Do Not Retaliate For Bad Customer Service With Bomb Threats

Protip: The best way to deal with poor customer service from a mall is not to turn around and call in a bomb threat. From your office phone. Without blocking caller ID. Yes, a man in a Salt Lake City suburb allegedly did that.

Dispatchers traced the call back to Mountain West Material in Murray. Detectives found the man still sitting at his desk, and the Gateway numbers he allegedly had just called were still on his phone screen, [Detective Pat] Wilkinson said.

The man was arrested for making terrorist threats.

Crank call to Gateway mall from lands man in jail, police say [Deseret News]

Comments

1. RecordStoreToughGuy_RidesTheWarpOfSpaceIntoTheWombOfNight says:

Srsly. Use a payphone. Or use the phone that belongs to that co-worker who’s always stealing your lunch out of the office fridge.

2. zigziggityzoo says:

Uh… wow, that was pretty darn stupid.

3. dohtem says:

lmao! He will be spending Christmas with Big Bob!

4. StatusfriedCrustomer says:

Wow is right… One would think this type of threat would be so common that police would just ignore it – like when you call the police because a car alarm is going off.

5. tbax929 says:

Before I read the article, I thought this was a bomb threat made to Gateway computers, which I totally would have understood. I would have posted sooner, but my Gateway computer is a POS that gets hung up for minutes with no apparent reason.

Since it was a mall he threatened to bomb, I got nothing.

6. mondecho says:

Not shocking considering everybody who shops at the Gateway is an absolute idiot. C’mon… it is 20 degrees outside six months out of the year and we decided to build an OUTDOOR MALL??? Who came up with that brilliant idea? Put The Gateway on the short list of things about Salt Lake that I absolutely hate. And yes, I live here. And yes, I know if I don’t like it I can move, but this is where my house and my job is, so I guess that makes me stuck for awhile…

7. H3ion says:

I would prefer a bomb threat to an actual bomb. The guy is still an idiot.

8. Lucky225 says:

roflz

9. flipnut says:

just leave unattended boxes and backpacks laying around the mall. Now that’s fun.

10. catastrophegirl chooses not to fly says:

the only thing surprising to me about this is that it wasn’t from florida, where most of the good ‘least competent criminals’ stories on news of the weird come from.