1st Consumerist Meetup This Wed. Night!

Don’t forget, the first ever Consumerist meetup is tomorrow night. And it’s coming at a perfect time: This month is Consumerist’s four-year birthday!

Consumerist Meetup
Wed. 11/4/09 6-9pm
Botanica Bar
47 Houston St, NY NY 10012

Happy hour special all night long
Free drinks until our $500 bar tab runs out

Via Subway:
BDFV to Broadway/Lafayette
6 to Bleeker St.
NRW to Prince St

From NJ:
NJT or PATH To Penn Station, walk E. to 34th St, Herald Square, take BDFV to Broadway/Lafayette

From Connecticut and so forth North:
Metro North to Grand Central, 6 to Bleeker St.

If you’re driving, there’s a parking garage at 284 Mott between Houston and Prince. Most on-street parking opens up at 6pm.

Here’s a map that shows on-street parking:

View Larger Map
And one that shows nearby garages:

View Larger Map
And here’s what Botanica Bar looks like!

(Photo: e.Bergquist)

Comments

1. QADude says:

Anything in SF?

2. Three Word Chant says:

If it weren’t for the Yankee game I’d be there..have fun

3. nbs2 says:

After seeing many of the other posters here, I’m surprised a DC meetup isn’t in the works.

Or, is it?

4. mbressman says:

Check out nycgarages.com to see about finding possibly cheap parking garages close to the meet-up – hope this helps anyone who is driving in!

5. Benny Gesserit says:

So there’s no way I can convince you to move it to the following Saturday? What if I sang? Threatened to Sing? Promised to NOT sing?

Why, I’d even show my receipt!

Sigh – maybe next year.

6. Nick1693 says:

I can’t go, but I’ve been to NYC before.

If you aren’t from NYC/around there:
    Houston = house-ton.

(For like a week after I left NYC, I got pissed when people said it like the Texas city.)

7. HRGirl wants a cookie says:

I’ll be there! I was excited because this bar is close to my office then I stupidly took tomorrow off, so now I’m making a special trip just to meet you all.

8. trinidon2k says:

i’ll be there!

9. HesNoKennedy says:

Chicago anyone? I’ve been developing a rating system of Chicago bars based on seating availability, bathroom layout, and coat storage since the years slightly before I should have been in said bars.

10. keanho says:

You all watched me smash my Tivo on here three years ago, will I be welcome? I work a couple of blocks away.

11. MYKEE says:

I’ll be there early to take advantage of street parking, thanks for the map

12. mac-phisto says:

@GitEmSteveDave_ H1N1 Symptoms List: so i’m confused. you’ll be the one carrying the pissed off cat?

13. Laura Northrup says:

@GitEmSteveDave_ H1N1 Symptoms List: I can attest that GESD is normal and a fine person to talk to. But the nametag makes me a little dizzy.

14. MYKEE says:

@GitEmSteveDave_ Natural H1N1 Cure: I did just that. I couldn’t read your name tag because you didn’t even turn to talk to me, you acted like I was a bother and when I mentioned the hat and basically introducing myself you acted like you could less.

15. Eyebrows McGee (now with double the baby!) says:

@GitEmSteveDave_ H1N1 Symptoms List: That’s what you think! I live in a state where as long as the bar serves food, it’s open-access. I see lots of people with babies at bars now that we’re smoke-free! (But not Mini McGee, there’s too much flu out there.)

16. Kimaroo - 100% Pure Natural Kitteh says:

@Eyebrows McGee (now with more baby!): Well I assume that if it goes well we’ll want to do it more oftin than just once.

17. Saites says:

@Eyebrows McGee (now with more baby!): So Descartes is in a bar, and the bar tender approaches him and asks, “Would you like another drink?” Descartes has had a few and is done for the night, so he replies, “I think not” and disappears in a puff of logic.

18. Trai_Dep says:

@mac-phisto: It’d be kind of awesome if it turned out, after all this time, that SteveDave was a preternaturally intelligent cat madly typing on his owner’s laptop while she was away.

19. GitEmSteveDave_ H1N1 Symptoms List says:

@Trai_Dep: Shhhhhh!

20. GitEmSteveDave_ H1N1 Symptoms List says:

@Laura Northrup: This is a new one. It’s green.

21. MostlyHarmless says:

@HogwartsAlum: Well both are free, and neither require any special equipment. Go Get Em Girl!

We’d love to have you there :)

22. BklynHotniss says:

@GitEmSteveDave_ H1N1 Symptoms List: So you’ll be the one wearing the hat but not the face in the pic????????? Joking. You have a memorable face- Tomm I’ll be working on my knack for remembering faces instead. See you there.

23. subtlefrog says:

@Laura Northrup: Yay! Follow us again. You know you miss our inane spam.

24. subtlefrog says:

@Kimaroo – Fortified with Kittydus Purrularis: Interested in joining us? Search Subtlefrog on Skype.