Register Now For The Consumers Union Activist Summit

Would you like to learn how to bring about legislative action in Congress and in your own state to protect consumers? Registration is now open for the Consumers Union Activist Summit, running Feb 9-11 in Washington D.C. The Consumerist gang will be there!

The conference is a great chance to convene with other advocates and activists fighting for a fair and just marketplace. Speakers, workshops, and presentations, including some from Consumerist’s own Meghann Marco, Ben Popken, Alex Chasick and Marc Perton, will give you the tools and connections you need to make a difference.

Registration
Workshop Sessions
Invited Speakers
Scholarship Program

Comments

1. blogger X says:

Hey Ben, does “tools” mean a spiffy Consumerist Labcoat?

2. pecan 3.14159265 says:

Feb. 9 to 11? That’s Tuesday to Thursday…ya know, most of us have jobs…I was all excited, and I was going to register, and then I realized that it was during the week.

3. Evil_Otto would rather pay taxes than make someone else rich says:

Oh good. Being all in one place means that the elected officials can ignore you all at once, instead of individually. They’re busy people after all, cashing all those campaign contribution checks from big business takes time.

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

Maybe one of the workshops will be on how to properly write an EECB, and they’ll collectively send it to one business all at once, thus bringing down that business’ servers, and causing a ruckus. They’ll probably get their own sensationalized headline on the Washington Post homepage.

4. Eyebrows McGee (now with double the baby!) says:

Maybe I’ll send my sister disguised as me.

Also? when you look at the schedule, it says “pew pew pew pew pew pew pew!” (imagine laser finger guns)

• Alex Chasick says:

CU works with Pew on food safety issues. Whenever I go to meetings at Pew or with people from Pew, I’m thinking about laser guns the entire time.

5. theblackdog says:

Will there be a consumerist bar meetup?

6. MooseOfReason says:

So, Consumer Reports isn’t unbiased?