Singing Viking Mom Gets Volvo To Investigate Car

It looks like absolute victory could be around the corner for Freya Svensson, the unhappy Volvo owner who turned to the internet, especially videos of herself singing and wearing a viking hat, to shame the car company into replacing her faulty transmission.

One of her latest posts says she got a call from Bill Casey at Volvo Customer Care who is sending out a special engineer on December 9th to scrutinize her car and records and figure out what’s going on. “Volvo recognizes it’s an issue that I have so many problems with my car, despite following recommended service schedules and Dealer suggested repairs, over the years,” wrote Freya of the call.

Excellent. We look forward to hearing the results.

In addition, Freya shares the following for Volvo/Ford Fauxvo owners who are not getting the proper mechanical support from their dealers:

“Contact 1-800-458-1552 or email Volvo Customer Care. In your message, mention Bill Casey’s name, and that will be a flag for him to review your case.”

Breaking News: Update from Volvo [RusmackedVolvo]

PREVIOUSLY: Freya Sings In Swedish To Get Volvo To Replace Faulty Transmission

Comments

1. ExVee says:

Not sure if it’s just me, but the Youtube video is overlapping some of the article text.

2. burnedout says:

I am so happy for the Viking lady – dealing with a car that keeps breaking is expensive and aggravating. But what is even more aggravating is that these big companies won’t work with customers until someone makes a fool of themselves on YouTube (I’m looking at you, United) or sits on the curb in a lawn chair for days (you too, dealership whose name I don’t remember). Why can’t these nimrods fix the problem the first time it’s brought to their attention???

3. Blueskylaw says:

Fordfaux = FordFalse?

Who would have thought.

4. shadow67 says:

singing is the new in…

5. diasdiem says:

She should join United Breaks Guitars Guy and form a band.

6. Colonel Jack O'neill says:

She got a new tranny in 2006, and she was still having problems, sounds like something else.
    But why did she take 3 years to start doing something about it.?
    In that 3 years time, she probably did more damage to the car.

And why did she only bring up the issue during her scheduled service?

7. 333 (only half evil) says:

I had a minivan with 21,000 miles still under warranty that I couldn’t get the dealer to fix. I painted messages on the very large windows, parked in front of the dealership’s front door, and told them they would see me everyday. That was the day they decided they could fix the van.