101 Stores To Shop Today And Monday

Several readers sent us this link to ITEYA’s exhaustive rankings of the top 101 Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales.

Peruse and devise your shopping plan along with the picks from Consumer Reports’ Tightwad Tod.

101 Stores to Shop at on Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2009 [ITEYA]

(Thanks, Andrew, John and Richard!)

Comments

1. blogger X says:

Shop?!? Meh…I’m still in a food coma!

2. slappysquirrel says:

Amazon does seem to have a few good deals, but I’m confused that Fingerhut is on anyone’s top list of sales. Isn’t the entire point of Fingerhut predatory lending through crazily expensive payment plans? Last time I looked at the catalog, they were selling one of those race-car-shaped beds for little kids. Fingerhut customers got to pay for the bed over a year or so, but ended up paying like $900 for a $500 bed.

• ChuckECheese says:

When I temped at a debt-settlement place last year, one of the lists we used to maintain was for the highest Fingerhut balances. At the time I left, the record was $1,100. Somebody charged over a grand worth of Fingerhut.

• slappysquirrel says:

With the number of people who buy furniture from Fingerhut, I’m surprised the highest Fingerhut bill wasn’t higher than that.

3. Aphex242 says:

Uh, Newegg.com isn’t on that list.

Fail.

• G.O.B.: Come on! says:

They listed CircuitCity under “Computers & Electronics”, FFS. Fail x 2.

Although. I have to say that Newegg let me down a bit. I’m in the market for a GPS unit for my car and expected their prices to be more competitive with the likes of BestBuy on the same models. I’ve decided to buy a model that’s not worth buying from either retailer, though. It’s on Amazon.

The only store I went to in-person today was Staples to pick up an awesome deal on an illuminated keyboard. Everything else is online shopping and nothing I really wouldn’t be buying anyway if it wasn’t Black Friday; almost all of it’s clothing.

4. khfurletti says:

This isn’t on the list, but if anyone’s looking for some awesome geek t-shirts, Geek Bouteek is having a 30% off storewide sale today. http://www.geekbouteek.com Geeks Rule!

5. Garbanzo says:

Man, what is up with the Random Capitalization in that Iteya article? I couldn’t read more than 4 or 5 blurbs before I had to take a breather.