Recent Class Action Settlement Roundup

Motorola handsets, cell phone ringtones, BP propane, Sony VAIO laptops, and the hormone replacement medication Estratest: if you purchased any of these items, you could be eligible for some recently settled class actions. Are you? Well, there’s only one way to find out.

Motorola phone chargers: Certain Motorola phones, mostly those produced between 2000 and 2006, allegedly had flawed charging ports and were difficult or impossible to charge. If you were one of them, file your claim here.

Ringtones and other mobile content (all carriers, various companies): if you were billed for ringtones or other mobile content you didn’t authorize any time before October 10, 2009, check to see whether the company behind it is part of this class action. You can look up the shortcode that appears on your phone bill at the settlement administrator’s site.

Sony VAIO GRX laptops: This class action is for people who experienced problems with the motherboards of these computers, and paid for repairs. Your cash award will differ according to the purchase and repair dates.

BP Propane: This was price-fixing class action against resellers of BP propane. Must have been purchased between certain dates in 2003 and 2004.

Estratest: Anyone outside of California who purchased Estratest hormone replacement tablets since 1998 is eligible for this class action, which was about the marketing of the product.

Comments

1. CompyPaq says:

My Motorolla phone that I had several years ago was difficult to charge because of the design of the charge port, but I didn’t think that anyone would sue over it.

2. "I Like Potatoes" says:

I’ve been using one of the Motorola phones included in the lawsuit for four years. Never had a problem with charging it and it still keeps a decent charge, too. Never felt the need to upgrade – of course, I’m one of those people who only uses a mobile phone for calling people (not taking pictures, using the internet, or as a GPS). Just call me “old fashioned”.

3. Chris J. Stone says:

I was concerned when I didn’t see a comma in the phrase “BP propane Sony VAIO laptops.” Having a VAIO (but not a GRX), I was worried there were reports of exploding batteries or something. lol

4. rihan says:

Well that explains a lot about the phone. I have an E815 and have had it for 4 years now….man was the charger ever picky as to location and if the battery ever got way down, it took so much poking and prodding to get it going again. I’ve just gotten used to it over time, never thought much of it to actually try to call Motorola though.

5. cmdr.sass says:

And when is the deBeers diamond settlement going to be finalized? Oh that’s right … never.

6. Verucalise (Est.February2008) says:

Hey, we are eligible to use the Motorola one… owned about four 815 models before we realized it was just the phone design.

7. pecan 3.14159265 says:

I looked through the “Exhibit A” list of phones covered under the Motorola settlement, and maybe it’s early and I haven’t had enough coffee, but can anyone tell me whether the Motorola Razr V3m is covered? We had that for a while and it was terrible, and we had all sorts of problems.

8. Toof_75_75 says:

I have an E398 that is covered. Had it for a long time now and it just started having issues with charging in the last few months. I plug the charger in and nothing happens or sometimes it says “Unable to Charge.” Guess this explains the issue.

9. TechnoDestructo says:

Tiffa130’s notebook is going to die an early death. The most likely reason for that cat to be sitting on that computer is that it is putting out a lot of heat, and that’s going to kill her notebook.