Yep, Trying To Trade Sex For World Series Tickets Is Illegal

We know you really want to go see the Phillies/Yankees World Series, but you’ll have to find some way to pay for it that doesn’t include sex acts. One Philly fan found out that hard way when an undercover cop answered her Craigslist ad.

The ad said she was a buxom blonde who was also a die hard Phillies fan and that the price she’d pay for the tickets was “negotiable.”

“I’m the creative type! Maybe we can help each other!” the ad said.

When the cop answered the ad, police say he was offered a variety of sex acts in exchange for the tickets. She has now been arrested.

Phillies fan arrested for sex-for-tickets offer [USAToday]
(Photo:loop_oh)

Comments

1. Raekwon says:

Wow Phillies fans really love to hammer people!

2. bmwloco says:

Oh cripes.

When is this country going to grow up and realize that sex is 1) natural 2) worth something.

3. Blueskylaw says:

No roses?

4. The_Legend says:

At least it wasn’t for one of the lousy bleacher seats in Yankee Stadium.

5. hypnotik_jello says:

mmmm cupcakes.

6. JGKojak says:

What a waste of law enforcement resources.

Who gives a flying, well, you know what!

Consenting adults trade sex for goods all the time– its just part of the dating ritual. What the hell.

So if I go out with a girl who is much prettier than I could ever land, and she does me because I have box seats (I don’t- this is a hypothetical) to the Yankees and wants to go to the games w/me before she dumps me, is that now illegal?

Give me a frickin’ break.

• DoubleEcho says:

@JGKojak: If both people were upfront with each other about the situation I wouldn’t have a problem with it. America is becoming more and more a prudish society.

I’m not saying there should be flying penises and breasts everywhere, but come on people, lighten up.

• pop top says:

@DoubleEcho: I wouldn’t say America is becoming prudish. It’s been prudish for decades and I would say major changes have been taking places only in the last 50 years.

• rocketbear79 says:

@squinko: I agree that it has been prudish for a long time, but advanced communications that we have today are giving prudes a much louder voice. You could argue the same for the other side, but its much easier for a few exhibitionist extremists to spread distaste across the middle than a prude extremist calling for the handing out of Abayas to 13 year olds.

• katia802 says:

@DoubleEcho: I would trade tickets to a ball game AND cupcakes for a chance to see flying penises!

• justagigilo85 says:

@JGKojak: You freakin’ nailed it. Couldn’t agree with you more.

7. fitzhume says:

What a waste of police resources.

8. missdona says:

Stay Classy, Philadelphia!

9. SkokieGuy says:

Society is so much safer now. Thank you to our boys in blue for spending our tax dollars wisely.

10. ConsumerPop says:

Oh Philly >333

11. ExtraCelestial says:

Maybe I’m naive, but “I’m the creative type! Maybe we can help each other!” would not have made me suspicious. Maybe because she called herself a buxom blonde? I dunno, but if that was the most salacious line in her ad I would’ve kept scrolling.

12. YouDidWhatNow? says:

One more example of how totally out of whack American laws and “morals” are.

Showing a tit during halftime at the Superbowl is a non-event.

Posting on Twitter wearing a tank top that shows your cleavage is a non-issue.

Offering sex to get something you want is a non-issue. Whether it’s money, a house, or baseball tickets.

We are so in the dark ages when it comes to sexuality…it’s a national shame.

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

@YouDidWhatNow?: The issue with the Jackson snafu was because it was during the Superbowl and its halftime show, both of which are watched by all ages.

• The_IT_Crone says:

@pecan 3.14159265: because the cheerleaders are so pure?

• YouDidWhatNow? says:

@pecan 3.14159265:

I’m sorry, but I just don’t see any reason why a woman should have to be ashamed of her breasts, or any reason why it should be considered immoral to display them.

To wit, it is in fact legal in some place, such as NYC, for a woman to walk around topless in public anyway.

• Rachacha says:

@YouDidWhatNow?: Actually, not just NYC, but All of New York State because of a court case in Rochester NY in 1992- “The Top Free 7″

I am of course sumarizing, but a woman may be topless in public as long as her actions are not lewd and was not for commercial purposes. SO a woman walking down the street, no problem. A woman jumping on a trampoline for her own enjoyment, probably not a problem, a woman jumping on a trampoline for money I believe would be against the law. (IANAL)

• Rachacha says:

@Rachacha: And actually addressing the Janet Jackson incident, as she was simply standing in a pose at the end of the song when exposed, it probably couls not be classified as lewd, so it would not have been against NYS law, but as it was broadcast on television, it would still have been against FCC regulations, even if the game in question had been held in New York State.

• witeowl says:

@YouDidWhatNow?: What gets me: If they had acted out a scene in which he beat her, complete with realistic, gory effects, no one (or far fewer) would have complained.

• YouDidWhatNow? says:

@witeowl:

Yup. The Hot Coffee episode on GTA taught us all that selling drugs on the streets, gang violence, and shooting cops in the head is fine – but sex between 2 consenting adults (who somehow don’t even take their clothes off) is obscene.

• YOXIM says:

@pecan 3.14159265: Because, you know, god forbid a kid saw a nipple. Big fucking deal.

• floraposte says:

@YOXIM: And the “women’s volleyball team” ad played during the same Superbowl–that’s the one where they’re playing in their gossamer-thin beach Lycra, only in winter. There were plenty of nipples on display there.

• RandomHookup says:

@YOXIM: Based on statistics, about 74% of American kids have had an up-close and personal relationship with at least two breasts.

13. Radi0logy says:

Love lift us up where we belong!!
    Where the Eagles cry, on a mountain high
    Love lift us up where we belong
    Far from the world we know
    Up where the clear winds blow!

14. ThinkerTDM says:

You know, a picture of the “buxom blonde” would help a great deal in deciding if it was wrong.

15. Quake 'n' Shake says:

After seeing her picture, I believe that hiring an attractive prostitute would have been cheaper than forking over series tickets.

16. morlo says:

Unjust! She was planning on killing him and stealing his underwear.

17. DoctorMD says:

In the words of Charlie Sheen (I think). “I am not paying her for sex I am paying her to leave”

18. proskills says:

So this would have been a legal deal if it was in Nevada?

19. tbax929 says:

I would give a kidney for a couple of World Series tix.

If consenting adults want to trade sex for tickets, I have absolutely no problem with it.

20. cmdrsass says:

Woman uses sex to get what she wants, news at 11.

21. runchadrun says:

I have 2 World Series tickets in my desk for game 3 on Saturday that I’m willing to sell for top dollar. They are for section 7TD, row E, seats 20 and 21. Oh, what’s that? They are for the game at Dodger Stadium? Hmm, maybe I won’t get such a good price for them after all.

22. Scoobatz says:

Whatever happened to the girl autioning off her virginity on Ebay? If I recall, the story received a lot of national attention, but no charges were filed. This doesn’t seem to be any different to me.

23. LetMeGetTheManager says:

It would be just like watching the Phillies offense…even when they’re trying to get to second base, they get thrown out before scoring.

24. H3ion says:

The Yankee fans are more discreet. Also better looking.

25. ichiban1081 says:

Sweet Dee is that you?

[c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com]

26. johnfrombrooklyn says:

There are about a million ads on Craig’s List that come right out and offer sex. Why would the cops worry about this ad compared to the others?

27. Raiders757 says:

How lame!! If some poor sap wants to give up a ticket for a good time, then both parties involved should be left alone. What a waist of tax payers money.

28. ddelux49 says:

Ugh. This woman is not deserving of a public shaming by the media. Why aren’t we posting photos of the thousands-upon-thousands of johns who solicit sex from prostitutes? Is it because she offered sex in exchange for World Series tickets? Because people have offered sex for much, much less than that.

29. Mr.Duke says:

Illegal? It sounds like a 3rd date.

30. BrooklynKnight says:

The woman that was arrested for this was on the Opie and Anthony show today discussing the issue and claims the police Officer entrapped her AND misrepresented what she was offering or something like that.

Somehow I have no doubt.

31. catniplover says:

This really pisses me off. We women use sex to get things all the time, and men know it. I’m a homemaker, and in college one of my professors called homemakers “glorified prostitutes”. Where is the line drawn? No money was to be exchanged here.

And hells, if I was single and the seats were good enough (no 400 section, please!) I’d do it for world series tickets. Most likely. Maybe. We’d talk over some wine.

32. wasexton says:

Next ad…

Buxom blonde who is also a die hard Phillies fan needs legal assistance and the pay is “negotiable.” If you’re an attorney then I’m the creative type! Maybe we can help each other!

33. wezelboy says:

Sounds like something Sweet Dee would do.

34. mariospants says:

You know, at first, I definitely sided with the lady: after all, it’s her body, right? And frankly, it’s not like the state drills all of the intricacies of all of the laws into our heads (sorry, but ignorance of some laws and by-laws is unfair).

On the other, any “buxom blonde” who’s advertising her “services” in exchange for a couple of WS tix is likely no Mother Theresa.

35. dkoemans says:

so… did he give her the tickets?