Snuggie Mates With Snowpants, Evolves Legs

Japan has raised the stakes in the couch potato wars, and is producing a sleeping bag with legs. It’s like a snowsuit. For grown-ups. Except you can’t use your arms.

Come to think of it, it’s sort of the opposite of a Snuggie.

500x_rtrto.jpg

The Japanese Snuggie Devolves Humans Into Giant, Two-Legged Tadpoles [Gizmodo]

Comments

1. Dafrety says:

It’s so adorable! I’ll take two.

2. GuyGuidoEyesSteveDaveâ„¢ says:

Still doesn’t come close to the cuteness, warmth, and just plain coolness of the Taun Taun Sleeping bag. Besides it being all the things above, it’s also a geek chick MAGNET. Or so I was told.
    Img: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u45/gitemstevedave/TaunTaun/?action=view&current=jerseycam32.jpg

• Alter_ego says:

I’d crawl into a taun taun sleeping bag with you!

• Tankueray says:

Yes, I’m going to have to say I would as well.

GitEmSteveDave fascinates me, in a scary kind of way. As long as I got to take the Taun Taun bag with me in the morning…

**Not stalking SteveDave** I’m just a fan I guess.

• subtlefrog says:

& @ Alter_Ego I’m gonna guess that stalking GESD would be ok. Unless you were a scary stalker. If you were a nice stalker, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind. Just saying. He IS single…

• GuyGuidoEyesSteveDaveâ„¢ says:

& @Tankueray ::Blushes::

• Hyman Decent says:

D: SAVE THE TAUNTAUNS!

• Darkneuro says:

Yes, it *is* a geek chick magnet. We want to be close to the taun taun and share in its loverly warmth and guts.

• magic8ball says:

I want to know what it smells like. And whether it smells worse on the inside than it does on the outside.

• SaraFimm says:

I’ll sleep in the bag with you, too! I guess we’ll need a really BIG Taun Taun if more people want to sleep with you.

3. Fujikopez says:

Oh my goodness, I can’t stop laughing!

4. dguralnick says:

You know… for kids.

5. tbax929 says:

Why doesn’t it have arms? So strange.

6. Leela says:

My niece wants it. I gave her a Snuggie for her birthday last July and she loves it. In fact she wants another one to sleep in.

7. KTK1990 says:

Reminds me of a sleepover at a friends house a few years (like 9 or 10). We could have so used that, we just had to settle with putting the sleeping bags on ourselfes (upside down) and I ended up walking into a wall, and someone else knocked over a lamp.

8. HogwartsProfessor says:

That is completely bizarre. But then, Japan has cornered the market on bizarre!

9. floraposte says:

If the larval stage is this scary, what happens when it pupates?

10. YouDidWhatNow? says:

Would someone tell me just exactly WTF is wrong with Japan? Why do they keep coming up with this stuff? WHY!?

11. dunkinbean says:

Excuse me, may I pass through here?

12. H3ion says:

His feet are going to be really cold. Hope he doesn’t get frostbite.

13. H3ion says:

His feet are going to be really cold. Hope he doesn’t get frostbite. Some company used to make something that looked like miniature ear muffs. They were intended to be used as a nose warmer. They made just about as much sense.

14. bizzle says:

Errr… how will that guy zip up the legs? I see no front zipper (unless it’s hidden from view in the picture ) and I see no way to get an arm out except through the head hole.

15. subtlefrog says:

I really *really* object to the “Tadpole” comparison that Gizmodo made.Tads are cute and wriggly. This is just f’ing scary.

16. stuckinms says:

Why not just make arms on it, too? Oh, well then it would be a snowsuit, and it couldn’t really be marketed a new item.

17. Brazell says:

this is awesome. Weird, but awesome.

18. Tankueray says:

Put some arms on this an I could do it. But then I could also just wear my coveralls…but they’re all greasy and stuff. I was just sitting around today all warm except my ankles.

Today, we got a **freaking blizzard** in Texas! Yesterday it was 60 degrees. Like 3″ of snow, WTF!? There were actual blizzard warnings on the news! I have never seen that in 3 decades of living here. But I think the NWS has gone limp, when I was little a tornado warning meant “GTF out now!!!”, now they say it whenever they see something swirly on the radar.

again, off my lawn!

I know I’m getting old when the neighbors having a party bothers me and they are 20 years older… I live next to my grandparents, and they know the neighbors; I’ve never met them. I was walking across the field yesterday and I swear he came into the driveway to talk to me with some lame excuse just so he could check me out. I’m freaking cute, but the lame excuse was god awful. He’s got that GitEmSteveDave handsome thing going on, but I know he’s not as interesting. ;-)

19. zippygaelle says:

Without armholes, how do you zip yourself in? Could be a problem if one has to pee in a hurry . . .

20. whylime says:

Obviously they didn’t hear about the Selk Bag:

• lim says:

Thank you. I couldn’t remember what this was called. Unfortunately it looks like international orders are temporarily unavailable.

21. bananaboat says:

You’ll need a medical alert device. Help! I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!!

22. rockasocky says:

Hope this stops everyone’s brain from imploding, but my understanding of the accompanying text is that the purpose of the legs is so you can get up and run away if a bear comes in the middle of the night.

It’s still dumb, but at least it’s SOME reason for the legs.

• Sumtron5000 says:

And when you fall down, writhing in the dirt like a turtle on it’s shell, the bear thinks you’re a tasty pig in a blanket

• SunnyLea says:

This quite literally made me laugh out loud.

Yeah, I don’t run too well without arms, either. Actually, I’ve hit that stage where I can’t even get up off the ground without arms, so I’d just be flailing about like a tasty snack from the get-go.

23. JackieEggs says:

Six more legs and it makes a great octopus costume for Halloween :-)

24. FooSchnickens - Full of SCAR says:

This same kinda thing has been available in the camping world for years. They make them with arms, too so that you can stay in your sleeping bag and prepare meals/gear before getting out and exposing yourself.

Don’t knock it ’til you need it.

25. Maous says:

I foresee many, many smashed-in noses from people fumbling around in this and falling forward, unable to stop the fall with their arms.

Great gift ideas for a few people I know, now that I think about it…

26. Rena says:

It looks like something that belongs in Super Mario Bros 2.

I’ve got a great idea though. I’ll take one of these and attach arms to it. It’ll be just like wearing a winter jacket and snow pants, except… well…

27. mondecho says:

Judas…!!! Yeah, so I guess if you are going to behave like a couch potato then you should dress like a potato too.

28. CapitalC says:

Totally awesome. I

29. Red Cat Linux says:

Am I the only person who looked at the guy walking and thought: Domo!