Reach American Airlines Customer Service

American Airlines unpublished customer service number is 817-963-1234. Press 00 and say “agent” to get an operator. Don’t press 3, because that’s just a trick.

Comments

1. TVarmy says:

Andy Kaufman is in charge of AA’s customer service? Explains a lot.

2. klwillis45 says:

Is David Berkowitiz in the ad to promote their killer deals?

3. idip says:

Did anyone else notice the new Time Warner Cable commercials?

“I am Time Warner Cable”

and

“Yo soy Time Warner Cable”.

4. SecretAgentWoman says:

I couldn’t help myself, I just had to call and press “3”…and now I can’t find my cat! Damn you, American Airlines!

5. Hawkins says:

When saying “agent,” it helps if you scream it. Like four times.

Also, when the robot says, “Before I connect you, is this about travel entirely within the United States?”, it will connect you more quickly if you yell “Just connect me to a fucking human!” as loudly as possible.

I know these things because this is how I usually end up communicating with their voice-recognition software.

6. enabler says:

On select transatlantic flights, Richard Harris used to put on a red blazer and perform “MacArthur Park” for the first class passengers.

7. StarVapor says:

Trying to hide access to your customer service…is certainly not a valid form of customer service.

8. INsano says:

Seems like there is a James Bond joke somewhere.

9. Patriot says:

I wonder whatever happened to Emil Sokol. That ad is from 1976.

10. CTAUGUST says:

I LOVE when the Consumerist or other sites post information like this. I can’t believe how some companies make it their goal to keep customers from getting to live employees.

That said, I give it a few days before American Airlines sees this and reprograms their phone system to disable it.