Hollywood Video Giving Away Free Kids

I’m going to grab a bunch and resell adopt them out for extra money in 2010. Thanks to Kevin, who snapped the pic and who adds, “I know Hollywood Video isn’t probably doing that hot with the advent of Netflix, but I’m not sure if this is the way to go.”

123109-003-free-kids.jpg

Comments

1. segfault, registered cat offender says:

What age? I can get them $10-15,000 for selling an infant.

2. Rectilinear Propagation says:

Man, that’s not even a paper thing made up at the store. That looks like the kind of poster they might get from corporate.

3. jeffbone says:

Can I trade them a couple of twenty-somethings for some cute toddlers?

On second thought, never mind. I’m not gonna go through being the parent of teenagers again.

4. rwalford792 says:

Maybe its like “Save Darfur” you know… “FREE KIDS”.. Are the kids in Hollywood Video Prison? Maybe they are giving away copies of the 1995 movie “KIDS” Who knows :)

5. dourdan says:

what does the last two lines say?

6. Guppy06 says:

Free Tibet! (with purchase)

7. shawnr3150 says:

they have these posters at movie gallery (owned by the same company as hollywood video) too, theres a very small selection of kids movies that are free to rent.

8. Smashville says:

Chris, I love the tags.

What does the small print underneath say?

I could see this being one of those “SEX!…now that I have your attention”

• Applekid ┬──┬ ノ( ã‚œ-゜ノ) says:

Free Kids!*

(* With purchase of a surly teenager)

9. DoubleEcho says:

I call false advertising – kids are absolutely not free. My daughter cost $14,000 and change in her first year alone and they both cost like $500/month in day care costs. Not to mention what I spend on Mr. Clean Magic Erasers and new shoes and jeans seemingly every 2 weeks (apparently feeding them makes them grow).

I didn’t see small print or a disclaimer anywhere on that poster either. Shame on them.

• PølάrβǽЯ says:

I wholeheartedly concur! I keep telling my wife we need to trade ours in for more efficient models so they won’t require so much damn food!

• Kitamura says:

You’re mistaking the upkeep fees. The kid itself was free, it’s just maintenance and accessories that’s driving you into the ground :D

10. Red Cat Linux says:

This is what should happen to unattended children raising havoc in stores.

Perhaps to save money they are recycling farm or produce signs? Free goat kid with the purchase of a 20 lb adult goat…

11. Niphil says:

It’s not made clear in the sign, but this is a new thing from corporate. One movie from the Kids Section (with the proper sticker on it) is a free rental for 5 days.

12. james says:

I’ve been waiting since 1980 for UPS to deliver my Free Nelson Mandela.

13. PølάrβǽЯ says:

You’re not supposed to round up and give away kids found wandering the store, you’re just supposed to give them an espresso and a puppy/kitten and give them back to their parents.

14. subtlefrog says:

But I don’t want kids. If I go to Hollywood Video, does that mean I am saddled with Free Kids for the next 18 years?

15. Mom2Talavera says:

That’s funny, maybe they meant to say “free kids movie rentals”

16. Bob says:

The top line says “SEE STORE FOR DETAILS”. Just below that it says “See store for details”. Another example of the fine quality of Hollywood Video/Movie Gallery.