In a little less than 12 hours, over 300 skeptics throughout the U.K. will protest the homeopathic medicine industry there by deliberately overdosing on full bottles of homeopathic pills, which technically don’t contain any molecules of the active ingredient. The group’s goal is to highlight the fact that homeopathic cures are about as scientifically valid as your horoscope. I’m all for stunts, but don’t they know that they’ll likely suffer from the memory of an OD? That’s how this stuff works, you know.
Mass Homeopathic Overdose Planned For Tomorrow!
By cwalters January 29, 2010
More From Consumerist
- Teen Shoppers Can Get Drunk Without ID On CVS Homeopathic Laxative
- Pediatricians Say Using Teaspoons & Tablespoons For Kids’ Medicine Leads To Overdoses
- Soccer Team Requires Fans To Scan Hands Before Entering Games
- What’s The Difference Between AM And PM Cold Medicine, Anyway?
- Do You Have Cold Symptoms? Don’t Reach For Zinc