Tomorrow, YouTube will start renting online movies at $4 for 48 hours. At launch, the selection will consist of five titles from the upcoming Sundance Film Festival, says the Associated Press, but Google hopes to get studios on board in the coming months. Studios will be able to set their own prices and rental periods, however, should they participate.
YouTube To Rent Movies
By cwalters January 21, 2010
More From Consumerist
- Amazon To Make Movies For Theatrical Release, Because Why The Heck Not?
- Star Wars Films To Finally Become Digital Downloads
- Walmart Launches Digital Video Service So Customers Who Still Buy Blu-rays, DVDs Will Redeem Digital Copies
- High Number Of Oscar Screeners Hit Pirate Sites
- Sony Realizes There’s Money To Be Made In Sharing Spider-Man With Rest Of Marvel Universe