Another Snuggie Hybrid: The Bathrobe Jumpsuit Blanket Thing

Sometimes I say to myself, “I like to wear a bathrobe and sweatpants around the house, but putting on two different articles of clothing is too much work.” Peering into the minds of people like me who are cold, lazy, and have given up entirely on the outside world, JC Penney has introduced the Snuggle Suit.

Not only is this amazing item available right now, it’s on sale for only $19.99! Much to Cintra Wilson’s dismay, however, it is not available in plus sizes.

Snuggle Suit
[JCPenney.com] (Thanks, Designersheets!)

Comments

1. DrGirlfriend says:

I love her pose, especially that she’s standing on tiptoe in order to get that full 70’s-leisurewear-catalog look.

• dorianh49 says:

Anyone invented something for covering up the aftermarks of amorous rednecks? If not, then PATENT PENDING on the Hickie(tm), baby!r text…

2. phospholipid says:

Hey, sweats and robes are cool again.

3. tchann says:

I…would totally get this. But only if it’s made out of terrycloth.

4. veg-o-matic says:

This garment is useless without attached feet and hands.

5. opticnrv says:

Okay…here’s a prediction for the next step in Snuggie evolution…one of these suits with the feet in them (like a baby’s onesy)

6. parkj238 says:

Hideous…. I’m waiting to see this on the People of Walmart website.

7. G.O.B.: Come on! says:

They’ve done it. They’ve made a Snuggie onesie.

*Universe explodes*

8. EdnaLegume says:

Looks like nothing more than a major wedgie factory.

9. Sunflower1970 says:

At least a bathrobe and sweats makes it easier to go to the bathroom…

10. dwb says:
    • catastrophegirl chooses not to fly says:

oh man, the full text on that is hilarious:
      “it’s deliciously sexy on her, smoothly good looking on him.”
      “there’s a rope waistband and ankle rope-ties [for extra warmth] on hers; a sturdy fabric belt on his”
      -wait, so only the women can get the 1970’s bondage snuggie?

11. Sunflower1970 says:

At least when wearing a bathrobe and sweats it’s easier to go to the bathroom…

12. Smiley says:

I’m going to wear this on the airplane if they wont let me have a blanket.

• David in Brasil says:

That’s exactly what I was thinking. I often fly back and forth from the US to Brasil and that 11 hour trip gets cold without a blanket. Problem solved.

13. cash_da_pibble says:

Am I the only one who won’t complain if they had got this for Christmas from their parents?

‘Cause I totally wouldn’t buy it myself.

14. Shoelace says:

PJs with a belt, though they do look nice and soft.

If, like the model, the women wearing them are going to fix up their hair and put on makeup then shouldn’t they just get dressed?

• catastrophegirl chooses not to fly says:

but the time it takes to do the makeup and hair is why they haven’t time to put on real clothes

15. EtherealFlame says:

Because like all women, I want to have to get totally naked from the rack down in order to empty my bladder. Amen for bladder control. This is almost as bad as those hideous crotchy snap shirts that were popular “back in the day”.

• HogwartsProfessor says:

At least with those you didn’t have to get undressed to pee, although it was a pain to resnap.

• EtherealFlame says:

That is true but god forbid they ever shrank in the wash. Lift arms. Get front to back wedgie surprise!

• Dafrety says:

Do I want to know what “hideous crotchy snap shirts” are? I’m imagining those baby one piece things without legs, but it sounds worse than that.

• clickable says:

Bodysuits. And how lucky you are, child, to live in an age when you don’t know what those are. Although they’re still around, actually, even at Victoria’s Secret and other catalogs. Google and you shall see. Like a blouse or sweater extended into a leotard, so that you wouldn’t have to worry all day about keeping your blouse tucked in to your skirt or pants. And they put snaps in the crotch so you could take bathroom breaks without getting undressed.

16. frodolives35 says:

Didn’t Elvis have one of those in purple?

• EtherealFlame says:

I’m pretty sure several of the cast of Saturday Night Fever were sporting the same style, only in some form of polyester or another.

17. SaraFimm says:

I’d rather have “The Bundler” that a previous poster provided the website link to than this polyester fuchsia monstrosity. I mean … come on! Just give me a pair of sweats AND DEARFOAM BOOTIES.

18. Blow a fuse? I can fix that... says:

I realize that bringing aesthetics into this is misguided, but I’d totally buy one if only I could order it in a less wanna-poke-my-eyes-out-with-a-fork color than the hot pink of the photo.

19. thisistobehelpful says:

If it doesn’t have feeties on the bottom it’s just not worth it.

20. flipnut says:

This is what happens when you have warehouses full of terry cloth greige fabric and no one is buying towels.

21. Keep talking...I'm listening says:

You too can look like a Muppet for the low low price of 19.99

Above lady is a pair of googly eyes short of Telly Monster from Sesame Street.

22. ElizabethD says:

That’s so heinous it’s fab.

23. dg says:

JCPenney has been selling crap like this for as long as I can remember. Someone, somewhere, walked into a warehouse and said “hey, wonder what this is…WOW! 1970’s style terry cloth jumpsuits! Yeah babay! No production, no shipping costs! PURE PROFIT!”

Google for their old catalogs – it’s hillarious…

24. subtlefrog says:

I have to admit that I read this article without looking at the author, and part of me hoped against hope that it was one of Chris’. I love you Laura, but the hilarity of Chris saying to himself “I like to wear a bathrobe and sweatpants around the house, but putting on two different articles of clothing is too much work.” is just too much.

Or maybe I’m just strange that way.

25. henrygates3 says:

Woohoo! A romper for adults. I want one with a picture of a truck on the front.

26. TeraGram says:

I’m willing to bet I see some trailer park inhabitants wearing this at the local grocery store by the end of January.