Create Your Own Holiday Tableau With This Lighted Ceramic Walmart

Ah, lighted ceramic Christmas villages. They’re so sweet and timeless. The old-fashioned houses and shops on a surface of sparkling fake snow. The quaint figurines on the town square. The… Walmart SuperCenter?!

Justin found this festive decoration at his local Walmart. We suggest placing several hundred figurines close to the entrance, jostling for position in order to buy a $99 TV, in honor of the modern holiday spirit. No?

It appears that this item isn’t sold online, so you’ll have to visit your local Walmart to get one.

Comments

1. dragonfire81 says:

“We suggest placing several hundred figurines close to the entrance, jostling for position in order to buy a $99 TV, in honor of the modern holiday spirit.”

Or a Giant field of Hot wheels with miniature shopping carts dispersed in between…

2. TheOrtega says:

where’s the employee chasing after shoplifter figurines?

3. Applekid ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ) says:

I look forward to replacing the Main Street section with a ghetto ghost town of closed shops and a line coming out the employment office.

4. Xerloq says:

I’ve seen only one Walmart that looked that nice, it was on the front page of Consumerist before I clicked through to the article.

5. 40-40-5 says:

I’m jewish and I really want this.

6. The_Legend says:

Don’t forget the receipt checker.

7. GitEmSteveDave_ThatChickRockingKicks says:

Laura, I must say what you wrote is in VERY bad taste. You seem to be mocking the tragic death of Jdimytai Damour. We must not forget the ultimate price paid by a innocent worker because of Walmart’s greed and cost cutting measures, and also of our failures as human beings for compassion.

8. Scoobatz says:

This is so wrong. Think of all the damage this will do to the local Mom & Pop businesses that simply try to survive the seasonal market in Christmass Villages across the country. Don’t let the ice skaters and smiling kids throwing snowballs fool you. Once a Super Walmart moves into town, forget it.

9. Doreen DelPurgatorio says:

coffin figurines sold separately

10. subtlefrog says:

Trashy figurines sold separately from peopleofwalmart.com

11. meechybee says:

Too bad it’s not in scale with the rest of the village. If it were, it’d take up half the living room and you’d have to pave the rest with asphalt.

12. Battlehork says:

@Darkneuro: They just built a Walmart near me that looks more or less like that.

Also the outparcel buildings have fake second floors that even light up at night…

13. infopubs says:

I sent the picture of this to my Mom, and she went out to WalMart and purchased it.

I am stunned.