Personal Finance Roundup

It’s More Important to Be Happy Than to Be Rich [Get Rich Slowly] “While it’s certainly true that money can help you achieve your goals, provide for your future, and make life more enjoyable, merely having money doesn’t guarantee happiness.”

Nine Simple Things to Do to Get Ready for Tax Season Right Now! [The Simple Dollar] “There are many things we can do – starting right now – to make things easier for us when we actually file.”

10 lessons from a dismal decade [MSN Money] “Before we put the pain behind us, consider what we’ve learned.”

10 Best Financial Books of the Year [Smart Money] “Here are choices from our editors and writers for top books of the year.”

What You Need to Know About Roth IRAs in 2010 [Wise Bread] “A crash course in what exactly has changed in 2010 regarding the Roth IRA conversion opportunity and why it matters to you.”

FREE MONEY FINANCE (Photo: Lisa Brewster)

Comments

1. Rectilinear Propagation says:

Usually an article about happiness being more important than money would be berating people for wanting more money at all. It’s nice to see one where they don’t criticize people for wanting more money.

• theblackdog says:

Agreed, plus they point out how you can use money and stuff to get the experiences that bring happiness. Case in point, if you love roller coasters, you drop the cash for a season pass to nearby parks. The pass brings you the experiences of getting to spend the day at the park and the experience of riding favorite roller coasters or even new ones. That’s way fun.

2. Excuse My Ambition Deficit Disorder says:

Nice list, I’m going to have check out many of the books. I love it when people say “It’s More Important to Be Happy Than to Be Rich”, it just so happens they usually have money or at least are living in comfort. Try telling someone who can’t afford to buy clothes or food and living pay check to pay check this.

• Eyebrows McGee (now with double the baby!) says:

Well it doesn’t say “it’s more important to be happy than fed,” it says happy than RICH, which is a horse of a different color.

• baquwards says:

agreed. There was a time when I thought that having things made me happy, then I went through total financial devastation and learned that money had nothing to do with happiness. I am happier now than I have ever been, with a whole lot less money and a tight budget.

It also helps to have found my soul mate.

• mopman64 says:

Chowder, you jsut said a mouth full.