10.Too cold/ cold air conditioning (15)
My all-time greatest workplace annoyances were a co-worker who smeared what I can only hope were her own feces on the walls of the bathroom stalls, and an officemate who couldn’t function without phoning her significant other several times per hour and professing her love at least three times per call. Those were different jobs, thank goodness.