Consumerist Friday Flickr Finds

Here are eight wonderful photos readers added to The Consumerist Flickr Pool this week, picked for neatness and usability in a Consumerist post. Also, be sure to check out our new Photo Gallery to see the latest additions all week long!

by JDAC

Low-budget Batmobile

by Cranky Media Guy

Shubert Theatre

by nixter

by ukanda

FOG 060

by scenemissingmagazine

blur

by digitizedchaos

Dunked Donuts

by marcus_in_ny

Day 344/365 - Seasonal Help

by Great Beyond

Our Flickr Pool is the place where Consumerist readers go and upload photos for possible use in future Consumerist posts. Just be a registered Flickr user, go here, and click “Join Group?” up on the top right, and start hitting “send to group” on your individual photos you want to add to the pool.

Note that if you want them to have a shot at ending up on the Consumerist Friday post, you’ll need to open up your sharing settings on your Flickr account so we can grab the HTML from the “Share This” tab. Sorry, but that’s the only way to get Flickr and Consumerist to play with each other.

Add your shots to The Consumerist Flickr Pool, and perhaps they’ll get featured in a future story, or even highlighted in a Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool Finds post. See previous winners of the Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool finds here.

Comments

1. El_Fez says:

Of course the Santa and Grim Reaper one really only works with the caption:

[i]Look, I know the economy is bad and everything, but I just don’t think you’re right for the position. Sorry.[/i]

2. Kimaroo - 100% Pure Natural Kitteh says:

YAY! Two that actually made me say “AWW!” out loud. The first one with the mobile hamster, and the one with the teeny kitten. So cute.

3. GuyGuidoEyesSteveDaveâ„¢ says:

OK, lets see if we can get a narrative going involving all the pictures.

So I was driving my new loaner car, because my batmobile was in the shop. I was headed to the Schubert theater, when I saw my friend Kahn crying. I asked him what was wrong and he told me that he was walking down the street, looking at the buildings, when a gang of ice skaters came up and he was so scared, he dropped his doughnut on the wet ground.

I looked at him and said, “Kahn, you can’t let your fear of ice skaters rule your life. I used to be afraid of death and Santa Claus, but after some therapy and some meds, I’m feeling MUCH better now.”

• Laura Northrup says:

Clearly you need to do this every week.

• mac-phisto says:

This is clearly episode 44 of the original Batman series: “Joker makes a cat call”

(1) Robin was cruising around looking for the bat, when he stumbled upon him downing 40’s in a strip mall parking lot.
      (2) “Batman!”, he said, “Sober up! Joker’s taken a theatre full of hostages & I don’t know what he plans on doing with them!” “To the theater, Robin!” [cue spinning batman logo] da-da da-da da-da da-da, Batman!
      (3) & (4) “Holy Hairballs, Batman! He’s going to make them watch Cats until their eyes bleed! We must do something!”
      (5) Batman shoots a grapple line to the theatre’s upper floors. Batman & Robin crash thru the window.
      (6) [fight scene] BOOOOM! CRASH! AAIEEEEEEE! POW! ZAP!
      Batman & Robin stand over a bruised & beaten Joker“We got him, Batman!” “We sure did, Robin. I guess you could say you’re the canary that swallowed the cat!” [cue laughtrack] [end scene]

meanwhile, on the set, a donut drops to the floor (7).
      (8) Reaper Extra: “you gonna eat that?”
      Santa Extra: “why not? it’s not likely to kill me”
      Reaper Extra: “no, but i might.”
      [cue laughtrack; fade to black]

4. Jonbo298 says:

It’s like Zhu Zhu Pets, only with 100% more responsibility!

5. JDAC says:

(Consumerist) fame at last!

6. Paladin_11 says:

The Grim Reaper and a vampire Santa Claus. (he’s wayyyy too skinny…) Where’s Billy and Mandy? We need them to save Christmas!

7. Dustbunny says:

The cute hammie pic makes me happy. Then the abandoned, lonely donut pic makes me sad.

8. HogwartsProfessor says:

Ooh, skaters!

We had our Christmas ice show today. I didn’t fall down this time! Woo! :)

That hamster in the car is the cutest thing ever.

9. bitsnbytes says:

I don’t know if the artist intended it, but some doughnuts deserve to be compared to dog poop.

10. Winteridge2 says:

That batmobile has been following me…..